View from S Class - deck 11

Vikstar

Hi All,

I know this might be a long shot, but I was just wondering if anyone had any photos of views from deck 11 on the Solstice class ships? It looks to me as though rooms after the hump don't have direct views down to the water and are instead looking down at life boats or tender boats, is this correct? I feel disappointed that the view will be terrible.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi All,

I know this might be a long shot, but I was just wondering if anyone had any photos of views from deck 11 on the Solstice class ships? It looks to me as though rooms after the hump don't have direct views down to the water and are instead looking down at life boats or tender boats, is this correct? I feel disappointed that the view will be terrible.

Any help is appreciated!

Back aft on Deck 11, I would be more concerned with the support beams coming down on your balcony than I would about looking straight down at the lifeboats.

On the positive side, you have staterooms above you whereas up forward you have the pool deck above you.

Edited by Wine-O

I'm really picky about what I look out at. I would never book an obstructed view balcony on any ship.

(had one once (before they fixed the fact that some cabins were obstructed, long time ago) and it was not good).

But.....when in a cabin looks straight out to the ocean (and not a lifeboat), I'm a happy camper.

I wish they had not designed these ships with the lifeboats sticking out, but it isn't that awful.

Sometimes if labeled obstructed, just the view down would be affected. But I'd much rather see out while seated without structures blocking or interrupting the view, than worry about what I see while standing at the rail looking straight down.

I typically book on deck 11 and I never noticed the lifeboats as I never look directly down. I look out and away from the ship. Even if you were in the aft section, if you look directly down, you may see other cruisers or lounge chairs.

Yes. I dont understand how going aft fixes the downwards view - I think it makes it worse as there are tiered cabins below you. And not necessarily pleasant sights. Actually the support beams bothered me more than the lifeboats.

8e980269dbb12074b4986ba2d76e14ef.jpg

Yes. I dont understand how going aft fixes the downwards view - I think it makes it worse as there are tiered cabins below you. And not necessarily pleasant sights. Actually the support beams bothered me more than the lifeboats.

8e980269dbb12074b4986ba2d76e14ef.jpg

Hi Pushka,

Just out of curiosity, which cabin was this taken from?

I would agree that the hump would be your best idea. Also, in the forward section the balconies are out a bit further, but the hump is the best for what you are after. There are a lot of cabins available on the hump, and if you are already paying deck 11 prices, then I would imagine the hump is not that much more overall?

This is from Deck 10 forward looking back.. you can just see the hump cabins sticking out further, about level with the lifeboat outer edges.

PA280910.jpg

This is from Deck 7 at the rear slant of the hump looking back...

PB060690.jpg

PB040522.jpg

PB100104.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

Another picture to show the in and out formation. Those hump cabins would look down pretty nicely I would say. The forward section is a fair way out flush as well. We found it very stable even in the front section of deck 10. We did one leg on Deck 10 and the next leg (back to back) on the slant hump cabin deck 7. Felt very little difference in the way the ship felt. Just liked being closer to the lifts on the hump balcony. :)

PB040518.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

That obstruction would bother me much more than looking straight down and seeing the tops of lifeboats.

1553. Forward Aqua. We had this to our right - in front of next two cabins and not a real issue mostly.

7c8bb88e2785b8858a12dc48cb7d1cdf.jpg