Favorite breakfast places in Fort Lauderdale

lovevacadays

The Floridian on Las Olas Blvd. or Lester's Diner on SR 84 are a couple of creaky old 24 hour diners but are packed every morning for their huge breakfasts. The Floridian has great people-watching of the party-all-night stragglers on Las Olas, while Lester's is well known locally for their soup bowl sized coffee cups.

If you want some real South Beach Attitude served with your eggs you can try Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House in the Himmershee district downtown. (To be absolutely clear, that is NOT a compliment).

There are others to recommend further away from the port area if you let us know around where you are staying and if you have transportation.

Edited by fishywood

I like N.Y. Deli at 3916 N Ocean Blvd Fort Lauderdale. They have great bagels, omelettes, and fluffy grits.

The Original Pancake House on N. Federal Hwy has great pancakes, omelettes, and potato latkes (the secret to their omelettes is pancake batter).

I'll offer a bit of a different choice that we eat at often when pre-cruise for a few days in Fort Lauderdale....and yes even when we stay at Embassy Suites we sometime like the change....

"Grandpa's Bakery & Restaurant"

17 SW 1st Street

Dania Beach

Google it watch, their youtube and see why :p

"Lester's Diner" and ....yes.... "Cracker Barrel"...too

I'll make no excuses for loving my diner type restaurants...being from the west coast something that we unfortunately don't have here, so every time I have a chance when traveling I seek them out :)

Edited by Ashland

I'll offer a bit of a different choice that we eat at often when pre-cruise for a few days in Fort Lauderdale....and yes even when we stay at Embassy Suites we sometime like the change....

"Grandpa's Bakery & Restaurant"

17 SW 1st Street

Dania Beach

Google it watch, their youtube and see why :p

"Lester's Diner" and ....yes.... "Cracker Barrel"...too

I'll make no excuses for loving my diner type restaurants...being from the west coast something that we unfortunately don't have here, so every time I have a chance when traveling I seek them out :)

I was thinking of going to Grampa's for lunch/brunch in February when I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Airport South on Federal Highway. It appears to be within a fairly short walking distance from that hotel.

I was thinking of going to Grampa's for lunch/brunch in February when I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Airport South on Federal Highway. It appears to be within a fairly short walking distance from that hotel.

It is just under 1/2 mile; an easy walk.

Edited by brunello22

I agree with the above recommendations and would like to add St. Bart's Coffee Company on Fort Lauderdale Beach (excellent ocean views).

They share the building with my gym and sometimes after a hard workout, we'll stop at St. Barts for mimosas.:D