Onboard the NEW Infinity

julia

Is Alex still the captain's circle host? She is great.

If she is still onboard, tell her that a couple of passengers from the Pacific Coastal cruise say hi!

Yes, Alex was on the last Infinity sailing before drydock and told us she would be there until March.

Someone else is posting changes here

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2274474

Also a link to some pictures.

Cabins normally open 1-1.30pm.

Thank you for the link. I appreciate it.

Julia - I think they were posting that link to help me find the changes - not to say that your post wouldn't be helpful as well. I appreciate hearing all about it and I'm sure others do too. ;)

We are also booked to sail on Nov. 20 for the Panama Canal. I do have a few questions that I can't find answers to. What's Thanksgiving going to be like on a cruise? It's our first time to cruise Celebrity and the first time to cruise on a holiday. I would also like help in finding out how far the ports are from the downtown shopping. I'm traveling with an elderly mother. Any help out there out there concerning these questions??

We are also booked to sail on Nov. 20 for the Panama Canal. I do have a few questions that I can't find answers to. What's Thanksgiving going to be like on a cruise? It's our first time to cruise Celebrity and the first time to cruise on a holiday. I would also like help in finding out how far the ports are from the downtown shopping. I'm traveling with an elderly mother. Any help out there out there concerning these questions??

Which Ports are you interested in that you stop at? Panama is not a country to venture out in.

We are on the Equinox for 10 days that include Thanksgiving. Our previous for this holiday was on the smaller Century in 1998. Not anything special since this is an American only holiday, that is of no meaning to the rest of the world.

Oh they will serve a turkey dish at dinner and start decorating for Christmas the day after. That's about it tho.

The perils of sailing after dry dock.... Ocean View bar closed currently, and "sunk" our sailaway gathering. Other bars very crowded, but we managed to meetup anyway!

Hi Julia!

Bummer about the sunset! Hopefully it will open some time during your cruise. Thanks for the updates! Scott and I will be on Infinity in 8 weeks for a South Amercia cruise and are anxious to hear about the changes. Especially the Deck 12 lounge/movie area as we are in a deck 11 aft cabin.

Have a great cruise and keep us updated with your discoveries!

Cheers!

Tammy

Any chance of posting the wine list. We have bought a premium package and would like to know the wines included.

Thanks

Tycho Cat

You may already know this but the wine list, other than the 5 or so they automatically offer with the premium beverage package, is quite fluid....so to speak. We oftentimes would go to the Cellar Masters and ask for something in the $13 dollar price limit. There are limited quantities of some of these wines. The sommelier would find something we liked -- and if a little more than the limit (eg: Edna Valley Chardonnay), would just charge us the overage. In this case, always better than the Celebrity Chardonnay included on the premium package menu. Again...sorry if you already knew about this.

You may already know this but the wine list, other than the 5 or so they automatically offer with the premium beverage package, is quite fluid....so to speak. We oftentimes would go to the Cellar Masters and ask for something in the $13 dollar price limit. There are limited quantities of some of these wines. The sommelier would find something we liked -- and if a little more than the limit (eg: Edna Valley Chardonnay), would just charge us the overage. In this case, always better than the Celebrity Chardonnay included on the premium package menu. Again...sorry if you already knew about this.

Thank you, I did not know, never been on celebrity before. We will head for the Cellar Masters bar.

Thank you, I did not know, never been on celebrity before. We will head for the Cellar Masters bar.

The wine steward at cellar masters was Siraz this past week...Nothing I ordered on the wine menu was in stock but he always had a replacement and was quick to refill the glass. Very nice gentleman

Rick

Any chance of posting the wine list. We have bought a premium package and would like to know the wines included.

Thanks

Tycho Cat

Here's a list I compiled from another poster's scans of menus from Reflection in September. It is only Wines for $13 or less (thus fit the package), There are several just outside this list you can get by paying only the difference in price as well.

The FULL wine menu lists can be found in the original post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47922246&postcount=1

SPARKLING

• $8 Brut, Celebrity Vintages, Loire, France
  • $11 Brut, Domaine Chandon “Classic” California
  • $9 Cava Brut, Codorníu, “Anna de Codorníu, Spain
  • $9 PROSECCO, EXTRA DRY, FANTINEL, "CUVEE PRESTIGE", ITALY
  • $9 Prosecco, Fantinel, Extra Dry, “Cuveé Prestige”, Friuli, Italy
  • $8 Saumer Brut, Celebrity Vintages, Loire, France

WHITE WINES

• $8.50 ALBARINO, RAIMAT, "CASTELL DE RAIMAT", COSTERS DEL SEGRE
  • $8.50 CHARDONNAY, BENZIGER FAMILY WINERY, SONOMA COAST
  • $10.50 CHARDONNAY, CELEBRITY CRUISES, "CELLAR MASTER", CALIFORNIA
  • $9.50 CHENIN BLANC, KEN FORRESTER, STELLENBOSCH
  • $11 GRÜNER VELTLINER, ANTON BAUER, "GMÖRK", WAGRAM
  • $9 PINOT GRIGIO, BOLLINI, TRENTINO
  • $9 RIESLING, KABINETT, J. & H . SELBACH, MOSEL-SAAR-RUWER
  • $10.50 SAUVIGNON BLANC, CLIFFORD BAY, MARLBOROUGH New Zealand
  • $8 VIOGNIER, JEAN-LUC COLOMBO, "LA VIOLETIE", LANGUEDOC
  • $9.50 Chenin Blanc, Ken Forester, Stellenbosch, France
  • $7.50 Mâcon-Villages, Joseph Drouhin, Burgundy, France
  • $7.50 Pinot Grigio, Corte Giara, Veneto, Italy
  • $12.50 Reisling Spätlese, Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben, Erdener Treppchen, Mosel, Germany
  • $11.50 Sauvignon Blanc, Sbragia, Fry Creek Valley, California
  • $6 Vernaccia di San Gimignaro, La Gentilesca, Abbazla Mt. Oliveto, Italy

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

• $9 ROSE, JEAN-LUC COLOMBO, "CAPE BLEUE", COTES OE PROVENCE
  • $7 WHITE ZINFANDEL, BERINGER, CALIFORNIA

RED WINES

• $10.50 CABERNET SAUVIGNON "CELLAR MASTERS", CALIFORNIA
  • $9 CABERNET SAUVIGNON WENTE VINEYARDS, "HERITAGE BLEND”, SAN FRANCISCO BAY
  • $9 CARMÉNÈRE, MONTGRAS, 'RESERVA”, COLCHAGUA VALLEY
  • $10.50 CHIANTI CLASSICO, NOZZOLE, “VILLA DI NOZZOLE, TUSCANY
  • $9 MERLOT, CLOS LA CHANCE, CENTRAL COAST
  • $10.50 MALBEC, ALTA VISTA, “ALTA”, MENDOZA
  • $12.50 MÉDOC, CRU SUPÉRIEUR BOURGEOIS, CHÂEAU CASTERA, BORDEAUX
  • $10.50 PINOT NOIR, KENDALL-JACKASON, “VINTNER’S RESERVE”, CALIFORNIA
  • $9 SHIRAZ, ROSS ESTATE, “LIGHTS OUT”, BAROSSA VALLEY
  • $11 SYRAH/GRENACHE, PERRIN & FILS, VINSOBRES
  • $8.50 TEMPRANILLO, CUNE, CRIANZA, RIOJA
  • $10 TEMPRANILLO. Muriel, Crianza, Roja, Spain
  • $9 Cannonau di Sardegna, Selta & Mosca, Riserva, Sardinia, Italy
  • $13 Crozes-Hermitage, Cave de Tain, L’Hermitage, Rhone, France
  • $13 Chianti Rùfina, Castello de Nipozzano Riserva, Frescobaldi, Tuscany, Italy
  • $12 Malbec, Zaha, Altamira, Mendoza, Argentina
  • $9 Garnacha, Bodegas España Autentica, “Zdeta, Z”, Priorat, Spain
  • $12.50 Merlot, Raymond, “Reserve”, Napa Valley, California
  • $8.50 Pinot Noir, Manos Negras, Neuquen, Patagonia, Argentina
  • $10 Toscana Rosso, Il Borro, Pian Di Nova, Tuscany, Italy

Edited by cle-guy

cle-guy,

Thanks so much for the list of wines.

I love ,love ,love Vernacia wine form Tsucay. it is one of my favorites.:D

WOW and only $6.00

I think that is the first time I ahve seen it. I always ask about Italian white wine...

and end up drinking Clifford Bay instead.:)

Here is the new Tuscan Grill menu from the first post drydock cruise on the Infinity:

IMG_20151029_120254544.jpg

IMG_20151029_120344347.jpg

Thank you for posting!

I think it looks good overall. However, I do find it annoying to see upcharge items at an already supposedly premium restaurant... how many times do I have to pay money before they give me the good stuff? :rolleyes:

Is this Tuscan menu just for Infinity or is it fleet wide? My big question is, where is the beef ravioli starter! :eek:

Do they have 14 day menus as the MDR?

I don't notice any options for Lactose free, denoted on the MDR menu with the symbol of a cow.

$45/pp price of admission and another $15+ for some of the steaks? No thanks

Remember there are many people who have free specialty dining, all suites get 1 for 7 day cruses, 2 for longer cruses. Signature Suites and above have unlimited complimentary dining.

Many people also got discounted packages, or the "unlimited" package for $29/DAY for all restaurants.

SO this is as much a way to get cash from the freeloaders (such as myself LOL) as anything.

Remember there are many people who have free specialty dining, all suites get 1 for 7 day cruses, 2 for longer cruses. Signature Suites and above have unlimited complimentary dining.

Many people also got discounted packages, or the "unlimited" package for $29/DAY for all restaurants.

SO this is as much a way to get cash from the freeloaders (such as myself LOL) as anything.

I know. Ill be staying in a Sky Suite in May and I'll probably spend a night at Tuscan. The up charge on those steaks just looks excessive. The average guest is already foregoing a free meal, paying a large premium and then being hit up again for a premium steak. It just doesn't sit right with me.

I know. Ill be staying in a Sky Suite in May and I'll probably spend a night at Tuscan. The up charge on those steaks just looks excessive. The average guest is already foregoing a free meal, paying a large premium and then being hit up again for a premium steak. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Doesn't sit right with me either. The NY strip is the steak I usually order whenever I have steak, even at home, and besides the upcharge (which I think is excessive for that cut) the size is ridiculous...I mean 18oz?? who eats that much? Is it meant for two people to share maybe? Not like I can take my doggie bag and have the rest for lunch the next day :D Guess we'll enjoy Normandie in Feb before the switchover...