Carnival Magic balcony doors?

tea4ular

I just read a European site that stated the balcony doors on Magic are sliders rather than swing open/closed.

Is that correct?

I would love sliders as I think it would alleviate that slamming thing that happens with the swing type.:eek:

I know the balcony doors on Lido deck cabins and on lower decks swing open.

I have sailed the beautiful Magic three times. Between my staterooms, including a cove, and visiting friends I will safely say all the balcony doors on the Magic are swing type. Now I am sure there is one stateroom that has a slider and 10 people will jump on here to correct me.

Going on my first Magic cruise in January and was wondering if anyone can any one tell me for the Cove Balcony's if the curtain covers both the door and the window.? I am worried about the light with the glass door. Any information will be much appreciated.

Going on my first Magic cruise in January and was wondering if anyone can any one tell me for the Cove Balcony's if the curtain covers both the door and the window.? I am worried about the light with the glass door. Any information will be much appreciated.

The drapes extend across the whole window wall and stack at the side between the view window and its adjacent wall. The balcony cabins on the Magic, I have been on, have been exceedingly quiet and I don't recall ever hearing my neighbors door slam.

The drapes extend across the whole window wall and stack at the side between the view window and its adjacent wall. The balcony cabins on the Magic, I have been on, have been exceedingly quiet and I don't recall ever hearing my neighbors door slam.

I want to sail next door to you.

We have not been as lucky. While I won't go so far as to speak to my neighbor, I have been passive aggressive. In a loud voice to my husband "don't let the door slam, sweetie" in the hope that others will get the idea.

Already printed up and ready to be delivered...

Dear neighbor(s): By now you've come to realize that the doors on a cruise ship are incredibly heavy and thus can really pack a wallop when they SLAM! :eek:

After the 2nd time, YOU, dear neighbor(s) must also realize that YOU are in control of whether the door SLAMS or not.

I (and all of your neighbors, above and below, as well as along side) are begging you... CUT IT OUT!

HOLD the door and close it quietly.

I just read a European site that stated the balcony doors on Magic are sliders rather than swing open/closed.

Is that correct?

I would love sliders as I think it would alleviate that slamming thing that happens with the swing type.:eek:

When we cruised on the Magic, we were on the ninth deck and our balcony door was hinged, not a slider. We were careful to not let it slam, but sometimes the wind does catch these things.

Doc

Maybe the sliding doors are found on the Disney Magic and not Carnival Magic?

I've sailed the Disney Dream and can't recall for sure but I seem to remember the balcony door slid open.

And I'm positive that the Crown Princess has sliding balcony doors.

We've been on the Magic 3 times and the Breeze once and I can report that all of the balcony doors were hinged doors - let the slamming commence.

We have sailed Caribbean and Emerald Princess and the doors were sliding glass doors, as were the doors on the RCCL Voyager, Navigator, and Mariner (at least in the Grand Suite and Royal Family Suites).

Maybe the sliding doors are found on the Disney Magic and not Carnival Magic?

I've sailed the Disney Dream and can't recall for sure but I seem to remember the balcony door slid open.

And I'm positive that the Crown Princess has sliding balcony doors.

Princess has sliders. Every Princess balcony cabin we've had to call maintenance as the sliders weren't closing properly. One time it was a loose screw, another time the whole mechanism had to be replaced. I'll take heavy, (unintentional) slamming doors any time.