extension lead-are they now a banned item?

lenbest

Perhaps a language problem, but what's and extension lead.

The OP's question was in English ( clue was when he mentioned the use of UK plugs [emoji12])

If it helps non-english speaking people an extension lead can be found here :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001AGNXSE/ref=mp_s_a_1_6/275-0088322-2849424?qid=1442298520&sr=1-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Edited by LA_Design

The OP's question was in English ( clue was when he mentioned the use of UK plugs [emoji12])

The info at the top also says they are from England.

I bought one of the usb charging hubs from Amazon a few weeks ago. About £16.99 and it charges up to 8 usb devices. Only problem with it is that 4 of the connections only charge at 1a with 2 at 2.1a and the final 2 at 2.4a. The higher ones will do the Ipads and phones and the lower ones the ipods, readers etc. Is lighter and takes less space than a 4 way extension cord (or power bar).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PQC44F4?ref_=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_2

Interesting. In Australia an extension lead is different from a power board.

An extension lead (or extension cord) is a cable with a plug on one and and a socket on the other, allowing something to be plugged in at some distance from the power socket.

A power board, which may have a short extension lead attached, usually contains more than one socket, allowing, allowing multiple devices to be plugged in at once.

If it helps non-english speaking people an extension lead can be found here :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001AGNXSE/ref=mp_s_a_1_6/275-0088322-2849424?qid=1442298520&sr=1-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

I used one on Eclipse in March 2013, without a problem. Not sure whether new controls have been put in place since by Celebrity, so this July I used a 5 point USB adapter.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=5+port+usb+charger&sprefix=5+%2Celectronics%2C185

Edited by upwarduk

Maybe it's just me but I was able to figure out what a extension lead was as soon as I read it and I speak American English not European English. Does this make me bilingual?;)

There is no such thing as "European English". just English (that the people from England speak).

The Scots have a variation of English with various accents, and the Welsh have their own language. The French , Spanish, German & Italian people also have their own languages. The Irish also have a variant of our ancient english language although some might not want to admit it begorrah [emoji12]

There is no such thing as "European English". just English (that the people from England speak).

The Scots have a variation of English with various accents, and the Welsh have their own language. The French , Spanish, German & Italian people also have their own languages. The Irish also have a variant of our ancient english language although some might not want to admit it begorrah [emoji12]

What about Gaelic? Widely spoken in North of Scotland