Splendor to China

Island Hopping

Many potential questions come up on this. From the most simplistic viewpoint, the addition of Vista and Vista class 2 (yet to be named) will replace these two ships in the CCL stable. That being said, I would wager that not to be true. Who knows what will happen.......

Crewsweeper - Bwahahahaha! That's so funny!

Yes, I guess we have no choice but to wait and see. You guys don't think they would just keep the Inspiration and Imagination only and do the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii cruise with those do you? Could those ships even do the long Hawaii itinerary?

Yes, I guess we have no choice but to wait and see. You guys don't think they would just keep the Inspiration and Imagination only and do the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii cruise with those do you? Could those ships even do the long Hawaii itinerary?

While they might be able to do it, I would be shocked if they did. Three are many options, the easiest (who says that is a criteria:confused:) would be to have the Legend come back seasonal from down under and do it (and I assume Alaska as well).

They could bring the Legend in but it's already doing the Alaska and Hawaii itinerary from Vancouver. They need to have a bigger ship in SoCal. Maybe with the Vista coming into the fleet and sailing on the east coast they will then bring the Pride back to SoCal?

I really don't think they will abandon Baltimore (issue with the bridges). It is a very lucrative port and the Pride has done very well from there. It is very interesting that 3 out of the 4 Spirit class of ships are in these two markets. I doubt very much you will ever see Carnival go back and build that class of ship again.

They could bring the Legend in but it's already doing the Alaska and Hawaii itinerary from Vancouver. They need to have a bigger ship in SoCal. Maybe with the Vista coming into the fleet and sailing on the east coast they will then bring the Pride back to SoCal?

My guess would be a Conquest class of ship (or the Dream or Magic) after the canal is widened.

If those are the only ships Carnival leaves on the west coast we will move to HAL or Princess for our 7-10 west coast cruises. Our last few short cruises have been on Princess. We just do not like the Inspiration or Imagination.

If those are the only ships Carnival leaves on the west coast we will move to HAL or Princess for our 7-10 west coast cruises. Our last few short cruises have been on Princess. We just do not like the Inspiration or Imagination.

You will get another ship

I really don't think they will abandon Baltimore (issue with the bridges). It is a very lucrative port and the Pride has done very well from there. It is very interesting that 3 out of the 4 Spirit class of ships are in these two markets. I doubt very much you will ever see Carnival go back and build that class of ship again.

Sadly, you are probably right that we will not see Carnival build a Spirit class ship. Tampa could certainly use one 9along with Baltimore which currently has the Pride.) Instead the trend is to larger and larger ship with embarkation problems, no room in the comedy clubs, crowded buffet lines, and a chaotic tendering process.

My Aunt and Uncle just got back from the Breeze and swore "Never Again." it took them over two hours just to get on the ship, and they arrived at the suggested time to board (1:30). They missed the lunch (They do not like burgers or pizza.) because for some reason the buffet closed at 2:30 before a third of the people had even gotten on the ship.

Some of my favorite cruises were on Spirit class ships, and I do not think that I am alone in that opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know the route the Splendor will take to the west coast?

They will not move her there (again) until the canal widening project is complete. Last time it was a 3 leg journey around South America. This time will be through the canal (which would be a great cruise to take).

They will not move her there (again) until the canal widening project is complete. Last time it was a 3 leg journey around South America. This time will be through the canal (which would be a great cruise to take).

That's too bad. I took legs 2 and 3 and loved the cruise around the horn.