Inaugural commemorative book for escape

Golfin55

NCL gave us on the Breakaway Trans-Atlantic a commemorative rubber bracelet and also a recycled tote bag saying Breakaway Trans-Atlantic. It was truly memorable items! :p Now if I could just remember where I put them. ;)

So much has changed since the Breakaway was delivered, at least those people on the Escape won't have to row to Miami. I guess that's they're gift? :D :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if NCL usually gives out those inaugural season books on the first few cruises? This would be our first cruise on a ship so new.

We were on the first cruise on the Getaway after she was christened in Miami (i.e. after the transatlantic, Bud Lite Superbowl Hotel, and repositioning from New York to Miami). We got nothing.

Zakarian was on board. Lebo was on board. There were a lot of local officials onboard at each port (since it was the Getaway's maiden port call), but there was nothing for the passengers.

NCL made and distributed a book onboard Getaway, but I think supplies were limited. I've got a copy and it's similar to the one made for Breakaway.

Those GETAWAY inaugural books were still in each cabin as of my cruise in January earlier this year. Interestingly enough, towards the end of the cruise they were being removed from each cabin. Why? Because Kevin Sheehan wrote the forward in the book and he was on his way out. Needless to say a few of the books went home with me!

15761819314_dee41c3e06_c.jpg

Edited by eroller

Those GETAWAY inaugural books were still in each cabin as of my cruise in January earlier this year. Interestingly enough, towards the end of the cruise they were being removed from each cabin. Why? Because Kevin Sheehan wrote the forward in the book and he was on his way out. Needless to say a few of the books went home with me!

15761819314_dee41c3e06_c.jpg

I believe those were cabin copies, not presented as gifts. Still, kudos for saving a few! I'm sure they were destined for a dumpster in Miami.

• 1 month later...
Meh, 37 USD and shipping..

Nothing really new inside, but I love looking at the full page advertisements from a few of the companies that took part in building Escape. Time permitting, I might upload a photo or two of my favorites so you don't have to spend $57+ for a copy :p

Here are some of the ads from the inaugural book that I particularly like:

ABB (azipods):

ABB_zpsflhyigcz.jpg

GMT (scrubbers):

GMT_zpsttuphufj.jpg

WMF (coffee machines) and Bolidt (synthetic decking material):

WMFBolidt_zpste48ik37.jpg

Solé (televisions):

Sole_zpsyeaardtx.jpg

PPI (publisher of the inaugural books for Escape, Getaway, Breakaway, and Epic):

PPI_zpsiydqgwnk.jpg

Thanks BB! Appreciate your effort!

Bolidt is Dutch, also did BA and GA right? Not sure how soundproof their product is regarding some below-pool deck reviews? ;)

No problem ;)

Yes, Breakaway and Getaway also received Bolidt decking, which includes Bolideck 525, Select Soft, and Future Teak. Regardless of the material, there will be soundproofing issues without sufficient insulation. Bolidt really is the best thing on the market these days for relatively low initial costs and easy maintenance. Chlorine wreaks havoc on teak wood, so it's not really considered ideal for cruise ships anymore. Many ships that have existing teak pool decks are having them replaced with Bolidt in dry-dock.