Cruise Critic Community
spinsbabe

Spain Day Tours??

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Just wondering.....i saw the site for Spain Day Tours and Barcelona Day Tours. Everything on Barcelona region was identical on both sites.  Is BDT part of SDT ?

Yes.

We will be in Barcelona 3.5 days pre-cruise in September.   Which tours with Spain Day Tours would you recommend?  

Thank you for your feedback.  

We used Spain Day Tours for a full day tour of Lisbon, Sintra and Estoril.  Their service, pricing and professionalism was outstanding.  The guide met us at the port and it was a full day of touring.  Our group was small (less than 20), the guide was fluent in English, the bus was modern and comfortable.  There was a great deal of walking on this tour but we were all notified of the amount of walking when we signed up for the tour.  Although your contact with them is through email, their service response time was excellent.  All questions answered in a timely manner.  I highly recommend Spain Day Tours!

This company is fabulous start to finish. We have great tour guides, fabulous communication and most of all, a great time. Will use this company for years to come!

On 6/2/2019 at 11:09 AM, Mrs f. said:

Anybody  do their Montserrat /cava tour out of Barcelona?    Considering that one

before our Oceania cruise. We want to get to a wine region

We have it booked for next week through Spain Day Tours.  My communication with them has been excellent.  They are very prompt. 

On 6/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, Mrs f. said:

Just wondering.....i saw the site for Spain Day Tours and Barcelona Day Tours. Everything on Barcelona region was identical on both sites.  Is BDT part of SDT ?

I believe they are the same.  Also affiliated with Italy Day Tours 

22 minutes ago, TBarneyWC said:

We have it booked for next week through Spain Day Tours.  My communication with them has been excellent.  They are very prompt. 

Can you give me some feedback on  your excursion afterwards? Thanks so much.

Miriam 

We used Spain Day Tours for a Half Day Tour in Valencia and a full day tour, Cadiz to Seville.  I would give them 5 stars plus!  They are the best tour company I have ever dealt with.  Customer service was the best.  Emilia, the person I was in contact with, is a pleasure.  Always getting back to me promptly and always took the time to answer all of my questions.  The tour guides were great and we enjoyed our tours very much.  I would highly recommend Spain Day Tours.

We just finished a 28 day cruise an use SpainDayTours in 3 Spanish ports.  I can't be more please with the service we receive from them.  I would highly recommend them for any excursion.  Their guides we highly professional and very knowledgeable, plus they had a unique compassion for there work.

The tour around Lisbon and especially Pena palace with our guide, Margarita were excellent. A lot of information- maybe too much- was provided. We loved The Palace and Margarita’s explanations as well as her enthusiasm for the history of the palace. I was impressed with her efforts to try to avoid waiting in a long line to enter the palace and about her sharing her love of Lisbon. 

Excellent tour and guide. We made a good choice using Spain Day Tours. Their quick responses and thorough communications with me by email were also appreciated.

Spain Day Tours were great.   We used them for tours in Barcelona, Cartagena and Valencia.    Very knowledgeable English speaking guides on every tour.   Our departure time changed in Barcelona and our guide changed the itinerary for the day to make sure we didn’t miss out on seeing anything that was originally planned.  All the tour guides but particularly Daniel, our tour guide in Cartagena, was able to recommend great places for souvenirs and  lunch.   He also recommended we all try the asiatic coffee which is a local speciality there.

The drivers were fantastic too making sure we got where we needed to go promptly.   

We we paid in cash on the day and the only thing we had to pre pay was our entry into Park Guell in Barcelona.  I would  highly recommend Spain Day Tours to any tourist and would be more than happy to use them again when we are next visiting Spain

We used Spain Day Tours in our recent trip to Spain and Portugal.  I am inserting the letter I wrote to them on our return to the States.  When you read my letter you will see that we loved this company

Dear Rea,

I am so glad I have this opportunity to respond to you about our experiences with Spain Day Tours.  In one word FANTASTIC!  We have never dealt with a more professional travel company in all of our years of travel and we do a great deal of traveling.  Your entire system from the first request for information to our very last drop off was beyond any we have ever experienced.  I love the idea we could actually talk to someone when we were setting up our trip who worked with us to adjust our trips to our particular needs.  Dory could not have been more helpful in providing information, offering suggestions, helping with all the logistics and tailoring the trip to our needs. If we sent her an e-mail with a question or we needed to make adjustments she answered almost immediately and if she needed to check with your other departments she let us know and got us an answer within a day or two.
  Every transfer driver we had was on time, professional, and pleasant to talk with particularly the young man who did our longest transfer from Lisbon to Porto.  We never had to worry if someone would be there for us.
  We did two private all day tours and both our guide in Barcelona and our guide in Lisbon were wonderful. They were knowledgeable, pleasant, made sure the pace of the tour fit our needs as slow walkers and in the case case of Carlos in Lisbon, funny.  We also did two small group tours while we were on our cruise and both of these were also wonderful.
   You have a wonderful company and you should be very proud of your service and particularly the people who work for you.

Thank you again.

We did 3 tours with Spain Day Tours (tour of Malaga to Granada; tour of Cadiz, Jerez and Arcos de la Frontera; also tour of Barcelona and Montserrat) in June 2019 when we were on our 23 days Mediterranean cruise with Koningsdam...I highly recommend those tours from Spain Day Tour as I experienced myself how they operates and very happy with all the guides that they’re provided which are all very friendly, spoke good English and gave lots of information about the places that we visited...the cars that we used for all those tours are all very comfortable and clean...the driver are safe drivers and friendly as well...we didn’t fell ‘rush’ on those tours and we had some ‘free’ times in each of those beautiful places...we booked those tours through their website and we’re happy with the prices as it’s a lot cheaper than if we booked through our ship excursion...we got picked up at the ports and always back safely before our ship left...I will book with Spain Day Tour again the next time we visits Spain...

On 6/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, Mrs f. said:

Can you give me some feedback on  your excursion afterwards? Thanks so much.

Miriam 

Everything ran smoothly with Spain Day Tours.   They answer emails promptly, no matter the time of day.  They have answered all of my questions.... I had many 🙂 I felt extremely comfortable working with them.  It is hard to know what to expect when working with someone unknown in a different country.  I always felt comfortable and trusted SDT.   

We used SDT transfer from the airport to our hotel.  The driver was friendly and waiting for us.  He got us safely to our hotel.  

Our tour was awesome.  Carla (?, I think)  was wonderful.  She seemed very knowledgeable.  Her English was superb. It was a long hot day, but we enjoyed every minute of it.  We were comfortable and learned a lot about Barcelona and Monserrat. The driver was excellent and we always felt safe.  We went to Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, Montjuic and Monserrat. 

If we ever get back to Spain, I will be sure to contact SDT again.  They have excellent service.