BOGO D+ Coupons - 1st & 2nd night?

Foffie232

When we were on Allure on July, the BOGO coupons for dining for D+ patrons was being offered for first OR second night. Does anyone know if this is the case on Anthem these days? We are trying to plan our dining for our Thanksgiving Anthem cruise and were curious if that would work on night 2.

Thanks!

Stephie

When we were on Allure on July, the BOGO coupons for dining for D+ patrons was being offered for first OR second night. Does anyone know if this is the case on Anthem these days? We are trying to plan our dining for our Thanksgiving Anthem cruise and were curious if that would work on night 2.

Thanks!

Stephie

Since our experience on Allure back in January was that the D+/PC BOGO coupon could be used on both the first and second night as was our experience on Legend in April and Liberty in June, I'm going out on a limb and say it will be the same for Anthem.

Edited by cruisenfever

Our experience has been that as long as you book the reservations on the first day of the cruise, you can use the coupon on any night. On our last cruise, we booked the first night for Chops on the last night of the cruise with no problem

Thanks!

Stephie

This is definitely something that they have been allowing for a while now, Stephie. :)

Thanks!

Stephie

Our experience on any of the ships we have sailed since become D+ years ago, is we decide which night we want to use our coupon/s; we go to the restaurant we wish to eat at shortly after we board that FIRST day. They have always, sometimes it takes a couple of calls to the guy in charge, will make our reservation (even if its later in the cruise - not the first or second day), but they HAVE to put the charge on the sea pass that first night.

personally I feel that coupon has lost a little luster, since we have been seeing more and more ships offering 30% off 2nd person for first night seating to anyone. But its a good deal since they typically allow us to chose a different night. One ship did limit us to select a night that wasn't an at sea day.

Same here, Legend is currently allowing second BOGO to be used on any other night as long as payment is made for the second person on the first night of the cruise.

Same with us on several different ships in the past year. I would hope the Allure would use the same practice.

M

Question - does this BOGO res have to be made on board the first day or can I make 1 res under my husbands name for the first night and the 2nd res under my name for the second night pre cruise and still be able to use both coupons - his and mine?

Yes, you can do that since you both will have a coupon loaded onto your SeaPass card. You can either pre-book, get charged for 2 meals and then get credited 1 meal while on board or you can wait until you board and make your reservations then.

Question - does this BOGO res have to be made on board the first day or can I make 1 res under my husbands name for the first night and the 2nd res under my name for the second night pre cruise and still be able to use both coupons - his and mine?

We just make a reservation ahead of time for 1 person and then the 2 of us show up. You could make a reservation for 1 on both nights or you can make a reservation for 2 for both nights and get credited back for the 2 dinners when you each use your coupon.

I had sent C and A an email last year regarding the policy and got a response that it had been changed that they coupon can be used nights 1 and/or 2

So we pre booked a bunch of dinners already. This is our first sailing as D+ so I completely forgot about the coupons. So if we go to the venues we booked and eat there they will just credit us back Obc for the second person on 2 nights? Some say any nights some say must be the first 2?

So we pre booked a bunch of dinners already. This is our first sailing as D+ so I completely forgot about the coupons. So if we go to the venues we booked and eat there they will just credit us back Obc for the second person on 2 nights? Some say any nights some say must be the first 2?

Yes. As long as you are both in the system as D+ when you set sail, you should be able to use two D+ discounts. And if you have pre-booked the reservations, then the one "free" meal on each evening will be put on your SeaPass account as a credit.

Wow, and here I thought it was one coupon per cabin. DH and I will be D+ for the first time so we can take advantage twice? Stoked.

Yes, if you're both D+ or PC you'll each have a BOGO coupon for the first night. Obviously you can't use both the first night (unless you've got traveling companions you want to treat), so the staff is good about being flexible. Just ask the maitre d' when you make the reservation to confirm. We've never been told no.

Just an FYI, I did exactly what a few of you are suggesting and booked night 1 for myself at Chops online. When we showed up for dinner it was NOT a great experience! We were on Freedom and excited to be there. When we showed up, 2 of us, the woman at the desk scolded me and told me my reservation was only for 1. I explained why I did what I did but she continued to tell me I did it all wrong and had caused her "to have to cancel my reservation and rebook and issue a credit" I didn't understand why she needed to issue a credit since I had only paid for 1 person but she went on and on and on even followed us to the table later to let me know I should hever do that again. Soooooo, now I am hesitant to prebook. I am so happy to hear that quite a few of you are successful in doing that because we had also had done it a few times previous but she was not about to hear it. Did not get us off to a great start but we loved the rest of our cruise. We switched over to Giovanni's and had incredible service on 3 more nights but would not have gone back to Chops. Thanks for all the great information here.

Our next cruise is Celebrity for a change of pace and nothing else booked on Royal right now but still like to stay in the know!

Yep we are both D+. Does this include chefs table?

The answer used to be "no", but I was reading in the past couple of days that someone was able to use it. Since I don't remember which ship that person was on, I can't give more information! :eek: (of course, there is also the distinct possibility that my memory is scrambling what I read! ;) )

Just an FYI, I did exactly what a few of you are suggesting and booked night 1 for myself at Chops online. When we showed up for dinner it was NOT a great experience! We were on Freedom and excited to be there. When we showed up, 2 of us, the woman at the desk scolded me and told me my reservation was only for 1. I explained why I did what I did but she continued to tell me I did it all wrong and had caused her "to have to cancel my reservation and rebook and issue a credit" I didn't understand why she needed to issue a credit since I had only paid for 1 person but she went on and on and on even followed us to the table later to let me know I should hever do that again. Soooooo, now I am hesitant to prebook. I am so happy to hear that quite a few of you are successful in doing that because we had also had done it a few times previous but she was not about to hear it. Did not get us off to a great start but we loved the rest of our cruise. We switched over to Giovanni's and had incredible service on 3 more nights but would not have gone back to Chops. Thanks for all the great information here.

Our next cruise is Celebrity for a change of pace and nothing else booked on Royal right now but still like to stay in the know!

That person was definitely out of line. Maybe new to that position? Ignore that experience and keep on doing what we have all suggested and what you did.

:)

Yes, if you're both D+ or PC you'll each have a BOGO coupon for the first night. Obviously you can't use both the first night (unless you've got traveling companions you want to treat), so the staff is good about being flexible. Just ask the maitre d' when you make the reservation to confirm. We've never been told no.

You can now use the BOGO coupons on Night 1 and Night 2.

I generally do what you do, make a reservation in advance for only one. But I always make sure to go to the restaurant when I board and change the reservation to 2. Still, that woman was totally out of line.

I'm glad to hear about the flexibility in using these coupons because I've always thought we had to use them on night 1 and since DH and I each had a coupon we usually end up using the second one to treat a guest. Now I know we can use the full value of the coupon on ourselves.

Edited by yj2cute

The answer used to be "no", but I was reading in the past couple of days that someone was able to use it. Since I don't remember which ship that person was on, I can't give more information! :eek: (of course, there is also the distinct possibility that my memory is scrambling what I read! ;) )

Leaving on radiance in 2 days. On the flight now to Seattle. Going to give it a shot since we have chefs table booked