Fresh off the Oasis today! Great Ship!

2funcruzin

This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. We usually cruise Carnival. It was an amazing ship. Very large! We had a fantastic time. If you're on the fence about going then just do it! I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has :D

Great to hear. Lady O is pretty amazing. What did you love the most?

I have sailed on Oasis three times in the past four years - In Nov. 2012 & Feb. 2015 with my live-in family of older daughter, son-in-law & grandson, and once with my younger daughter in Feb. 2014. She and I will be sailing Oasis again in Jan. 2016. After that, I'm ready to sail the other Oasis class ships for different entertainment, etc.

We are already booked for Feb. 2017 on Harmony. Depending on how the prices roll for 2018, she & I will probably try Harmony again, or Allure for the first time. I don't do well with the sun and heat, so the Caribbean ports are not a draw for me. It's all about the ship! - (And taking a break from winter in northern Virginia.)

Edited by Grandma Petania

I think the vast majority of food venues. The salad in Central Park cafe was amazing!

What about the roast beef sandwich? We're booked on Oasis for Feb. & March, '16 and can't wait. If you liked the salads in Park Café, the Tutti salad bar in the MDR on sea days is much more elaborate and delicious.

I'm sure it will not be your last cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Love, love these ship class, Oasis and Allure.

Pretty amazing ships and tons of stuff to see and do.

It gets a lot better with Quantum and Anthem.

Pretty spectacular ships, the experience is like no other.

I keep reading that the majority of the passengers on the Oasis and the Allure are non English speaking. I also read that there are a lot of rude people and there is a lot of line cutting. Did you experience any of this?

The ship looks really awesome but I don't think I could handle rude guests and the lack of being able to converse with fellow passengers for 7 days

The ship looks really awesome but I don't think I could handle rude guests and the lack of being able to converse with fellow passengers for 7 days

For us meeting people from around the world is part of the appeal of cruising and we usually find a way to converse even when English is not their first language. Seems most people from around world know some English but I can;t say I know much of their languages although it's great to learn some phrases.

We find that the majority of the rude guests on cruises are the english speaking ones and the foreign guests are much more polite and good mannered.

Edited by welshman71

I keep reading that the majority of the passengers on the Oasis and the Allure are non English speaking. I also read that there are a lot of rude people and there is a lot of line cutting. Did you experience any of this?

I was on the Oasis 9/12 cruise and didn't notice any rude people and all the people I spoke to could speak English.

We have always sailed on small to mid-size ships but the OASIS experience looks like one not to be missed! As senior senior citizens, who knows how much longer we can cruise....right now, we're good to go!..just came back from a 15-days Baltic cruise in June. Have you or anyone else, have any input on this dilemma? Thanks....................

We have always sailed on small to mid-size ships but the OASIS experience looks like one not to be missed! As senior senior citizens, who knows how much longer we can cruise....right now, we're good to go!..just came back from a 15-days Baltic cruise in June. Have you or anyone else, have any input on this dilemma? Thanks....................

Not sure what you mean by dilemmas.. I traveled with my mother who is 90 years old and she had a great time. While it may seem that there is a lot of walking, if you take the neighborhood decks (especially central park) to get across the ship then you don't even notice. This is her 5th time on Oasis class and she enjoys the activities and shows.

We found the guests to be respectful of her age. Great for kids and senior seniors!

Thanks for sharing. I'm still hesitant about cruising on such a big ship. In Cozumel in March we were on Navigator OTS and Allure was docked next to us. Oh, my, what an amazing ship! We could see the 2-story suite from the promenade deck.

What about the roast beef sandwich? We're booked on Oasis for Feb. & March, '16 and can't wait. If you liked the salads in Park Café, the Tutti salad bar in the MDR on sea days is much more elaborate and delicious.

Sorry I didn't try the roast beef sandwich. I did try the Cuban and it was good. The salads in Park Cafe were amazing!

There were all backgrounds of people which I like. The ship was never packed at all which was crazy cause you would think it would be. There were some rude folks but there were twice as many nice ones!

My husband and I were on the September 19th sailing. We really didn't encounter any rude people. The only thing we noticed was sometimes people try to get on the elevator before the people who are getting off. We loved the ship! It didn't seem that crowded to us or hard to get an elevator although we did take the stairs quite a bit. It is beautiful and immaculate.