Celebrity Cruises Swaps Formal Nights for Evening Chic

LauraS

7156888c6f56b3bca73332de279c801d.jpg

These guys looking 'chic' in their day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wonder what is in the bag that the man in the dark jacket is holding ?

Perhaps some rolled up Designer Jeans in case the cruise line relax the dress code ? [emoji33]

Edited by LA_Design

Perhaps some rolled up Designer Jeans in case the cruise line relax the dress code ? [emoji33]

LOL, a towel so he can hog the chairs if they get up or perhaps a few extra bottles of wine smuggled aboard.;)

He's obviously a doctor ready to treat anyone having conniptions over the new dress code.

I liked conniption too but thought it couldn't be a real word .... But hey ....

conniption ‎(plural conniptions)

(informal) A fit of anger or panic; conniption fit.

When she came downstairs and saw what her children were eating, she had a conniption.

...threatened by the conniptions gripping Wall Street (Businessweek Oct.20, 2008)

A fit of laughing; convulsion.

The joke was not that funny, but he went into conniptions laughing.

CC teaches something new every day. First 'wife beater' t shirt ... And now conniption .... Wonder what tomorrow brings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm concerned. My fear is to see flip flops and tank tops to be considered chic. I actually saw a man turned away from the dining room on X last year for not wearing a jacket......I thought that was harsh because he looked OK....just no jacket. I don't mind to dress up and don't mind others taking a bit of more liberal interpretation. Taking the FORMAL code away might sound cool, but it does cause me to worry that the classy atmosphere will decline on X??

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from our TA on the Eclipse, with over the top prices for wines. $ 10,00 for a glass and the cheapest bottle at $38,00.

The daily of Celebrity spoke of keeping up the nautical tradition of formal nights. After dec.4 it will be changed this nice tradtion. I agree with you on the Carnival-like, campingstyle , put on your jeans and be happy attire. Another tradition gone, but we have a choise with whom we like to sail, and what we like to wear on special evenings. Hopefully this does not infect Princess and HAL, hopefully the keep up the tradition kn the high seas. It just makes fun!

We just came back from our TA on the Eclipse, with over the top prices for wines. $ 10,00 for a glass and the cheapest bottle at $38,00.

The daily of Celebrity spoke of keeping up the nautical tradition of formal nights. After dec.4 it will be changed this nice tradtion. I agree with you on the Carnival-like, campingstyle , put on your jeans and be happy attire. Another tradition gone, but we have a choise with whom we like to sail, and what we like to wear on special evenings. Hopefully this does not infect Princess and HAL, hopefully the keep up the tradition kn the high seas. It just makes fun!

HAL has already changed from Formal night to Gala night. No jacket required

We leave for south Florida in two weeks and will board the Equinox on the 21st.

Our plan is to "casual down" our already formal stuff and see how it goes. We will try and have fun with it!:)

It's been a good run and always enjoyed the formal evenings. Celebrity has a knack for making both of us feel special on each and every cruise. We will report back at the end of the cruise!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...

we are due on 2 celebrity cruises this year. my husband son and son in law being Scottish all have highland dress which they only get to wear for formal nights on cruises and weddings. It looks like these very expensive outfits are going to be packed away and hardly ever worn which seems a great shame.

It was always such a special atmosphere on formal night.

I can understand that people have more luggage restrictions these days but we always managed with just one case each even with the formals.

we are not "stuffys" as someone suggested but just people that enjoyed a special night but we will accept the changes and enjoy our cruising although none of our men would consider any form of jeans as evening chic!

Irene

Just back from a 5 night Eclispe west Carib. cruise and will say that the new elegant chic brought ought a mix bag of outfits.

We wore khakis & a colar knit shirt, just like any other evening, I saw blue jeans worn with a screen print tee shirt to formal wear.

Being a short " fun" cruise, I think that Celebrity may be a bit more forgiving on what is worn when. JMT

Just back from a 5 night Eclispe west Carib. cruise and will say that the new elegant chic brought ought a mix bag of outfits.

We wore khakis & a colar knit shirt, just like any other evening, I saw blue jeans worn with a screen print tee shirt to formal wear.

Being a short " fun" cruise, I think that Celebrity may be a bit more forgiving on what is worn when. JMT

Thanks for your input. I least I know that what I'll be wearing when we book will suffice.

Jeans & my Polo shirt.

Our next cruise is a Mediteranean one and with this change in formal nights, my husband plans to wear a nice (not golf type) polo shirt with black or navy dockers and dress shoes. I feel this is nicer than designer jeans. I will wear a nice top with some silver in it and black pants with sparkly costume jewelry. Hope this suffices for Sophisticated Chic. It is what we wear in the summer to a fine restaurant like Capital Grille. We are in our early 60's and don't wear skinny jeans. This saves us an extra piece of luggage to get around Venice pre-cruise.

Edited by MAHA

we are due on 2 celebrity cruises this year. my husband son and son in law being Scottish all have highland dress which they only get to wear for formal nights on cruises and weddings. It looks like these very expensive outfits are going to be packed away and hardly ever worn which seems a great shame.

It was always such a special atmosphere on formal night.

Irene

Of course they shall continue to wear their highland dresses! Always a pleasure to see men dressed up ....

Of course they shall continue to wear their highland dresses! Always a pleasure to see men dressed up ....

Please continue to wear you highland dress as myself and husband will continue to wear our formal wear as we enjoy this as part of the cruise.