Peninsula club and Princess

madscienceteacher

And I refer you to what I said when last this was discussed anyone who cruises with any cruise line because of the club benefits is daft.

They are a little extra that is all.

I agree that loyalty benefits aren't the only reason why I cruise- I wouldn't cruise so much with P&O if I did. However, I think it's very short-sighted of P&O not to reward loyalty in a more positive way and encourage people to stay with them. I don't actually think there loyalty a good business model.

We like Princess and if they did more cruises out of the UK we would be choose them over P&O, because of the way you are valued on the ships when you reach tiers like Elite

I agree that loyalty benefits aren't the only reason why I cruise- I wouldn't cruise so much with P&O if I did. However, I think it's very short-sighted of P&O not to reward loyalty in a more positive way and encourage people to stay with them. I don't actually think there loyalty a good business model.

We like Princess and if they did more cruises out of the UK we would be choose them over P&O, because of the way you are valued on the ships when you reach tiers like Elite

But the point is that P&O are getting the loyalty. That is without the bribes that other lines seem to use. It is noticeable that in the current raft of offers the ons for P&O are not as good as he likes of Celebrity or Princess. Perhaps they are having to work harder.

I do think the major factor is the number of P&O cruises from the UK and spread over all 12 month. The other major lines cannot match that. The no fly element is a huge draw.

But the point is that P&O are getting the loyalty. That is without the bribes that other lines seem to use. It is noticeable that in the current raft of offers the ons for P&O are not as good as he likes of Celebrity or Princess. Perhaps they are having to work harder.

I do think the major factor is the number of P&O cruises from the UK and spread over all 12 month. The other major lines cannot match that. The no fly element is a huge draw.

Don't forget tea and coffee in the cabin [emoji477]️

Or wait and hope they revise the offering? Strategically I think it would be a good thing for them to consider, just needs some fresh thinking from the P&O board.

With Paul Ludlow from Princess taking over maybe this will be sooner than some think.

Cruises currently selling for 14 nts on Oceana and Aurora in December currently selling for £599 thats £42 a night per person that is why they are filling the ships and cannot be making a profit at that price. Never seen any Celebrity or Princess at £42 a night per person or else I would have booked it. Cruise TA on Freeview on channel 55 at 6pm have had loads of ridiculously cheap cruises on P&O recently and not all late some on Ventura next March/April at £53pppn.

I as referring to 2016. Princess do not cruise from the UK in Nov/Dec. if you want to play that game of finding low prices. I have lots to show you which would bore everyone else.

Perhaps he will buy DaiB some new rose colored spectacles :)

Cb

Perhaps he may get Princess to sail from the UK. BTW do not insult me that is not what the site is for.

Edited by daiB

Perhaps he may get Princess to sail from the UK. BTW do not insult me that is not what the site is for.

Or get P&O to reward loyalty better.

PS I think you will find the :) at the end of his "insult" was meant in jest, calm down!

Edited by CCFC

And I refer you to what I said when last this was discussed anyone who cruises with any cruise line because of the club benefits is daft.

They are a little extra that is all.

No offence taken ....[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Edited by Florry

Or get P&O to reward loyalty better.

PS I think you will find the :) at the end of his "insult" was meant in jest, calm down!

Sorry not jest at all has been used by a number of people towards me when they cannot argue about the facts.

I am very calm do not use that insult either.

Sorry not jest at all has been used by a number of people towards me when they cannot argue about the facts.

I am very calm do not use that insult either.

Your insultometer is off the scale today Dai, rose tinted glasses :) an insult? Seriously?

I never intended to insult you :rolleyes:

Your insultometer is off the scale today Dai, rose tinted glasses :) an insult? Seriously?

I never intended to insult you :rolleyes:

When it is used all the by the same group of people on a regular basis yes. The lose the argument and resort to insults.

I have a very low tolerance to this now. It may have been a joke a few years ago. Not now. Perhaps you are joining in.

Sorry if you elected to be insulted by a tic comment..BTW Princess sail out of Southampton I believe.

Cb

Not all the time. If you had read all the comments, I was making the point about only P&O sailing out of Southampton 12 month a year.

Edited by daiB

I am constantly amazed by the number of times that people on this forum hold up Princess as an example of the way to run a cruise line. We are elite on Princess (only 2 P&O cruises contributed to that status) so I can confidently say that in my opinion years ago Princess were superior to P&O but in the last 4 years we have cruise with P&O and Cunard rather than Princess because Princess have dropped standards making them far less attractive to us. We have however booked a Princess cruise for next summer because we were attracted to the itinerary. Princess is far from perfect as is P&O or any other cruise line, yes Princess does have a more attractive loyalty scheme, but seriously, who cruises for the loyalty scheme.

We all need to look at the wider picture and accept that each cruise line will suit some passengers more than others, after all we are all different and have different requirements when we are booking our holidays.

I am constantly amazed by the number of times that people on this forum hold up Princess as an example of the way to run a cruise line. We are elite on Princess (only 2 P&O cruises contributed to that status) so I can confidently say that in my opinion years ago Princess were superior to P&O but in the last 4 years we have cruise with P&O and Cunard rather than Princess because Princess have dropped standards making them far less attractive to us. We have however booked a Princess cruise for next summer because we were attracted to the itinerary. Princess is far from perfect as is P&O or any other cruise line, yes Princess does have a more attractive loyalty scheme, but seriously, who cruises for the loyalty scheme.

We all need to look at the wider picture and accept that each cruise line will suit some passengers more than others, after all we are all different and have different requirements when we are booking our holidays.

Having done nearly 40 cruises with Princess, P&O and Cunard since 1997 all cruiselines standards have dropped as well as the prices for cruising which is now cheaper than it has ever been. But its only a matter of opinion but think Princess standards recent years has dropped far less than P&O and Cunard and in our opinion still a far better cruise experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh I don't know.

That 10% discount comes in very handy.

The more you spend the more you save.

But Richard then people complain cos they have so much OBC they never buy anything with 10%. Off. .???

That always makes me smile people complaining cos someone has given them something free.

They could pass it on to us. :)

Been trying to find the answer to this without any luck.

We have previously done 14 nights on Ventura so we are 10 points short of the first loyalty level on P&O.

We have just returned from 12 nights on a Princess ship and our P&O history was recognised to take us up to the Gold tier on Princess.

Does it work the other way? Will P&O recognise our Princess cruise?

Thanks

Mandy

No they won't 😔

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh I don't know.

That 10% discount comes in very handy.

The more you spend the more you save.

It is true the OBC obliterates this benefit. One way or another OBC isn't free it averages out in what you've paid compared to others. It's not about moaning about OBC, it's just pointing out that actually the Peninsular Club has little value in terms of loyalty reward or incentive.

Edited by Florry