Rum

Actually, there are plenty of bars on the ship that sell alcohol.

Yes, fair point, but RCI bar prices are comparatively expensive when looking at European cruise companies like P&O.

Having a pre-dinner drink in the cabin without being charged an extortionate amount for a bottle on board is not going to make much of a dint in RCI profits ?

Is it possible to put the small bottles of rum in your checked luggage?

Also a 12 pack of diet coke is better in carry on?

only if you want to have your luggage possibly confiscated and you having to go down to the naughty room to collect it. the rum may or may not get to come back to the cabin with you

You have already been told about the rum.

The diet coke is more likely to be permitted in cans, since they can't be tampered with as bottles can.

Yes, fair point, but RCI bar prices are comparatively expensive when looking at European cruise companies like P&O.

Having a pre-dinner drink in the cabin without being charged an extortionate amount for a bottle on board is not going to make much of a dint in RCI profits ?

then sail on a line that either allows you to bring liquor on board or allows you to purchase a bottle for in cabin consumption beforehand.

Royal's policy is very clear: wine only.

and FTR bar prices on board are quite in line with bar prices at most major US ctiy bars and restaurants.

It might if everyone did this though.... ;)

My husband always has those little bottles of alcohol in his backpack for drinking on the airplane, and they have never been taken away at the port security. He'll have 5-8 at any given time. He has them in a quart ziplock baggie to comply with the TSA rules. I doubt he has ever drank more than 1 or 2 on a cruise, they are mainly for the airflight.

I believe it is definitely possible to be able to fit two small bottles of rum in your checked luggage! Posts like this are unbelievable. Follow the rules and stop trying to sneak alcohol onto the ship!!!

wow, didn't realize we had alcohol police on here. I have not tried to sneak any on board myself but have heard that they will confiscate it and not return it. Check on amazon, they have several items you can buy to sneak your booze on. I think the bar prices are very high compared to what we pay in our area of the country.

wow, didn't realize we had alcohol police on here. I have not tried to sneak any on board myself but have heard that they will confiscate it and not return it. Check on amazon, they have several items you can buy to sneak your booze on. I think the bar prices are very high compared to what we pay in our area of the country.

You sound like a real winner. Giving tips to people on how to get away with breaking the rules!!!

Wow, sorry for some of the rude responses.

Hubby is taking two bottles of wine for our room.

Will probably take some diet coke for our stateroom.

Quite frankly, $15 for a drink is a ridiculous price. Spent 6.99 for a strawberry daqauri while in PEI last week. So I don't really think $15 is a great price,

I guess the prices of cruises are less so they can make drink prices sky high.

Thank you for responses from the nice posters.

Just an FYI For all you experts on going to the naughty room for sneaking on alcohol I have always brought on alcohol before they started the alcohol package and never been called to the naughty room. I now buy the package and don't have to run back to my room for a drink what a hassle that was. I don't know how hard it is now to get alcohol on board but I used to bring 2 18 packs of beer and a bottle of vodka and never not once got called to the naughty room.all I had to do was give my room attendant $10 and my beers would be iced down when I got back to the room. While I'm not condoning it we had to do what we had to do at the time. Now we buy the package and it's so much easier and stress free.

Wow, sorry for some of the rude responses.

Hubby is taking two bottles of wine for our room.

Will probably take some diet coke for our stateroom.

Quite frankly, $15 for a drink is a ridiculous price. Spent 6.99 for a strawberry daqauri while in PEI last week. So I don't really think $15 is a great price,

I guess the prices of cruises are less so they can make drink prices sky high.

Thank you for responses from the nice posters.

Did you expect people to encourage you and support you in your quest to smuggle alcohol onto the ship???

So the answer is yes it is possible and you probably will get them through. The people on this thread just try and point in in the direction of the "right"thing to do.