Eating breakfast apart.

Stratheden

Sorry, it sounded like you were suggesting OP should make the sacrifice. Your idea is better. Or would be if they really want to eat together. I've never been a fan of "togetherness" is 24-7.

Me either. When I was married we certainly didn't spend every minute together. Now that I'm happily single I don't have to compromise. For a while a friend "threatened":D to go with me. I'm kinda happy that she decided not to.

I won't be eating any meals or going anywhere on or off ship without my darling cabin mate. I can't stand for us to be separated for more than a few moments when I'm awake, and I want to know we are close even when I sleep, just waiting for our union on waking.

I can't imagine a meal, most especially breakfast, without my beloved.

I am referring, of course, to my coffee. ;)

Pretty funny Khaos[emoji75]

I won't be eating any meals or going anywhere on or off ship without my darling cabin mate. I can't stand for us to be separated for more than a few moments when I'm awake, and I want to know we are close even when I sleep, just waiting for our union on waking.

I am referring, of course, to my coffee. ;)

I feel the same, but not coffee DW.

Recently I was making air arrangements for a couple in their mid 70's. I told them I could get them two aisle seats directly across from each other. The only seats together were a middle and window in the last row. They just couldn't comprehend not sitting together and would rather endure six hours jammed in the last row rather than sit 24 inches across from each other. My wife would suggest I take the middle seat in row 26 while she sits in aisle seat 14C.

Edited by PoppyandNana

Recently I was making air arrangements for a couple in their mid 70's. I told them I could get them two aisle seats directly across from each other. The only seats together were a middle and window in the last row. They just couldn't comprehend not sitting together and would rather endure six hours jammed in the last row rather than sit 24 inches across from each other. My wife would suggest I take the middle seat in row 26 while she sits in aisle seat 14C.

I'm with the couple in their 70s.

Hmm.. I can actually see it from both angles. On the one hand, aisle seats are a bit more convenient, and allow for more room, and you can still converse and such.

OTOH, though, you can't really hold hands or snuggle or anything for that entire block of hours, even though you're so close, and you may end up getting a lot "cozier" with a stranger than with your partner for 6 hours.

Hmm.. I can actually see it from both angles. On the one hand, aisle seats are a bit more convenient, and allow for more room, and you can still converse and such.

OTOH, though, you can't really hold hands or snuggle or anything for that entire block of hours, even though you're so close, and you may end up getting a lot "cozier" with a stranger than with your partner for 6 hours.

DH and I, after 43 years of marriage, prefer an aisle seat each now, but must admit to reaching out and hand clinging on for dear life during some really turbulent flights.:eek:

Who in the world holds hands or snuggles on an airplane. My wife is generally reading or sleeping and I am across the aisle with my earbuds jammed into my ears to block out external sounds and listening to music or white noise, When she does want to talk to me, I have to take the things out of my ears which is a pain.

After you have been married for as long as we have been, you do not have to be together 24/7.

DON

Who in the world holds hands or snuggles on an airplane. My wife is generally reading or sleeping and I am across the aisle with my earbuds jammed into my ears to block out external sounds and listening to music or white noise, When she does want to talk to me, I have to take the things out of my ears which is a pain.

After you have been married for as long as we have been, you do not have to be together 24/7.

DON

Not sure how long you've been married Don, but HERSELF and I have 35 years up and very happy to be together 24/7. and yes we even still hold hands and have even been known to snuggle.

Thank goodness we're all different. Boring old world otherwise.

DW and I have only been married 12 years (well come Sept.22) and with our schedules we rarely eat together . Plus we have just as many individual interests as we do mutual. Which makes the times we are together , and do things together even more special.

Breakfast alone is no biggie.

Who in the world holds hands or snuggles on an airplane.

Quite a number of people, I would suspect. The close quarters would seem to make it ideal, and cuddling or holding hands with a loved one is a common way of calming fears and anxieties - something many people experience when flying.

My wife is generally reading or sleeping and I am across the aisle with my earbuds jammed into my ears to block out external sounds and listening to music or white noise, When she does want to talk to me, I have to take the things out of my ears which is a pain.

Ahh yes, having a spouse who wants to waste your time with such an outdated thing as conversation on a journey must be very tedious. You have my sympathies.

Certainly not. It is healthy to have one's own time, activities, and friends, separate from one's partner(s) to balance out the together time, regardless of the age of the relationship.

I, personally, require a great deal of solitude in order to function like a decent human being around others, but I still enjoy cuddling and holding hands with my partners of 19, 9, and 8 years, respectively.

Not being together 24/7 does not at all preclude physical closeness and some displays of affection for a few hours, though.

Edited by Khaos WolfKat
typos