Laundry on Celebrity's S class

St Pete Cruiser

There is no self service laundry on 'S' class ships, but you can send it out. We are Elite, so have a free bag p.p ( up to 30 items) it's a long time since we paid, but from what I remember from the list, it's expensive. If I were you, I would wash my smalls through at night. I take a contraption that has pegs, which I hang on the back of a balcony chair. However, if you can put your clothes on a hanger in the shower area and turn the fan on, they will dry more quickly. We had to do this when we got wet on our recent Baltic cruise.

It's a while since we had a 'normal balcony' on S class, our last few have been 1A which are bigger. Our last on a 'M' class was a FV corner, so as you can see, I can't really comment about a normal balcony.

Edited by upwarduk

On S class, all of the cabins are identical from insides up until suites. Wheread on M class, you have to go to concierge class to get a larger cabin. The standard friendly cabins are 194 ft.², and in my opinion are the best value on the ship. We just had a partially obstructed 2C and honestly did not even notice the obstruction. Bottom line, they're all great!

We are presently on the Equinox nearing the end of the second leg of a B2B2B. On both the first and second legs a "stuff a bag" offer was priced at $45.00 for a full (paper) bag of laundry. We were on the Infinity last spring on a B2B2B series, and the "stuff a bag" laundry offer was also priced at $45.00 per paper bag.

In the past two years, I have sailed twice on Equinox...both ten nights. On the first, we were offered the "fill a bag" promo ($35 for the entire bag if I remember correctly), but no offer on the second trip. I carry a plastic hanger from Container Store...it folds flat, but becomes round with about 8 pegs for my delicates (perhaps similar to what upwarduk uses). I hang it on the low shelf in the closet. Not a perfect solution, but it beats paying the price for the laundry service.

The beauty of laundry services being pricey is it does help you to pack wisely....for the gents those 'soft fabric' short sleeved shirts are ideal. Take a couple and wash and drip, no worries. For us ladies, I have a black jersey fabric skirt which matches with several tops. Will rinse and drip dry overnight. Can be dressed up for the evening or fine during the day. Great evening dresses can be found in the same fabric.

We do get the elite 'bag' which is great for the undies but honestly we can manage with a couple of hand wash freshen ups. I nearly always try the 'wash and drip' on my husbands shirts prior to cruise. If it needs ironing it does not go on the cruise!

Do not fret too much about the washing, plan your clothing, rinse a few items through and you will be fine!