Celebrity Reflection 11 Night Eastern Mediterranean No Istanbul

cruiserhal

Mrs. Cupcake,

We are on the Equinox disembarking in Istanbul on September 19th and we have not had any news either. I know it doesn't help you but as we are rather connected I thought I would pass it on.

HOWEVER, I fully understand that Celebrity has the responsibility for over 3,000 people on board and my own personal sentiment is not the issue.

Istanbul was cancelled because of an excisting risk. There is no denying the risk - we can argue about the probabilitiy and chances, but not about the risk.

How much risk do you want them to take?!

I will and would never ever ask for compensation because Celebrity or any other cruiseline acted accordingly.

Asking for compensations in these situations will only make them hesitate in a similar situation in the future. Until something really happens...

+1.000.000

Could not agree more!

Because of this: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/02/explained-are-terrorist-about-attack-sochi-olympics

Very close to a region that is rebel to Moscow.

Tnx! Though Olympics passed more than 1,5 years ago, so terrorists would not have particular interest in Sochi now...

Anyway, unfortunately American cruise lines don't seem to go there anymore... by purely political reasons... :( which is a pity because it is really great!

Edited by chebumosqui

Well it's 1st Sept, so only 9 days before we sail.

Watched Constellation sail from Venice yesterday and so the next time she ends a cruise it'll be in Civitavecchia.

Only 5 work days here, so better think about packing!

Have a good week all.

Well it's 1st Sept, so only 9 days before we sail.

Watched Constellation sail from Venice yesterday and so the next time she ends a cruise it'll be in Civitavecchia.

Only 5 work days here, so better think about packing!

Have a good week all.

Reflection's 8/31 cruise was notified five days before departure. Let's wait four more days... If no changes for Constellation's overnight in Istanbul, will be a good outlook for Reflection and Equinox passengers.

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Calendar has both original ports and potential new ports on my Oct 12th Eastern Meditteranean Cruise. Looks like they are still considering cancelling Istanbul.

I too, am on your sailing, I do not see anything with potential new itineraries, may I ask where and hen have you seen this?

I too, am on your sailing, I do not see anything with potential new itineraries, may I ask where and hen have you seen this?

It is listed, if you sign into your reservation and click on cruise calendar, it shows the scheduled port and alternative ports and the times the ship will dock in each port if they go with the alternative itinerary.

Just got the itinerary change email from Celebrity for 21/9 sailing and for the 12/10 sailing

Istanbul out, overnight in Athens, Rhodes and Crete added.

"Dear Valued Guest,

Please be advised the Reflection 11 Night Eastern Mediterranean itinerary

has been modified as detailed below. The affected sail dates are as

follows:

(See attached file: RF 11nt 09-21-15, 10-12-15.doc)

Edited by Peterh

It is listed, if you sign into your reservation and click on cruise calendar, it shows the scheduled port and alternative ports and the times the ship will dock in each port if they go with the alternative itinerary.

Yes, I see my calendar is listed that way too for the Oct 12 sailing.

It is not encouraging to see that the 9/21 sailing has been changed now as well.

The calendar for the Oct 23rd Constellation still shows original itinerary--i.e. embarking in Istanbul with an overnight the first night.

Obviously out of my control but still keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't change.

The calendar for the Oct 23rd Constellation still shows original itinerary--i.e. embarking in Istanbul with an overnight the first night.

Obviously out of my control but still keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't change.

My guess is they will not overnight in Istanbul. They will just debark and embark passengers, as to change that would be a major undertaking.

Just got the itinerary change email from Celebrity for 21/9 sailing and for the 12/10 sailing

Istanbul out, overnight in Athens, Rhodes and Crete added.

"Dear Valued Guest,

Please be advised the Reflection 11 Night Eastern Mediterranean itinerary

has been modified as detailed below. The affected sail dates are as

follows:

(See attached file: RF 11nt 09-21-15, 10-12-15.doc)

Thanks for the post. Not had my email yet, what does the attachment say?

'My Reservation' still shows Istanbul, but I have noticed that the cruise planner shows both itineraries, so in theory you could still book Istanbul excursions. :confused:

We thoroughly enjoyed Istanbul on the 10th August Reflection sailing, which is now the last one to enjoy the overnight in this magnificent city, but obviously X have been told something by the Those inThe Know and they have had to come up with an alternative. I'm sorry for that as Istanbul was a very cosmopolitan city, which we thoroughly enjoyed and I can only feel sadness for the tour guides and bus drivers who will be the instant victims off this decision. But when you see where the ship docks, you can understand if there is a threat, how easy it would be to carry out. Here is a pic from our veranda

1229e2cea3a5df58be47e93ac536572c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received our notice from Celebrity regarding our Sept 7-19 cruise on Equinox:

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We would like to provide you important information regarding your sailing onboard Celebrity Equinox. As you may be aware, Turkey is experiencing some security concerns. After closely monitoring the situation in Istanbul, we have decided, out of an abundance of caution, to cancel Celebrity Equinox’s overnight stay in Istanbul. The ship will now arrive in Istanbul on September 19 at 4:30am. Additional information on your itinerary will be provided at check in. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

I was told by Celebrity that all overnights are cancelled for remainder of year. If you are embarking or disembarking you will still go there but not staying overnight. I love our new ports but feel like this decision was made a while ago and we could have been notified sooner... Oh well.... it is going to be wonderful anyway!

We are on the Sept 18 Constellation out of Istanbul. We were originally set to sail at 5pm after an overnight and was looking forward to the cruise down the Bosphorous. Now that will happen after dark at around midnight on Sept 18 which is sort of sad.

We will also miss visiting some other things in Istanbul. The replacement, as the rumor has it given that who know how long it will take Celebrity to officially inform us, is a part day in Crete which does not sound overly exciting. Will need to decide if it is worth bothering to disembark there.

We booked for next Oct and already wondering how different things might be that far out....after seeing a couple of movies featuring the areas of istanbul that most tourists flock to we joked that what the heck...been here,done that....but will be disappointed to not see the real thing........

We are on the Sept 18 Constellation out of Istanbul. We were originally set to sail at 5pm after an overnight and was looking forward to the cruise down the Bosphorous. Now that will happen after dark at around midnight on Sept 18 which is sort of sad.

We will also miss visiting some other things in Istanbul. The replacement, as the rumor has it given that who know how long it will take Celebrity to officially inform us, is a part day in Crete which does not sound overly exciting. Will need to decide if it is worth bothering to disembark there.

We stopped in Crete at the port of Souda, which is for Chania. We were not expecting much and loved Chania. If this is where you dock, take the port bus to Chania for less than 2 euro each way. The wifi at the bus stop in Chania is great. The city center is lovely and a great spot for lunch!