Onboard the NEW Infinity

julia

The menu they have on the celebrity site is different. Have they changed the menu to what's on the site or is this the current menu at the Tuscan Grill?

The menu on the Celebrity web site is the old menu that is featured on all of the other ships. Infinity has the new menu and Summit will also after dry dock. At some point the new menu will be rolled out to ALL ships, but hopefully not for a while. Maybe if enough people complain......

I was hoping enough people had complained already! I even sent Celebrity an e-mail. [emoji15] The old menu was so much better. That is one of the reasons my husband and I wanted to go back on Celebrity. We originally went on the Silhouette and fell in love with the restaurant! We went on the Summit and liked The Normandy but we missed not having The Tuscan Grill. We were happy to hear the Infinity was getting The Tuscan Grill and now we find out that the menu has changed!! Argh!

I sent them an email suggesting that they bring back some of the items on the menu that everyone is wishing were still there. I never heard back!

... the new TV screen up on deck 12 took some navigating skills to even find... and, I was pleasantly surprised by the improvements on the deck. The screen itself is nowhere near the size of MUTS on Princess, and it's location is totally unobtrusive to the rest of the ship. Will it impact the cabins below on deck 11? Obviously, that will depend on the sound level, but my initial feeling is that it won't. As mentioned, there was no furniture as of yet, and that may actually be a bigger factor than the TV sound level for those cabins below. Hopefully, Celebrity will be wise enough to not place heavy teak loungers (think Solarium) that may cause lots of noise if passengers or crew drag them around.... :eek:

More to follow..... :)

I would love to see pictures of this area. Have not seen them on the other referenced sites. Anyone know where we can see this?

- Joel

The menu on the Celebrity web site is the old menu that is featured on all of the other ships. Infinity has the new menu and Summit will also after dry dock. At some point the new menu will be rolled out to ALL ships, but hopefully not for a while. Maybe if enough people complain......

Actually, there is a new, NEW menu for Tuscan coming in July. We got to sample the new menu. Wonderful! Best meal we have had at sea. :)

Actually, there is a new, NEW menu for Tuscan coming in July. We got to sample the new menu. Wonderful! Best meal we have had at sea. :)

Which ship were you on?

Did they add back the onion soup, tableside caesar salad prep, spagetti bolognese and lobster risoto?

Is the NEW menu for the Tuscan Grill on the Infinity? Does it bring back some of the previous dishes? For example: ravioli appetizer, onion soup, scallop and shrimp brochettes, lobster Alfredo, etc. We don't want just a steak house either. We can't wait to see!

Is this a new, new Tuscan menu or the new one now posted for Infinity sans onion soup and with upcharges?

Had confusion on EQ 1/2 /16 cruise about Bistro on 5 menu. We expected the new new menu which has no daily specials ..but happily discovered they had the new daily special menus with mac cheese...they knew nothing about the revised menu...??

wish Celebrity could clarify these things on the website ...many items not current.

This was not the Tuscan grill menu on the equinox in December...there was a charcuturie plate appetizer...actually it was probably the antipasto plate for an additional $12. There is no longer an "included with the meal" antipasto plate. I don't know if we had the new menu, the new new menu or some sort of in between menu. The menu on the web site is wrong (unless it is right which would be completely accidental based on my experience)

Edited by ghstudio

We skipped Tuscan on our 1/2 EQ..cruise and didn't stop by to check the menu. Guess we should have. Price is now too high for what is offered on any menu, esp one without onion soup & the great salad. Makes no sense to pay an upcharge on top of an upcharge. Maybe by the time we cruise on Infinity it'll be back to normal.

We were happy in BLU, Silk Harvest. Bistro on 5 for lunch and even the buffet..MDR ok for lunch, but time consuming.

Is the NEW menu for the Tuscan Grill on the Infinity? Does it bring back some of the previous dishes? For example: ravioli appetizer, onion soup, scallop and shrimp brochettes, lobster Alfredo, etc. We don't want just a steak house either. We can't wait to see!

Is this a new, new Tuscan menu or the new one now posted for Infinity sans onion soup and with upcharges?...many items not current.

I am sorry, I must not have been clear. We were fortunate enough to get to sample the new Tuscan Grill menu coming in JULY. It has not been introduced as yet on any Celebrity ship.

The new menu will have an ala carte menu, but will also have a new "family style" menu. The family style menu will be for larger groups. I am not sure what pricing structure they will have.

They served 6 different appetizers. They had a wonderful Caesar Salad. They served 3 different WONDERFUL pastas. Yes, one was lobster alfredo. They served 3 different type meats. Everyone of them was perfect. They served 7 different deserts. PTL, they did not serve any soup. ;)

We have been on Azamara, Oceania, Regent Paul Gauguin, etc. We have never had a meal at sea that compared to it. The only meal that I can compare it to is on the Amalfi Coast. You know the one I mean? Yep, the "family" restaurant up on the side of the mountain. :D

Edited by Texed

Interesting..concept ..sounds like Royal's Giovanni's Table .we enjoyed that when we cruised with dtr and sil.

Wonder what they will do with Connie that already has a Tuscan upstairs and Ocean Liners!..

But seems some ships will be missing an upscale adult restaurant for anniv dinners and such.

Interesting..concept ..sounds like Royal's Giovanni's Table .we enjoyed that when we cruised with dtr and sil..

But, the Tuscan menu was MILES ahead of Giovanni's Table, IMO. :)

• 5 months later...