Koningsdam Cabins

tim22361

I apologize for posting a similar thread on another ship, but I believe my wife and I will be going on the Koningsdam.

Any advice on the best cabin for what we want, which is a large deck with great views? Our budget will allow for a balcony, not a suite.

Thanks!

I apologize for posting a similar thread on another ship, but I believe my wife and I will be going on the Koningsdam.

Any advice on the best cabin for what we want, which is a large deck with great views? Our budget will allow for a balcony, not a suite.

Thanks!

Forry, but it's hard to give advice on a ship no one has been on yet ;)

You can only go by the deck plans and hope they are representative.

We booked, 6115, a V category verandah (balcony) stateroom per our HAL PCC's recommendation.

The room is 182 sq. ft. with a large balcony 128 sq. ft. This room is on the starboard side (which we prefer) but there is a matching one the port side, 6100.

You might like to check out cabin VB4154 and VB4156. Looks like they might have a much larger verandah. Similar to those same cabins on the Vista and Signature ships.

• 6 months later...

I found this travel agent (no advertisement for him) who is on the Koningsdam RIGHT NOW - he is posting a lot of pictures on the ship on Twitter. You do not have to be a "twitter" person to see the pictures and comments. I do not have a twitter account and I was able to view. He even shows my cabin: 5048. He shows the menu from the Sel de Mar.

Here is the link: https://twitter.com/DozersDaddyToo/with_replies

I found 3 videos on youtube.com for the Koningsdam from people who are on the ship right now. The 1st video is HAL's.

I found this travel agent (no advertisement for him) who is on the Koningsdam RIGHT NOW - he is posting a lot of pictures on the ship on Twitter. You do not have to be a "twitter" person to see the pictures and comments. I do not have a twitter account and I was able to view. He even shows my cabin: 5048. He shows the menu from the Sel de Mar.

I found 3 videos on youtube.com for the Koningsdam from people who are on the ship right now. The 1st video is HAL's.

Hope your cabin is great!!!!! Looks inside very small. Yes your balcony is wonderful!!!

Denise:)

I saw his pics on Twitter(thank you IntheWaSide!)...that balcony is huge on 5048. We've also had an aft veranda...loved it!

Per HAL guest services our cabin (5048 and 5051) is 201 square feet and our balcony is 201 square feet. HAL sent me 6 pictures of cabin 5051 (exactly the same). It is a different layout from other verandahs but I think there will be more floor space. Also our cabin has a large double window which you can see in the picture on twitter - then there is the wall with the TV on it AND then you have the standard double balcony doors (which you cannot see in the picture). The HAL photos shows that the balcony doosr and the loveseat are in a nook area. The only thing smaller is the loveseat.

Edited by sunonfire

• 2 weeks later...
You might like to check out cabin VB4154 and VB4156. Looks like they might have a much larger verandah. Similar to those same cabins on the Vista and Signature ships.

Thanks for pointing this out. I booked one of these for our family for summer 2017. There are 4 of us - a little worried the room will be too small. Hoping the balcony size will make up for the small room.

• 1 year later...
Per HAL guest services our cabin (5048 and 5051) is 201 square feet and our balcony is 201 square feet. HAL sent me 6 pictures of cabin 5051 (exactly the same). It is a different layout from other verandahs but I think there will be more floor space. Also our cabin has a large double window which you can see in the picture on twitter - then there is the wall with the TV on it AND then you have the standard double balcony doors (which you cannot see in the picture). The HAL photos shows that the balcony doosr and the loveseat are in a nook area. The only thing smaller is the loveseat.

Hi Sononfire,

I am looking at booking this cabin and would love to know if you have any addl pics, for some reason I am not able to view the twitter pics, but thanks in advance for any information. Did you enjoy this cabin for your trip?

Hi Sononfire,

I am looking at booking this cabin and would love to know if you have any addl pics, for some reason I am not able to view the twitter pics, but thanks in advance for any information. Did you enjoy this cabin for your trip?

Since this thread is more than 1 1/2 years old, you may have better luck by starting a new thread with Sononfire's name in the title. Hope you get the info you're requesting. :)

Since this thread is more than 1 1/2 years old, you may have better luck by starting a new thread with Sononfire's name in the title. Hope you get the info you're requesting. :)
Since sunonfire hasn't posted on this forum in 7 months they might have better luck trying to contact them on the Carnival forum where sunonfire posted 3 days ago: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53690389#post53690389 Edited by catl331