Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Back to the Rhapsody thing. It comes into Miami from the Ta and leaves from Tampa the next night.

Why??? Could the Ta not end in Tampa and they could charge an extra night

Maybe not enough gas?

(kidding)

Edited by clarea

Maybe Rhapsody's now going to PC like originally planned. Now that Empress is back and can be used for Cuba, perhaps Majesty's finally going to Pullmantur. Kind of makes some sense, basically swaping Empress for Majesty so she can join her Sovereign sisters.

That would be interesting.

Wasn't there some chatter that Monarch and Sovereign could come back to RCL

On my last cruise lots of chatter from both passengers and crew about Monarch and Sovereign coming back. But nothing official yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the information on Rhapsody of the Seas, looking to see where she will be in 2017 any new news on that?

My TA was told the inventory maintenance tale as well. What exactly is that, and why does it take so long?

The Empress press release and port bookings though 2019 at Key West indicate a long term deployment at Miami.

Updated 2017 Summer / 2018 Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree. (cruise schedule and press release confirmed)

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Allure, Port Everglades year round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona 12 nights / Tampa

Empress, year-round Miami 5/5/4 night pattern

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, Alaska Seattle home-port / Sydney deployment

Freedom, European deployment, Barcelona / PE East/West sailings

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deploymentSmilies

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton. / PE 6/8 pattern

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port / Australia

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami 5/9 pattern

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, China Beijing deployment / Sydney

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, Alaska Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / PE longer sailings

Vision, returns to Venice home-port / Dubai

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely (through port bookings and statements)

Jewel, European deployment, Eastern and Western ? (showing at Villefranche every other week summer 2017) / San Juan winter

Speculated deployment

All ships accounted for and all subject to change at any time.

Rhapsody could turn out to be a 'wild card' as her ports are hard to track.

So all 3 Oasis class ships will be in Florida? But no Voyager or Freedom class?

Won't Navigator be in Port Everglades in the winter?

No idea, that would be a lot of berths in Port Everglades. Apparently Royal lost the Saturday slot at PC Terminal 1 to NCL. Pretty sure a new big ship will be there next winter. Spirit is here now.

Hate to quote myself, but apparently the May 2017 Rhapsody TA just got listed as Sold Out. Not good

We're booked on that cruise, so I am now awaiting an offer from Royal. One alternative to the Florida hypothesis is that Rhapsody does some Panama Canal cruises (sorely missed, always sell well), then Alaska (optional) and then to Australia. As noted by another poster on this thread, Royal are holding more bookings in the southern summer of 2017/2018 than they need for the existing ship deployments at Sydney OPT. Of course Royal coulld be just gaming the congested Sydney OPT port calender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No idea, that would be a lot of berths in Port Everglades. Apparently Royal lost the Saturday slot at PC Terminal 1 to NCL. Pretty sure a new big ship will be there next winter. Spirit is here now.

Epic is moving to PC in November with Saturday departures.

Anyone hazard a guess if they'll send one of the bigger ships to Europe during the summer of 2017 and/or 2018?! Allure was great last summer, Harmnony this summer!

Also interested to see which ship wil sail from Venice!

Edited by cflower04

Anyone hazard a guess if they'll send one of the bigger ships to Europe during the summer of 2017 and/or 2018?! Allure was great last summer, Harmnony this summer!

Also interested to see which ship wil sail from Venice!

I was thinking that Freedom could be one of the ships going to Europe in the summer.

I have had Rhapsody booked for a TA out of Tampa April 2017 since last summer. For several weeks it has shown "sold out" on RC website, so no telling what is going to happen there. Whatever it is I hope the "week of February 29" releases of Europe and TA for 2017 will reveal what is going on with Rhapsody.

Edited by SPacificbound

I have had Rhapsody booked for a TA out of Tampa April 2017 since last summer. For several weeks it has shown "sold out" on RC website, so no telling what is going to happen there. Whatever it is I hope the "week of February 29" releases of Europe and TA for 2017 will reveal what is going on with Rhapsody.

It only started showing 'sold out' last Monday FWIW. I had cabin on hold last Sunday and booked Monday. And I am also anxious about the releases. If I know nothing by then, I might switch to a TA on a Radiance class ship....

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

It only started showing 'sold out' last Monday FWIW. I had cabin on hold last Sunday and booked Monday. And I am also anxious about the releases. If I know nothing by then, I might switch to a TA on a Radiance class ship....

Cindy

It's been showing 'Sold Out' on the US site for a while now.

It's been showing 'Sold Out' on the US site for a while now.

Booked through the site and for Belgium it started showing sold out last monday. And if it has been longer than that on the US site, it shouldn't have let me book in the first place. I still hope, but not much :-/

Cindy