Epic

CCJ

We are traveling on the Epic 7-16 Mediterranean and they have changed our Itinerary, We are not going to Palma de mallorca now does anyone really know why, that is the best part of the trip

We are traveling on the Epic 7-16 Mediterranean and they have changed our Itinerary, We are not going to Palma de mallorca now does anyone really know why, that is the best part of the trip

Marseille is an. Industrial port where there is nothing.. Palma has she beaches and is lovely.

Unless someone from NCL says why any other comment is speculation.

Think you can reach Avignon on a TGV well worth a visit and easy to book in advance. About 25mins (The TGV station is a very modern new facility 5mins drive outside of historic Avignon but a shuttle bus takes you or you can taxi it.

Think you can reach Avignon on a TGV well worth a visit and easy to book in advance. About 25mins (The TGV station is a very modern new facility 5mins drive outside of historic Avignon but a shuttle bus takes you or you can taxi it.

Thanks - Food for thought and helpful

My guess is they want to save on fuel as Marseille is on the way. Palma Mallorca is farther away- more fuel to sail further. I've been to both and you're right Palma is a much nicer place. Though having said that - I did do an excellent private tour that visited two wineries and Aix en Provence with members from the roll call. Maybe NCL thinks they will sell more shore excursions as many people often use Palma as a beach day using private taxis.

My guess is they want to save on fuel as Marseille is on the way. Palma Mallorca is farther away- more fuel to sail further. I've been to both and you're right Palma is a much nicer place. Though having said that - I did do an excellent private tour that visited two wineries and Aix en Provence with members from the roll call. Maybe NCL thinks they will sell more shore excursions as many people often use Palma as a beach day using private taxis.

Shore ex of course that's it

• 1 month later...
The itinerary change from Palma to Marseille was announced in another thread about a month ago:

Epic Itinerary Change April 17 2016 - November 20 2016

Nobody knows why (or nobody's saying).

All clear now, the reason for the change

Add Marseille as an embarkation port.

Not that big a surprise they used to use it a couple of years back.

Edited by insidecabin

Palma is my favourite city in the world, but I don't think the late port time was that good - especially as it gets dark early.

Marseille may be an industrial port, but it's a massive beautiful city with loads to explore and shouldn't be discounted based upon where the ship docks. If we did that no one would get off at Livorno :)

What did you do in Palma

I had the shore excursion package so I booked an NCL excursion in every port except one. The one in Palma was the bike riding one, Cycle Palma I think it's called. It was a great way to explore the city and I saw a lot of really cool things and heard great stories!

The highlight was a visit to the church to buy cookies made by cloistered nuns. They're not allowed to see the outside world, so you order through a wall and pay/get your cookies from a turntable-like thingy. And the story behind why they started making cookies to begin with is steeped in tradition.

Just a very cool place with very cool experiences!