A Review of our Recent RC Oasis of the Seas Cruise & how it compared to Carnival

Thanks everyone! As many in this thread have pointed out, your fellow cruisers vary tremendously based on departure port, time of year, etc., not just cruise line. Maybe others will sail Oasis with a much friendlier group of folks, but I've had at least twenty responses to my review where people said their experience on Oasis was the same. Loved reading the earlier post about the tall guy rushing to hold the elevator door - that's what the world needs more of!

thanks for the review and the insider tips. I shy away from crowds but will be on the Allure soon, I might end up doing room service, lol.

I am going with my Mom, so I am sure we will find some quiet spots or spend time on the balcony. Hope to enjoy all the good things about this ship. I think all will be good as long as we can get a seat at the blackjack table.

This is just our opinion, but my husband and I compiled a review of our RC Oasis of the Seas cruise two weeks ago on our blog. We usually sail Carnival, so much of this review compares Oasis to our recent experiences on Carnival, particularly the Breeze (which we sailed in 2013 and 2014). Hope it's helpful!

http://ourbarbiedreamhouse.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-of-oasis-of-seas-versus-carnival.html

Oasis = Buick

CCL= Yugo

:D :D

Oasis = Buick

CCL= Yugo

:D :D

Funny, if I think about it, my analogy would be Oasis = Prevost bus conversion and trying to drive it in NYC at rush hour and and Carnival ships a Mustang GT, but you and I have different views on Carnival.....

This is just our opinion, but my husband and I compiled a review of our RC Oasis of the Seas cruise two weeks ago on our blog. We usually sail Carnival, so much of this review compares Oasis to our recent experiences on Carnival, particularly the Breeze (which we sailed in 2013 and 2014). Hope it's helpful!

http://ourbarbiedreamhouse.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-of-oasis-of-seas-versus-carnival.html

I think your review was very well thought out and very well balanced. I really enjoyed the read. Nice job.

One thing I've noticed over the years, and I know this has already been touched upon, is the crew of a ship does seem to be affected by the behavior of the passengers. I noticed this on cruises out of New York, Italy and San Juan, where the behavior of the majority really wears on the morale of the staff. Also, just like on Carnival, I think RCI's service is better on their smaller ships.

The other thing I want to comment on is the loyalty program. The Gold level pretty much sucks, but the upper levels blow away that of Carnival, especially once you reach Diamond and above. They do have a welcome back party on RCI, but unfortunately in your case, it does not include Gold.

Enjoy your future cruises. You do a great job documenting. :)

We sailed on the Oasis in August. After several Carnival cruises and 1 with Princess, this was our first with RC. It was our best cruise ever! Fortunately we not not encounter the rude foreigners you did. We never had any problems with rude employees either. We made some new friends we had a blast with on our cruise. We had a boardwalk balcony, the very last one right by the Aqua Theater. It was fabulous! We could sit on our balcony to watch the Aqua shows and it also gave us an ocean view without paying for it. We booked another Oasis cruise while still onboard and booked the same room. We were on the same floor as Central Park, where we enjoyed spending time. We love good wine and were at Vintages Wine Bar every evening and enjoyed all the restaurants there. The steakhouse was fabulous and we ended up eating there twice. 150 Central Park was excellent, but I doubt we would pay to eat there again. Giovanni's was good, but not really worth the extra money. We also enjoyed the Mexican restaurant. We only ate there once, but only because we ran out of time. We loved the cafe in Central Park (Park Cafe?) and ate lunch there frequently.

Entertainment was the best we have experienced at sea!

We spent our days at the beach pool. It was crowded, but no more than any other ship we've been on.

I agree, it would have been nice to see the ocean a bit more, but we really didn't miss it on such a beautiful ship. Besides, we could see it from our room.

I am looking forward to all our upcoming cruises, one each with Carnival, NCL (it will be our first with them) and the Oasis.