UBP Unlimited or not ?

Blazley

hello. Have you a imited amount of drinks on the ship ( escape, feb. 2016 ) ? For example, with carnival, the drinks are limited to 15 alcoholic drinks a day... What is with the ubp from ncl ?

Thx !!

unlimited!!!

It's unlimited so if you like, you can get up super early (maybe 6am) and get a drink every 10 minutes lol. I am still surprised Carnival places a limit to how many drinks you can have a day.

I could understand placing a limit on hard liquor but not beer. If I am not mistaken carnival limit even includes if you just order a pepsi with a meal. Beer wise though should have a higher limit. Drink 7 or so bud waters during the day then what tiny little buzz you have is gone by the time you eat dinner..then your limited to 8 left for the entire night sucks lol especially younger crowd that stays up later.. thankfully ncl is trully unlimited I know our young ones in early 20s will be getting there moneys worth.

Edited by jb456

I could understand placing a limit on hard liquor but not beer. If I am not mistaken carnival limit even includes if you just order a pepsi with a meal. Beer wise though should have a higher limit. Drink 7 or so bud waters during the day then what tiny little buzz you have is gone by the time you eat dinner..then your limited to 8 left for the entire night sucks lol especially younger crowd that stays up later.. thankfully ncl is trully unlimited I know our young ones in early 20s will be getting there moneys worth.

I don't really drink but I can definitely imagine it would suck if you only have 8 beers left for the night after dinner as I have seen people at Bliss Lounge drink like 3-4 beers in like an hour or two. Of course, they were also young as well. I still remember couple weeks back, someone asked if UBP is worth it and I said "if you are young and love drinking, you will enjoy UBP" lol.

15 drinks is not a lot on a sea day or a late night, less than one an hour.

Just checked my last 10n cruise number and charge and times(some charge 1-4 a day include a second UBP drink for someone else on their card)

low day was 11($96) 12:30- 1am

high day was 20($198) 10:30- 3am

Edited by insidecabin

NCL's UBP needs to be totally unlimited at the price it is. It's my only real gripe with NCL. At between $54 and $60 per person per day that's about £250 sterling for a week. We sailed Fred. Olsen last year and their pack worked out about £140 for a two week cruise. :confused:

Hello. Have you a imited amount of Drinks on the Ship ( Escape, Feb. 2016 ) ? For example, with Carnival, the Drinks are limited to 15 alcoholic Drinks a Day... What is with the UBP from NCL ?

Thx !!

The 15 limit is very lame especially at the price they charge for the package. And I have never seen Carnival give it for free like NCL. I believe Carnival rely s too heavily on the drink prices to make there cruises affordable. But if you do the math You are spending more on carnival over all. The bill is always huge at the end of the cruise. You save $500 on the trip but they hit you for $1200 for the drinks at the end or $800 if you get the package that is limited.

The drink package isn't actually 'free', it (or a good bit) is factored into the price of the cruise. I do, however, like the 'all-inclusive' feel of it, knowing that what I pay is what I pay, unless we do an upsell restaurant. Also, enjoyed trying different drinks, where I normally would stick with the known while paying for them.

For Carnivals reputation of a party/drunk fest, people condeming their drink limits is somewhat comical. My recent NCL cruise, where UBP was in full force, had more intoxicated people than I have seen on any Carnival cruise. Some were pretty obnoxious after a full day of unlimited drinking!

Edited by aztekpm

I do, however, like the 'all-inclusive' feel of it, knowing that what I pay is what I pay, unless we do an upsell restaurant

Same for me !!

15 is a lot, but i had Sea Days, where i has a few Beers, a few Cocktails, and at the Morning 1am i hit the 15.. But i was not drunk at all.. That suck.. As i'm 25, i know my Limits, and as you told, if you drink a few Beers, and then a few Cocktails, thats it ..

I'm really excited about the UBP and to do my Experience.

The drink package isn't actually 'free', it (or a good bit) is factored into the price of the cruise.

There are cruises out there that are cheaper(inc tax) than the UBP, factor in the tax and the UBP factored bit the cruises are close to free.

Edited by insidecabin

I don't really drink but I can definitely imagine it would suck if you only have 8 beers left for the night after dinner as I have seen people at Bliss Lounge drink like 3-4 beers in like an hour or two. Of course, they were also young as well. I still remember couple weeks back, someone asked if UBP is worth it and I said "if you are young and love drinking, you will enjoy UBP" lol.

"only 8 beers" Wow.

I must be old. I can handle 2. Maybe 3 in a night. Of course, I dont drink beer, as its mostly disgusting. But still.

The only reason I have UBP for the next cruise is the Haven promo. no point for me, otherwise.

Edited by Starflyr3

The real trick is to work out what its worth to you and factor that into your costings.

If you don't drink lot value it at a lower amount.

1 beer 1 cocktail and a glass of wine you are looking at a bill for $25+

The UBP/SDP is really free in the UK/EU so check the prices there as well as US where you get the 18% on retail added to your cruise fare.

That is not true!

Soda and juices are processed just like Carnivals " Bottomless Bubbles" soft drink package and do NOT count against your CHEERS program daily total of 15 per day.

Edited by happy cruzin