RCCL CSR About Grandeur

Cool Cruzer

I just got off the phone with RCCL inquiring about the status of Grandeur, and also why on their website there is no cruises available until December of 2006. I am scheduled to go on Grandeur Jan 7th, 2006. Spoke with a Brad...Brad states that RCCL is now under heavy consideration of cancelling all cruises until Dec 2006!!!:eek::eek: I asked again if he heard correctly. He stated "RCCL is now under heavy consideration of either cancelling all cruises until Dec 2006, or rescheduling with other cruise lines. I asked if they cancelled, would we get 100%? Stated yes, or reschedule with other cruise lines.

Man...we originally were scheduled to go on the AOS back in 2005, but cancelled due to health complications. Now RCCL is considering cancelling. Guess what comes around..goes around eh? I really wish that RCCL would seriously consider at LEAST switching to Tampa, or Mobile.

THe Grandeur is going to Tampa. It arrives there on Dec 3rd. We are scheduled to leave Baltimore on the Grandeur on 11/20 and will be ending our cruise in Tampa instead of New Orleans. I do not know about the cruises beng canceled through Dec 06, that may be a rumor. I have another cruised booked in May of 06 and that one is still on their website, however the one right before it which I also happen to be booked on is not. However I am being patient with them. I know they are facing a horrendous logistical nightmare and that it takes time to get everything in place before making an announcement.

Annieeee

I wouldn't imagine they'd cancel all sailing til Dec. '06. If NO port is badly torn up, they might cancel sailings out of NO til Dec. '06. But remember, Grandeur moves to Baltimore in May (approx.) and sails from there for the summer. Logically anyone sailing from Baltimore (ME!ME!) will be fine. As for the ones scheduled to sail from NO - I hope you all land somewhere:(

Grandeur is also tentatively scheduled for drydock from late Oct. '06 til early Dec. '06 (another possible reason for no sailings?):D

In light of Katrina and all of its ramifications, perhaps Royal Caribbean is mulling over the possibility of moving up the "stretch" of the Grandeur. She is supposed to get the same treatment that Enchantment just underwent.

Just more wild speculation. :)

In light of Katrina and all of its ramifications, perhaps Royal Caribbean is mulling over the possibility of moving up the "stretch" of the Grandeur. She is supposed to get the same treatment that Enchantment just underwent.

Just more wild speculation. :)

I am not sure they can if they don't have the midsection built. Do they have the midsection built for her? I think this would be the perfect opportunity to get it done though but only If...

Brad should be fired!!! This is probably the most horrific example of poor customer service that I've ever heard. I mean really think about it people... the Enchantment Stretch did not take a full year so the Grandeur stretch is not going to take a full year... DUH! They don't have the midsection built or even started that I've heard so how is that going to happen anyway?

And do you really think RCCL is just going to dock the Grandeur and not sail her and get absolutely no revenues for a year? In an emergency, they may try to move stranded passengers to the best available ship even if it was on another line, but this is not the case and they are not going to call up Carnival for example and say "Hey, we can't sailing out of NOLA so we are just going to dock the Grandeur, do you think you could take some of our passengers?"

While I'd like to think that RCCL was waiting to make a formal announcement that it is pulling out of NOLA for the season because they were hoping they could dock there at some point, their lack of communication and outright WRONG information coming from customer service is really pissing me off.

There, I got it off my chest. I don't usually rage on the boards, but I guess it was my time! I am not scheduled to sail the Grandeur until April, so have just been bidding time till I know were to book my air into, but I really do feel for those of you scheduled in December and January. From what I've been able to gleen, it appears they will move to Tampa, but there is a rumor that the # of days and ports may not be the same. Good Luck to all!

I'm with the PP It may be do to the shape of the ship we were just on the ship and it in bad shape they were only running on 1/2 power the last 2 day they cut back on the Air the last 3 day at night the lights in the dinner room were flicking on and off and they still have a big dint in the side

They need to drydock and this my be there way out

Mommytotwingirls - weren't you on the cruise that got stalled trying to come back in to Baltimore? If so, I can see why they would run @ less than maximum speed - weren't going anywhere fast where they? As pointed out, I doubt they could move the "stretch" (if that is in fact what happens) up that much - there's way to much logistical & technical stuff to deal with (if you want try to catch "The rebirth of a cruise ship" which gave a good idea of a non-stretch 3wk drydock) to decide "what the heck! Let's do it now!"

I'm sorry if you feel that the Grandeur is less than brand new - but it is 8 years old I believe. Think what your car looks like @ 8 years old!! ;)

We just returned, this AM, from the 9-night that became the 8-night Western Caribbean cruise on Grandeur. My husband attended a presentation by the captain followed by a Q & A session. Someone asked if and when Grandeur was going to be stretched. The captain's response was that it had yet to be determined and that no date was set. He did say that since she was the sister ship to Enchantment, they could use the same design plans and if they decide to stretch her, it would not take as long as Enchantment did.

As for the condition of the ship-the big ding in the starboard side is visible but has no effect other than cosmetic. We thought that the ship was clean, very clean. Yes, there is some wear and tear-but when you put light colored carpeting on the stairs to the pool and the Windjammer, it isn't going to stay pristine very long! We saw some other examples of the age of the ship-the bar stools in the Champagne Bar could use replacing as could the leather edging on the bar. Overall, we were impressed with the conditionof the ship and as I said-the cleanliness.

I called RCCL after reading this post - we have 35 people on the 1/7/06 sailing - and the person I spoke to put me on hold and checked with a supervisor before saying anything (smart). She told me that after checking with her supervisor, the executive office is meeting early this week to make a decision. She said to call back Tuesday or Wednesday and they should have an answer.

I think the OP is pulling everyone's leg. The have not decided what to do with the Granduer yet. They certainly are not go to cancel all the cruises till 2006. If this is what the OP was told then it must have been Brad's last day of work and he was just telling people what he wanted to.

We were without toilets in our room for a full day and 1/2 on 4th floor- guest relations were less than helpful- told us to use public facilities-- which did not work either. In my opinion, they should pull the ship & get this critical stuff fixed before subjecting passengers. I will be writing a more detailed review but just saw this thread.

I tend to believe what the OP is saying...because at this point, I would believe it if somebody said that Royal Caribbean was telling people they will take us to the ports on a dinghy. It's about the ONLY thing they haven't told us...

I'm booked on the 12/3 sailing, and my final payment was due Saturday, the 24th. When I called to make payment (on the 24th), the person I spoke with at my TA took my credit card number, etc., then put me on hold to call Royal Caribbean and make payment. When he came back on the line, he said that Royal Caribbean was refusing to accept payment until Monday night, the 26th for any of these sailings. Haven't tried Royal Caribbean yet today...I don't know what their story(ies) of the day will be...

I'm sort of at the point of saying "Oh, just....whatever!"

grandeur really, really needs dry docked asap. And not only externally, but most certainly internally, and not only the furnishings, but the un-concerned command, and the impolite crew. RCI, get out there and do it now.

Archived