Chops Grille on Brilliance of the Seas

Kayalene

Last night we ate in Chops Grille on Brilliance of the Seas. There were four of us and we all ordered filet mignon done medium rare. The steak was done perfectly and all of the sides were delicious. My favorite side dish was the sautéed spinach. We had Anil from India as our waiter. He was very attentive and gave us excellent service. On a scale of 1 to 10 we all agreed it was a 10! It cost $35 per person and was well worth it. I highly recommend eating there.

Kayalene - which itinerary were you on? I'm looking forward to being on BOTS October 4th. Definitely would like to go to Chops one night!

We are currently on a 9 day New England/Canada itinerary. Today we are in Halifax NS.

Last night we ate in Chops Grille on Brilliance of the Seas. There were four of us and we all ordered filet mignon done medium rare. The steak was done perfectly and all of the sides were delicious. My favorite side dish was the sautéed spinach. We had Anil from India as our waiter. He was very attentive and gave us excellent service. On a scale of 1 to 10 we all agreed it was a 10! It cost $35 per person and was well worth it. I highly recommend eating there.
Strange, it's $30/per adult in my cruise planner for December.:confused:

Maybe the cost depends on the cruise. It was definitely $35 last night.
Oh, I believe you. The cruise I'm booked is a shorter 5-night and I'm sure much less expensive than the one you are currently on. Both of those factors may be part the reason for the cost difference.

It's great to read that you liked Chops on Brilliance... you made me book a night there too!:)

Just curious OP is this your first time eating at Chops? I haven't had chops since the menu changed, and just wondering how the old menu stands up to the new menu. I really did enjoy the old menu, but some things on the new one.. well not so new I think it's been changed for about a year now? Anyway, thinking about going when i sail Navigator this Nov. Recently had Bariatric surgery and me and steak don't get along too well now. i'm hoping the other dishes stand up to the steak I had last time in Chops.

Just curious OP is this your first time eating at Chops? I haven't had chops since the menu changed, and just wondering how the old menu stands up to the new menu. I really did enjoy the old menu, but some things on the new one.. well not so new I think it's been changed for about a year now? Anyway, thinking about going when i sail Navigator this Nov. Recently had Bariatric surgery and me and steak don't get along too well now. i'm hoping the other dishes stand up to the steak I had last time in Chops.

This was our 4th Chops experience. We did a couple with old menu and this was our second on the new one. We liked all four times. Since my hubby and I always eat the filet, I can't vouch for the other meats. Last November on Legend, one of our friends was disappointed in the lobster dish she had.

Oh, I believe you. The cruise I'm booked is a shorter 5-night and I'm sure much less expensive than the one you are currently on. Both of those factors may be part the reason for the cost difference.

It's great to read that you liked Chops on Brilliance... you made me book a night there too!:)

If you want really good service, ask for Anil to be your waiter. Of course I'm sure they all offer good service if you don't get him.

If you want really good service, ask for Anil to be your waiter. Of course I'm sure they all offer good service if you don't get him.

I'm going next month. I wasn't planning to go to Chops since I go there so often, but I may have to check out Anil. Thanks for the post

Strange, it's $30/per adult in my cruise planner for December.:confused:

We are just off the TA on BOTS which ended 9/18/15.

We noted the posted prices in the daily Compass as $30 for the first few days of the cruise. On around Day 4 or 5, we noted the price was listed in Compass as $35. We did not eat in Chops, so we do not know what the "real" price was. It caught our attention because we had never experienced a price increase mid-cruise. In retrospect, it appears the Compass incorrectly posted an older price for several days.

Of note, when the published price went to $35, discount coupons (30%) were readily available.

We also noted that the electronic menu display board outside of Giovanni's (which displays menus for all the venues) showed lower prices for some al a carte items at Izumi. Many other prices remained the same, but a few items saw a price increase in the Izumi menu. We brought this to the attention of Izumi manager, who seemed to be well aware of the discrepancies between the "real" price and the electronic display prices and referred to Miami as being in charge of the display board. We were able to use a 30% discount coupon.

Where did you get the 30% off coupon?

Thanks

We were practically tripping over the discount coupons on board. Some restaurant staff roamed distributing them; a stack was available on the host stand of the specialty restaurants, and even without a physical coupon we got the discount at Giovanni's & Izumi (didn't go to Chops) just by asking about the discount. Coupon was allegedly also valid for Chef's Table. So, just inquire on board.

During our long cruise, we often glanced into the dining rooms as we walked by and they never seemed busy. Hence, the discounts. YMMV

We were on Brilliance in July and we loved Chops on this ship. I would recommend the dry-aged steak which is an additional charge but worth it in my opinion. If you are Diamond members you can get discounts for the specialty restaurants from the concierge in the Diamond Lounge (it was Derick when we cruised). We were in a grand suite so we also had breakfast in Chops which was excellent every day.

The last two cruises we were on, Giovanni's Table offered a 20% discount the first night. Then, like others on this thread experienced, there were people offering a 20% off coupon every day. This was on Explorer and Adventure, neither of which had a Chops. I do highly recommend Giovanni's Table!!