Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Will that be an excursion like in St Maarten

The defense of the America's Cup 2017 is in Bermuda. They have been preparing for it for some time with many changes to the Dockyard area. Celebrity Summit has had a 9 night sailing for quite some time to be in port during the final races.

There was some chatter on Bermuda News that perhaps they would use some cruise ships as extra accommodation during that time. I have no idea if they still plan on that or which ships if any that might entail.

If this 4 night is true it is over the final race time frame in June. I had wondered what RCI might do for that race period.

https://www.americascup.com/en/bermuda.html

My question is: When Rhapsody really will offer such cruises, what could she do in summer, until Aug/Sep? Usually the season for Canada/NE starts in September, and I do not have any clue what she could do before that.

Celebrity, HAL, NCL and Princess are reliable in this case and one can be sure that there will be Canada/NE runs including Québec City - why not RCCL as well???

Why not do Canada/NE in the summer. There's much more than fall foliage to see and do there

I did a 7 night to Bermuda on Explorer 9/23/12 and 10/13/13. I would love to see 7 nights to Bermuda again.

But there is not much cruising in 7 nights Bermuda, it is more like a transfer with three nights stay in a Bermuda hotel.

But there is not much cruising in 7 nights Bermuda, it is more like a transfer with three nights stay in a Bermuda hotel.

I do plenty of cruising on my 12 nighters to the Caribbean. The 7 night cruise was a reasonable cost to get to Bermuda for a few days, and if I remember we had 3 sea days. Loved using the ship as my hotel.

Anthem itineraries April through October 21, 2017. Mainly the same as last year.

9N Caribbean alternating with 5N Bermuda May through August

9N Canada & N/E alternating with 5N Bermuda September & October.

Two odd cruises, 4/29/17, 7N Bermuda & Boston and 6/22/17, 4N Bermuda.

The itineraries of Serenade and Grandeur are published as well, same procedure as every year:

-Grandeur to offer 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Canada/NE or Caribbean sailings from Baltimore, and Serenade the usual 7 night runs from Boton in Sep. and Oct. 2017 - so nothing new, as I already supposed before... :rolleyes:

If RCCL is not developing something new for Rhapsody, no Québec itineraries again... :rolleyes:

I do plenty of cruising on my 12 nighters to the Caribbean. The 7 night cruise was a reasonable cost to get to Bermuda for a few days, and if I remember we had 3 sea days. Loved using the ship as my hotel.

If they have a 12N on Anthem in December, then I may swap it out for the 12N on Grandeur. Had a 12N in December for this year, but they cancelled it and redeployed it. So took the next best thing, the 12N on Anthem at the end of November this year.

The itineraries of Serenade and Grandeur are published as well, same procedure as every year:

-Grandeur to offer 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Canada/NE or Caribbean sailings from Baltimore, and Serenade the usual 7 night runs from Boton in Sep. and Oct. 2017 - so nothing new, as I already supposed before... :rolleyes:

If RCCL is not developing something new for Rhapsody, no Québec itineraries again... :rolleyes:

Serenade though April 2018 now showing on Cruisecal

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

CocoCay is going to be quiet isn't it?

Only looks like Empress, Grandeur, Majesty and Enchantment and the biggest being Anthem ever call there... or am I missing something?

Seems about right. The only ship missing would be Freedom out of PC. Obviously Oasis can't call on Coco Cay.