Post photos of your casual night attire

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/gorkie4765/media/daw_2659_zpsimut5rbe.jpg.html

Casual night on NCL Pearl - hubby wears a polo and a pair of his dress pants/Khaki's and I had a not fancy sun dress (think kohls/chaps brand?)

edit: tried more times than i can count - photobucket insists on making me look huge.... added link instead

What a nice looking couple!

Thanks for all the responses. You guys have been very helpful. My sister is most stressed out about this bc she feels like she has gained a little weight and has nothing to wear so I will assure her that she will be fine in the stuff she has to wear. I'm open to more responses

Tell your sister most women are thinking the same thing! LOL!

I forgot to mention tights in my last post so I would like to mention that on our upcoming Christmas cruise to the Mexican Riviera, I will be wearing some heavy cotton, cable knit leggings (they're grey) with long tunic tops and sweaters, and grey suede booties in the MDR on casual nights.

I'm also taking a couple of sleeveless, lace tops to wear under my short, moto, leather jacket which I'll wear over dark wash jeans and my own Converse All Stars on some of the casual nights...by the way...I'm 68 and plus-sized (1x to be exact).

If you have access to Pinterest...there are all sorts of ideas for outfits. You and your sister can look me up on Pinterest @ MouseyCA and see some of the stuff that I like and wear...and NO!!!...though there are lots of looks with "holey" jeans and I do own several pair...I won't be wearing those on the cruise at any time.

Again, whatever you decide...I hope you all have a safe and great cruise!:D

P.S. The only reason I don't post pictures is because I've never learned how to do that.

Edited by mousey

Thanks for all the responses. You guys have been very helpful. My sister is most stressed out about this bc she feels like she has gained a little weight and has nothing to wear so I will assure her that she will be fine in the stuff she has to wear. I'm open to more responses

Tell your sister most women are thinking the same thing! LOL!

I forgot to mention tights in my last post so I would like to mention that on our upcoming Christmas cruise to the Mexican Riviera, I will be wearing some heavy cotton, cable knit leggings (they're grey) with long tunic tops and sweaters.

I'm also taking a couple of sleeveless, lace tops to wear under my short, moto, leather jacket which I'll wear over dark wash jeans and my own Converse All Stars on casual nights...by the way...I'm 68 and plus-sized (1x to be exact).

If you have access to Pinterest...there are all sorts of ideas for outfits. You and your sister can look me up on Pinterest @ MouseyCA and see some of the stuff that I like and wear...and NO!!!...though there are lots of looks with "holey" jeans and I do own several pair...I won't be wearing those on the cruise at any time.

Again, whatever you decide...I hope you all have a safe and great cruise!:D

Sorry for the double post everyone!!! I'm so bad at this!!! LOL! You'd think I'd have figured this all out by now...but no. Something happened when I was making changes!!! Again, sorry!:o

Edited by mousey

I would be way too warm wearing heavy cotton & cable knit. I look at the 10 day forecast or average weather for the location & month. Great examples on Google plus size resort wear images. Don't rule out Goodwill should you want a couple of new items for the cruise especially if you don't plan to be a frequent cruiser. One year I got a formal dress with jacket with tags still on it for $6.

Most anything will suffice for casual wear in the Caribbean.

But in the dining hall, I would avoid:

* ripped clothes or holes

* stained clothes

* wrinkled clothes

* clothes with vulgar language/logos

* clothing so tight that private body parts or individual fat bulges are outlined.

* workout clothes or anything that looks like you may have been sweating in it already.

Also, as a courtesy to all passengers, I think people's clothing should cover their behind when seated. The chairs are usually fabric, so not easy to wipe/disinfect between users. It's kinda gross to think about sitting where other peoples' hairy butt-skin was. LOL, jus' sayin'.

I'd like to know more about this- which cruises are the more fancy ones? I'm not a regular cruiser but if I had to guess I might say carnival is more relaxed and maybe RC is a little more dressy? Am I way off? Where does ncl and all the others stand?

Holland America and Cunard are more formal than the other mass market cruise lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Personally I don't bring jeans on a cruise and I do agree that you see them more on some cruise lines than others. Typically on a casual night I wear a sundress in warm climates and skirts and tops in cooler climates and my husband wears a polo style shirt, sportcoat and casual pants on both warm and cooler trips.

Holland America and Cunard are more formal than the other mass market cruise lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree at least as far as HAL goes as we haven't tried Cunard.. Although almost all lines edge down a bit for Alaska. We recently did a Hawaiian cruise on Norwegian's Pride of America and unlike our very first cruise to Canada with them few of the casual outfits I saw would have passed muster on our first Celebrity cruise. These days I often wear white jeans from Chico's or dark lighter weight denim trousers on Caribbean cruises. Add on sandals or deck shoes and a nice top that covers what it needs to but not too tightly and most lines won't bat an eye at you. We up the dress code for Europe and will for an upcoming cruse Down Under because we often have meals ashore where people tend to dress a bit better than here in the States. Nothing fancy or even formal but just above what we would wear for casual nights in the MDR. I mean you do not want to dress up so much you feel like you should be wearing heels when you have to hike over cobblestones. And even with HAL a formal night can be a nice pair of slightly flowy black pants and a sequined top (they are not very expensive at all). As was mentioned above second hand stores often have never or barely worn resort wear.

I'd have to agree at least as far as HAL goes as we haven't tried Cunard.. Although almost all lines edge down a bit for Alaska. We recently did a Hawaiian cruise on Norwegian's Pride of America and unlike our very first cruise to Canada with them few of the casual outfits I saw would have passed muster on our first Celebrity cruise. These days I often wear white jeans from Chico's or dark lighter weight denim trousers on Caribbean cruises. Add on sandals or deck shoes and a nice top that covers what it needs to but not too tightly and most lines won't bat an eye at you. We up the dress code for Europe and will for an upcoming cruse Down Under because we often have meals ashore where people tend to dress a bit better than here in the States. Nothing fancy or even formal but just above what we would wear for casual nights in the MDR. I mean you do not want to dress up so much you feel like you should be wearing heels when you have to hike over cobblestones. And even with HAL a formal night can be a nice pair of slightly flowy black pants and a sequined top (they are not very expensive at all). As was mentioned above second hand stores often have never or barely worn resort wear.

Thanks for all the replies. We have the funds to buy new clothes if we wanted but i just don't want to go buy a bunch of clothes to please people ill never see again. I feel great in my dark jeans and a blouse. I also have dresses to wear on the nicer nights. Resort wear would feel goofy- like I'm dressing up like someone I'm not. And my flowy black pants feel like I'm heading to work. Does that make sense ?

Thanks for all the replies. We have the funds to buy new clothes if we wanted but i just don't want to go buy a bunch of clothes to please people ill never see again. I feel great in my dark jeans and a blouse. I also have dresses to wear on the nicer nights. Resort wear would feel goofy- like I'm dressing up like someone I'm not. And my flowy black pants feel like I'm heading to work. Does that make sense ?

Yes, it makes complete sense and you will be fine in what you plan to wear!

Have a great time.

I wear my slacks to work every day and nothing about them says pretty, sexy, relaxing or vacation.

Same here! All of my slacks are work-tainted. No way would I wear them on a cruise.

Jeans are fine if the weather is cool enough. A dark wash jean with a cute top and sandals looks dressier than capris.

these are 2 outfits I'm thinking of bringing for casual dining nights

I suspect both outfits would pass muster just fine for casual night. I did like the flowy look of the white top better.

With the white striping on the shoulder, the black top has a sportier ("workout") look to it. I perceive that as pretty darn casual... i.e. more like "deck" wear rather than "dining room" wear.

Either way, black n' white are a pretty classic look. And you can miraculously enhance an outfit simply by adding jewelry.

I suspect both outfits would pass muster just fine for casual night. I did like the flowy look of the white top better.

With the white striping on the shoulder, the black top has a sportier ("workout") look to it. I perceive that as pretty darn casual... i.e. more like "deck" wear rather than "dining room" wear.

Either way, black n' white are a pretty classic look. And you can miraculously enhance an outfit simply by adding jewelry.

I am on the fence about the black top I bought it at Forever 21 on clearance for 7 bucks, but I still have my eye out for something else. But I think with jewelry it will pass muster if I don't find anything else.

Let's see it !

Its the top in the original post. Just not sure it is the right top for those pants but it will work if I don't find something else in the mean time. I have until the end of November to poke around and find something different.