Just off the Infinity after Drydock

wendyatpml

First I want to say that we are not complainers. I will tell you the good things first. The Tuscan Grill was outstanding. The food was outstanding as well as the service. Yes it's a little pricey but well worth it.

Next, the entertainment was terrific. The guest performers were great as well as the ships singers and dancers.

The Elite happy hour from 5 to 7 every day was great. The service was good. The appetizers were also good.

Embarkation was quick and easy. We had lunch in the Buffet before heading to our cabin. The nice thing about the Buffet was that it was never hard to find an empty table.

We got to our cabin about 1 PM. Looked around and saw that the glass on the balcony was so dirty it was hard to see through it. The cabin was smaller than those we are used to put it was o.k. to move around in. The bathroom was small. There was only a shower curtain, no doors. The bottom tiles in the shower near the floor had rust on them. The corners of the floor looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time.

When you used the shower the water had an odor to it.

Room service was terrible. All we ever order is juice and coffee. The first morning it took 90 minutes after 3 phone calls.

The service in the dining room by the waiter was just o.k. We rarely saw the assistant waiter. The second formal night they ran out of lobster. We had to wait 1 hours before they were able to get some to our table, In the buffet in the area where they make pannini's the person making the sandwiches had an attitude problem almost every day.

The ship's air conditioning in the general areas was uneven, some places were fine and others were hot. Our cabin was o.k.

The food was just o.k. Celebrity food is generally better. Celebrity was always one step above Royal Caribbean but no longer.

I did know that this ship was an older one but after Dry Dock there were still carpets that needed to be replaced. The pillow cases always needed to be ironed from the first day we boarded. The bed was pretty comfortable.

Our cabin attendant was also just o.k. She was overworked. She had to deliver Room Service trays in the morning along with her doing up the cabins.

Would we go on Celebrity again, Maybe but never on this class of ship. We were on the Equinox on a European cruise and it was wonderful.

Thanks for posting...hope you can answer a few questions....

Glad you enjoyed the entertainment and Elite happy hr. Where was it held?

Did they offer an Elite breakfast ? If you went, what was served and where was it held?

Can you give some more info abt Tuscan and the new menu....are there windows with a sea view?

Thanks for any insights you can share...we are booked on her for ABC islands, but after that we will probably stick with S Class...and eventually the new builds if not mega ships. We enjoyed Connie...but also showing her age in spots... although nothing major.

Just a quick question? Are you looking down onto the Royal suites? They don't seem to be covered. There seems to be an empty structure without cloth on. I know the suites are only half covered usually. If they are missing did they get replaced later? Or am I looking at wrong?

I recall at some point during the cruise they had some cover.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm sure they would have replaced them. I would like a little shade during the canal transit in December.

Just a quick question? Are you looking down onto the Royal suites? They don't seem to be covered. There seems to be an empty structure without cloth on. I know the suites are only half covered usually. If they are missing did they get replaced later? Or am I looking at wrong?

I noticed the same thing. the frames were there, but no covers.

I would have been pretty frustrated in an RS and not being able to use it, um, as we normally do, in privacy ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Thanks for posting...hope you can answer a few questions....

Glad you enjoyed the entertainment and Elite happy hr. Where was it held?

Did they offer an Elite breakfast ? If you went, what was served and where was it held?

Can you give some more info abt Tuscan and the new menu....are there windows with a sea view?

Thanks for any insights you can share...we are booked on her for ABC islands, but after that we will probably stick with S Class...and eventually the new builds if not mega ships. We enjoyed Connie...but also showing her age in spots... although nothing major.

The Elite cocktail hours are 5 to7 held in the Constellation Lounge on Deck 11. It was not held on Embarcation Day, Welcome Back

Party or Sr,. Officers Party. The Welcome back and Sr. Officers party was from 7:45 to 8:30. Nice drinks and appetizers. There still is the Elite Breakfast in the Dining Room. You can get Bloody Marys but all the breakfast is Continental. We never went to that.

Halloween Party video from the Infinity...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGyDIv8-HAc

Thanks for posting the videos... will post a link to them to our roll call for infinity 2016...Halloween

The band sounds great...do you recall the name?

I noticed the same thing. the frames were there, but no covers.

I would have been pretty frustrated in an RS and not being able to use it, um, as we normally do, in privacy ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

OMG! We are set to sail on the Summit after drydock. Will have to check for canopy on Royal Suite, should have about one week time to cancel if canopy not there. Won't sail if not there. Privacy is a mandate. Willing to try other changes, but definitely won't sail in RS without privacy.:mad:

The Elite cocktail hours are 5 to7 held in the Constellation Lounge on Deck 11. It was not held on Embarcation Day, Welcome Back

Party or Sr,. Officers Party. The Welcome back and Sr. Officers party was from 7:45 to 8:30. Nice drinks and appetizers. There still is the Elite Breakfast in the Dining Room. You can get Bloody Marys but all the breakfast is Continental. We never went to that.

We ate at the Elite breakfast most days. You were offered a plate of Danish and/or a Smoked Salmon Platter with bagel and cream cheese, and/or a fruit plate that was huge and very good, and/or a meat and cheese platter, and/or the ultimate platter which was a combination of everything. You could get quite a variety of specialty coffees and Bloody Mary's, Mimosa, and the one with Peach and Champange. The orange and grapefruit juices were hand squeezed. there were four kinds of smoothies - all very good - you could have as much or as little as you liked. It wasn't crowded ever - it was held on the starboard side of deck 4 in the Trellis restaurant. The service was good. It was also the place where we waited for debarkation and that was not so good - there was nothing set up or organized when people started coming in - very lax not well done there.

On the Constellation, they held the Elite breakfast in the dining room comparable to the SS United States. Sad that they feel they have to do away with these restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are in the planning stages of cruising on Celebrity Infinity, and would like to know what brands of liquor are offered in the Constellation Lounge. Does Celebrity load the Elite Card with complementary drinks each day to use in different lounges between 5-7 pm as Royal Caribbean does as well as the other perks, or do they still use the paper format? Thanks in advance for any and all comments. Judy

My husband and I are in the planning stages of cruising on Celebrity Infinity, and would like to know what brands of liquor are offered in the Constellation Lounge. Does Celebrity load the Elite Card with complementary drinks each day to use in different lounges between 5-7 pm as Royal Caribbean does as well as the other perks, or do they still use the paper format? Thanks in advance for any and all comments. Judy

Most cruises you simply receive drinks at the assigned location, during the 5pm-7pm time frame, usually the Constellation lounge or its equivalent, and not paper tickets. They never load drinks on a sea pass card. There will be a limited menu of available drinks, regardless of the location. If tickets, the time they're valid is still the same. Tickets are doubtful unless it is a TA or reunion cruise as they only do tickets when there are many elites onboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna