Web Site Issues...AGAIN

Kartgv

Just got off the phone with Celebrity - they do realize its a system wide problem - that's a good step admitting you have a problem.

I could access and Manage My Reservation a week or so ago but haven't been able to since then. I've tried IE, Firefox, Chrome - even done incognito windows and cleared all caches. But still get the "unable to access the reservation" or the "can't access because being modified"

The nice lady on the phone said she was sending the issue over to their IT dept...hope they would be able to get it fixed.

This is an area where Princess beats out X hands down.

Just got off the phone with Celebrity - they do realize its a system wide problem - that's a good step admitting you have a problem.

The nice lady on the phone said she was sending the issue over to their IT dept...hope they would be able to get it fixed.

That nice lady told me the same thing last Friday. Even asked what was the best way for IT to get ahold of me...email or phone. I haven't heard diddly squat by either method yet. This is the absolute peak of IT BS.

I agree, the whole issue is mow beyond a joke....total incompetence. Ive been trying to print express passes & luggage tags for days now, keep getting stupid messages about returning in 20 mins, website being improved...all purporting to be for my convenience!!! No, no, no...:mad::mad::mad:this is not convenient...except perhaps for Celebrity. I never understand why online printing of luggage tags etc is accepted by customers anyway. We use our time, our paper & our ink, they save lots of money...who is that convenient for?? When we cruised with Silversea we had a dinky upmarket folder with all our documents, including very nice luggage labels, sent to us. We still use the folder...now to hold our pathetic print outs from Celebrity.

By the way....Its true, 6* all-inc cruiselines work out around the same price as the 4* ones...Ive just worked out the potential cost of a 17 night T/Acrossing bar bill with Celebrity!:eek: No brainer next booking!!

Being able to print our own tags is a nice back-up but I just pushed the "send me tags" button and got mine in the mail in about two days. No need to use my printer or paper...

Being able to print our own tags is a nice back-up but I just pushed the "send me tags" button and got mine in the mail in about two days. No need to use my printer or paper...

I agree that Celebrity's mailed-out tags are great, but they aren't available (to my knowledge) outside of North America; and if you can't access your reservation online in order to complete your online check-in and request the tags, the point is rather moot.

We're fortunate in that our next Celebrity cruise isn't until April 2016, so that gives them a bit of time to sort this mess out! I feel for anyone who has a cruise in the next couple of months who may not be able to successfully manage their bookings and do the things that we should be able to do, online, in this modern and digital age!!

Celebrity needs to get their s**t together with their website issues!!:mad::mad:

Is there any rhyme or reason to the people locked out? Are you all on a specific sailing? TA/no TA? I'm inclined to think it's not browser related, sounds like your reservations are borked in the database. I've been able to get to mine (daily, from anticipation) and printed docs and requested tags yesterday. Dec sailing booked through bulk store. I can't modify some things because TA, but online checkin is fine. Be sure you're trying the BLUE BUTTON that says online check in. Some other links don't seem to work.

I agree that Celebrity's mailed-out tags are great, but they aren't available (to my knowledge) outside of North America; and if you can't access your reservation online in order to complete your online check-in and request the tags, the point is rather moot.

Celebrity needs to get their s**t together with their website issues!!:mad::mad:

I don't disagree that Celebrity really needs to get their website issues fixed, but you don't have to print the express pass or luggage tags in advance of the cruise. You can do everything you need to do once you arrive at the port. People sometimes get too stressed out over what is really a non-issue (frustrating for sure, but you'll still get on the boat without that stuff).

I don't disagree that Celebrity really needs to get their website issues fixed, but you don't have to print the express pass or luggage tags in advance of the cruise. You can do everything you need to do once you arrive at the port. People sometimes get too stressed out over what is really a non-issue (frustrating for sure, but you'll still get on the boat without that stuff).

Totally not stressed...I have gotten my tags at the port numerous times...I think it is ceremony to apply the tags in the morning of the cruise. I did think that checking in on line saved some time at the desk though, so I like to do that. My 1st half of my B2B has never shown up on the reservation page until I add it and it will disappear before I am even done with my session...I certainly have been charged for both cruises, have reservation numbers for both cruises...will just have to hope for the best (not too worried).

I would agree that "stressing out" over luggage tags and express passes is unwarranted, but the inability to take advantage of a heavily promoted feature of Celebrity's online presence is just a symptom of the overall poor performance of their website.

I (and obviously many others) am unable to access my booking to confirm that reservations with friends have been linked, or to book specialty dining, or to line up excursions through the website -- I've had to waste 20 - 30 minutes at a time on hold waiting in the phone queue.

Once on board I have always enjoyed my Celebrity experiences, but boy do they make it hard to get there!!:eek::eek:

This also happened to me this morning.

Hard to imagine in today's climate, that a huge company can have such a poor IT department and poor software.

Is Celebrity pinching pennies via the IT/Software in order to fatten the bottom line?

I just tried that and got "The requested reservation is currently being modified. Try again in 20 minutes." Care to place bets on whether I'll get on in 20 minutes?

Here's what I have been running into. I am able to "Sign In" and see the basic booking info for my reservation for our sailing in February. If I click on the blue "manage reservation" box, I IMMEDIATELY get unable to retrieve.....message. If I try to logout and log back in, once I log in, it shows the booking info again, but with the RED BOX telling me to try back in 20 minutes. If I wait a reasonable amount and try to sign in again, I see my booking and am able to either checkout the excursions or go to online check in, BUT, if I click on one, and try to hit BACK to then access the other, it gives me the DREADED RED BOX message. Its kinda like going down a dead end road..... I am booked through a TA on a large group booking and have not reached final payment date, which may impact part of the problem? But this is just acting to strange to not be IT related.

I have also gotten the "unable to handle" or "currently being modified" message for well over a week now. VERY frustrating. I am booked on the Silhouette 17 days from now and wanted to request my luggage tags. I know Celebrity checks this board and I cannot fathom why they haven't been able to fix this issue in all of this time. I've tried accessing both through Safari and Firefox to no avail.

I have also gotten the "unable to handle" or "currently being modified" message for well over a week now. VERY frustrating. I am booked on the Silhouette 17 days from now and wanted to request my luggage tags. I know Celebrity checks this board and I cannot fathom why they haven't been able to fix this issue in all of this time. I've tried accessing both through Safari and Firefox to no avail.

To take the side of Celebrity on this issue for a change, note that only some people have the problems you are having. I have been on and off 8-10 times a week for the last several weeks, mostly working on details of my upcoming cruise but also working on future reservations. I have had no problems getting on via Safari on my iMac and on my iPad. If nobody could get access, that would be easier to diagnose and fix than this situation where some people can get access and others in apparently identical situations cannot get access.

Stan

To take the side of Celebrity on this issue for a change, note that only some people have the problems you are having. I have been on and off 8-10 times a week for the last several weeks, mostly working on details of my upcoming cruise but also working on future reservations. I have had no problems getting on via Safari on my iMac and on my iPad. If nobody could get access, that would be easier to diagnose and fix than this situation where some people can get access and others in apparently identical situations cannot get access.

Stan

I just tried again and it worked. I also use Safari but it wasn't working for days. I feel better that my express pass has now been printed.:D:D

Edited by lightning bolt

Still can't get in...but just had a callback from X and they said they are trying to figure out what is going on since its multiple folks across multiple platforms.

So they are still pluggin away at it.

I must say I was impressed I got another callback with an update.:)

I've had the same problem. TA did a conference call with Celebrity, because both of them can access the reservation. Tried all kinds of different ways to get into it, but I still get the same messages.

Very aggravating as we have a guarantee cabin and are anxious to see what is assigned.

I was having the same problem and called Celebrity Captain's Club today. The Rep was really helpful. She said the problem seems to be when you try to access your cruise from My Celebrity. She said to enter via the Already Booked tab on the main page. From there you go to Cruise Planner and there will be a link at the top of the page To Online Check In. It worked for me.

It didn't work for me doing it the back door way.

I was having the same problem and called Celebrity Captain's Club today. The Rep was really helpful. She said the problem seems to be when you try to access your cruise from My Celebrity. She said to enter via the Already Booked tab on the main page. From there you go to Cruise Planner and there will be a link at the top of the page To Online Check In. It worked for me.

Earlier today, Celebrity posted a response to a guest concerning the timing of a GTY cabin assignment on Cruise Critic:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celebrity Cruises View Post

A GTY stateroom can be assigned up to the day of sailing.

I posted the following response:

How come Celebrity has the time to respond to concerns about GTY cabin assignments, but doesn't have the time to respond to the ongoing website issues?

Hmmmmmm........priorities??