Onboard the NEW Infinity

julia

Doesn't sit right with me either. The NY strip is the steak I usually order whenever I have steak, even at home, and besides the upcharge (which I think is excessive for that cut) the size is ridiculous...I mean 18oz?? who eats that much? Is it meant for two people to share maybe? Not like I can take my doggie bag and have the rest for lunch the next day :D Guess we'll enjoy Normandie in Feb before the switchover...

We ate in "Tuscan 2.0" this past week. They were asking for feedback from each group of diners and every person at our table said the steak sizes were too large. Even smallest, the 9oz filet, was just too much for anyone to get through.

For what it's worth we enjoyed the new menu tremendously. We found the old menu to be uninspired. The new cocktail choices were lovely too. I'd like another Montenegro right about now.

The Tuscan menu looks great. I am looking forward to the black pepper bacon, if its anything like Chops Grille on RC it will be devine. Probably wouldn't order the steak as there are so many interesting foods to eat. Will be on infinity in 2 weeks:)

Hally

The Tuscan menu looks great. I am looking forward to the black pepper bacon, if its anything like Chops Grille on RC it will be devine. Probably wouldn't order the steak as there are so many interesting foods to eat. Will be on infinity in 2 weeks:)

Hally

The bacon was a very large portion of belly. Two diners in our group had it and it was probably about a 4.5-5oz serving. They said it was delicious.

Has the Tuscan menu changed on all the ships? I'll be on the Silhouette in about a week.

Right now this menu is only available on the Infinity.

Infinity just came out of a 2 week drydock about a week ago.

SS United States was replaced with the new Tuscan.

Early next year (2016) the Summit goes into dry dock and gets the new Tuscan also.

From then on it is anyones guess if Celebrity rolls the menu to the other ships.

We ate in "Tuscan 2.0" this past week. They were asking for feedback from each group of diners and every person at our table said the steak sizes were too large. Even smallest, the 9oz filet, was just too much for anyone to get through.

I had the filet at the new Tuscan twice last week.

I found it about the same size as the old Tuscan.

The problem is the portion size of the pasta.

Some of us ordered full and some half orders.

They were all the same size.

A meal by themselves.

I skipped the pasta the second time so I had room for the filet:)

we enjoyed the old menu.....preferred the orig house salad and dh liked the onion soup...and having an upcharge on top of an upcharge seems wrong!

curious to see the decor,...wondering if there are windows with a nice view? I expect the Elite lite breakfast might be held there....On S class we enjoy the wake view at sunset in Tuscan, and on Connie the "upstairs" location also has nice views...

We won't be on Infinity til next Oct so plenty of time to read reviews

Just wondering.... for the movie screen on the top deck... could someone on board please advise if there will be a lift of some sort for those who cannot manage stairs to get up there? I asked on the FB page but was told no.... so wondering if this is true or not... would love to be able to access this area of the ship....

Just wondering.... for the movie screen on the top deck... could someone on board please advise if there will be a lift of some sort for those who cannot manage stairs to get up there? I asked on the FB page but was told no.... so wondering if this is true or not... would love to be able to access this area of the ship....

That area isn't complete yet, it's said to be December 5 or so.... The pix show that just the TV is jung there, and the decking done. No furniture etc. yet.

If your info came from the Celebrity Facebook page, I'd assume that word to be correct if posted by Celebrity.

Regarding Upcharges on the menu, Normandie and SS United States also had upcharge menu items, the tasting menu and the caviar.

It's not a new concept.

I understand what you're saying about certain items being an upcharge previously and would agree that caviar and tasting menus are justified as an upcharge however the NY striploin used to be an included regular menu item in Tuscan, perhaps a smaller cut but not an upcharge. I'm thinking that even the cost of $15 on top of the venue charge is unreasonable but maybe that's just me...

Cathy

I understand what you're saying about certain items being an upcharge previously and would agree that caviar and tasting menus are justified as an upcharge however the NY striploin used to be an included regular menu item in Tuscan, perhaps a smaller cut but not an upcharge. I'm thinking that even the cost of $15 on top of the venue charge is unreasonable but maybe that's just me...

Cathy

Alternatively, they could have simply left those two large cuts off the menu, and we'd have been none the wiser, most would quite happy with the included Filet option.

It's vacation, time to splurge. But for me, I won't be paying for it because the filet will perfectly satisfy me. Not because I don't want to pay for it.

It's all about options and choices as I see it.

That area isn't complete yet, it's said to be December 5 or so.... The pix show that just the TV is jung there, and the decking done. No furniture etc. yet.

If your info came from the Celebrity Facebook page, I'd assume that word to be correct if posted by Celebrity.

We watched embarkation from Fort Lauderdale yesterday via several webcams. The TV was on but we couldn't zoom in enough to see what was playing. People walked around in the area, seeming oblivious to the TV.

Remember there are many people who have free specialty dining, all suites get 1 for 7 day cruses, 2 for longer cruses. Signature Suites and above have unlimited complimentary dining.

Many people also got discounted packages, or the "unlimited" package for $29/DAY for all restaurants.

SO this is as much a way to get cash from the freeloaders (such as myself LOL) as anything.

Oh, Curt, we pay, and dearly at that...freeloader, not so much.

As far as the up-charge for the steaks, if their true, USDA Prime dry age steaks they would justify the price, big difference between that and what was previously being served.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We watched embarkation from Fort Lauderdale yesterday via several webcams. The TV was on but we couldn't zoom in enough to see what was playing. People walked around in the area, seeming oblivious to the TV.

You're getting pretty anxious! Me too!!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There was not such a thing yet. Couldn't go up myself. No word if one will be installed.

Oh, Curt, we pay, and dearly at that...freeloader, not so much.

As far as the up-charge for the steaks, if their true, USDA Prime dry age steaks they would justify the price, big difference between that and what was previously being served.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm getting hungry! Oh I hope the new movie area is truly ready for December 5th. Race you up the stairs Jenna.

GranthamMommy

I seem to remember there is a lift to deck 14, I'm sure it doesn't finish at 12, but whether it's fore/ aft is another matter. Certainly not mid- ships though.

There are no elevators on the m class ships that go above deck 11 unless they added some type of lift to deck 12 in the recent Infinity dry dock.

Edited by ghstudio