Downy Wrinkle Release Spray

HollandAvery

This may seem like an extremely silly question to some, but I was curious to know where I should pack my bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release Spray?

Can it go in my suitcase or does it need to be packed in my carry-on?

I really don't want it to be confiscated, as I know I'll probably end up needing to use it for dresses that will likely end up getting wrinkled in my suitcase.

This may seem like an extremely silly question to some, but I was curious to know where I should pack my bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release Spray?

Can it go in my suitcase or does it need to be packed in my carry-on?

I really don't want it to be confiscated, as I know I'll probably end up needing to use it for dresses that will likely end up getting wrinkled in my suitcase.

I always put it in a plastic bag and then in my checked luggage. Have never had a problem. :D

Do you know how to make your own?? I had a hard time finding the stuff in stores so I learned this trick!! Just put about a tablespoon of liquid fabric softner in a large squirt bottle. When you arrive at your destination you can add the water! saves money, the weight in your luggage and the possibility of leaking all over your clothes!

Thank you all for your responses, I'll definitely put it in a baggie and put it in checked luggage :)

Never thought about making my own though...I may try it! Although we do have a bottle on hand already for the cruise though. So maybe it'll be an experiment for another time. I will be saving that post for sure!

I have always had a few questions because I have never used it.

1. Has anyone ever had a problem with Downey staining your clothes?

2. Do you need to hold it a distance from your clothes to avoid dripping?

3. When you spray it on your clothes, do you need to hang them in the shower with steam?

Thanks

1. Has anyone ever had a problem with Downey staining your clothes? No.

2. Do you need to hold it a distance from your clothes to avoid dripping? Hold at a distance to sray more evenly but it is a fine mist so no dripping.

3. When you spray it on your clothes, do you need to hang them in the shower with steam? Not in the shower but it works best if you spray them and let them hang up until dry (although they aren't that wet).

Thanks

See answers above. It really is a nice product. Will have to try making it and see if it works as well. :D

3. When you spray it on your clothes, do you need to hang them in the shower with steam?

Thanks

I've never had a problem with Downey staining my clothes.

However, I do remember a post from years ago, about a gal who used it on her delicate black skirt, and it looked fine. However, her formal portaits showed streaks. She rented a skirt from formalities for the 2nd formal night.

Thanks

Yes. Used it once. Found it necessary to wash things that had spots about 4 times to get them all out. Now, maybe, we had a defective spray nozzle, but it didn't come out in a fine mist, but a definite spray, and thus dripped.

We do without now.

Do you know how to make your own?? I had a hard time finding the stuff in stores so I learned this trick!! Just put about a tablespoon of liquid fabric softner in a large squirt bottle. When you arrive at your destination you can add the water! saves money, the weight in your luggage and the possibility of leaking all over your clothes!

Wow that is pretty cool, thanks for letting us know. I will be trying this.

Thanks

You want to spray with a light mist. Don't "wet" the clothing or saturate it. Then brush it out with your hands or give it a few stretches/tugs. Hanging in the bathroom to steam would help.

If you spray it heavily you could get some blotchy stains that would come out in regular laundry.

I make my own as well.

I Only ask because I have no idea what this stuff is, but is weight a big concern with it? Does it come in a massive detergent sized jug?

I Only ask because I have no idea what this stuff is, but is weight a big concern with it? Does it come in a massive detergent sized jug?

WalMart carries a 3 oz size in the travel sample size section. It lasts a while, but I plan to try the DYI method when this is gone.

I keep in packed in with my toiletries.

Target has the small 3oz travel size also. I had one leak but luckily it was in a ziplock. However, now I take off the spray lid, place a small piece of saran wrap over the opening and put the sprayer back on. No leaks. I do this with all liquids with a cap now.