Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

Still wondering what that's white bulby box is.. and the spiral staircase seems to have some of windshield. Just a static observation thing or maybe some attraction where you drop off in some sort of way? :)

2lnnd4.png

Wondering if it could be set aside for retail space.

Thanks for all the new posts. I like the new hull art. It's much more abstract or geometric and similar to the art on ships prior to Breakaway. While recognizing that the art on Joy is distinctively Chinese, I hope this is also a return to the more traditional hull paintings.

and the spiral staircase seems to have some of windshield. Just a static observation thing or maybe some attraction where you drop off in some sort of way? :)

Looks like a drop slide to me. Single tube not visible because it's on the inside.

Thanks for all the new posts. I like the new hull art. It's much more abstract or geometric and similar to the art on ships prior to Breakaway. While recognizing that the art on Joy is distinctively Chinese, I hope this is also a return to the more traditional hull paintings.

With her, as it appears, traditional Asian style railing she surely will get an older ship look and feel, I say; Spirit? :D

9836439bffb24846889ea0e88726c679.png

What were the Escapes changes??

They were mostly colors, sealife, etc. I'll search the old "Everything Escape..." thread.

I found these 2 but there were others floating around.

Norwegian-Escape-mit-optimierter-Rumpfbemalung.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if the final Joy is slightly different than what we are currently seeing.

Looks like a drop slide to me. Single tube not visible because it's on the inside.

I love it. I want Breakaway Plus #3 to have that awesome water slide off the side of the ship like that. Outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I assumed the water slide started from the same tower as the tube slide but the spiral staircase is for that slide! Obviously, getting old I guess hehe! :o

It wouldn't surprise me if the final Joy is slightly different than what we are currently seeing.

A new NCL ship goes through a few stages:

1. A render far from the end product. Remember the Breakaway class announcement render. :)

2. A white hull render closer to the end product but blanked out slides, ropes course, etc.

3. A render with the hull art and some more added. Also video of the render appears.

4. The final product/float out.

This one seems to be at #3, besides venues I can't see any exterior spots which could be future news. Maybe around the forward top deck/Haven area?

13642966_1714836095447297_1168110499_n.jpg

The lifeboat deck not suitable for running heh...

edit; the one with the red sheet of metal is the waterfront, the deck below with the offset (where the inward lifeboat goes) is the lifeboat deck. Mind that there's a piece of scaffolding too.

Edited by FreestyleNovice