LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

I've enjoyed reading your posts on the Serenade. Like many others on here we will be on the Serenade in a few months. It will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and we're looking forward to it!

Is there any chance you could post the daily Compasses when you get home?

Thanks again for an enjoyable read :)

Trainman, thank you so much for posting your information and pictures. I'm very excited to be on the same ship and visit the same ports in April.

I do have a question. It appears you never eat in the main dining room, other than breakfast once. Is there a reason you stay away from it?

Thanks again

I do have a question. It appears you never eat in the main dining room, other than breakfast once. Is there a reason you stay away from it?

Our experiences with the MDR have almost always been good.

I can only recall two meals in the MDR that were terrible and we sent them back.

I also recall one case where the ship got a batch of the Alternate Sirloin Steaks from a brand new vendor that were terrible. We raised this problem to our Head Waiter and he raised it to the Dining Room Manager and it got back to Corporate. Corporate checked with several other ships and all of the steaks were returned and the vendor was put on the permanent bad guy list.

Our main reason for avoiding the MDR is that it is highly structured and takes too long to eat.

MDR food has always been good and many times it is excellent.

But we can go into the Windjammer and choose among all kinds of good food and have a relaxing dinner and be out of there in 30 minutes or so.

We started to avoid the MDR for the same reason- we were in there usually 2 hours! Then we tried My Time Dining and love it! We are always out of there in under one hour. And we get to sit down and be waited on and have a great meal. We make a reservation at the same time each night and if we like the wait staff we ask to be seated in their section every night.

Edited by dixieva

Well, darn. Even though you didn't eat in the MDR, do you remember what nights were formal on this cruise?

Day 2 & Day 9 were formal nights.

A lot of people were dressed up (I think for photos) but ate with us in the Windjammer on the two formal nights.

We got another email from Booty today! It will be our last one because we will pick her up on the way home tomorrow.

Just another day in Paradise….

My favorite activity is…

Getting to roam around with the staff while they clean 

My favorite part of playtime is...

Doing whatever I want! Because I’m such a good girl.

My favorite friend is…

Kelly! She says that I’m her favorite!!

My appetite has been…

Okay. Still eating mostly when no one is around, lol.

So far my favorite part of being in Pet Paradise is…

How everyone gives me special treatment because I’m so awesome! 

Miss you

- Booty

Booty-11_zpsy0nxvuij.jpg

Booty, Booty...To me, the best part of having a dog is coming home. We miss them, and it eases the pain of holiday end. The joy they have when they see us, and us them.

A wonderful pet care place Jim, but hey, Booty will be turning summersalts. You and Judith too. Thanks so much for doing the 'Live from

cruise', sorry you came down with a cold, luv you guys.

xx dm.

Our Suitcases are all packed, locked with TSA approved locks, tagged with properly filled out ship's luggage tags, and out in the hallway waiting to be picked up by the crew.

If all goes well we will leave the ship around 8:10 am, collect our luggage, jump in the car and head home.

We should get home between 2 and 3 pm after picking up our hold mail and Booty.

Our Suitcases are all packed, locked with TSA approved locks, tagged with properly filled out ship's luggage tags, and out in the hallway waiting to be picked up by the crew.

If all goes well we will leave the ship around 8:10 am, collect our luggage, jump in the car and head home.

We should get home between 2 and 3 pm after picking up our hold mail and Booty.

Man, time sure flies by when your having fun. Thanks for taking us along on your Cruise.

I'm in and looking forward to cruising along with you.

Serenade should be completely thawed out since we dropped her off in FLL last week following the Snowbird Migration cruise from Quebec.

Have a great cruise you two!

We were lucky enough to see you in Charleston when you were passing through. Dreaming of when we will be doing this same itinerary in March.

Thanks for the info. Are there any shorter packages? It would be nice to have if I really have to pay for the full cruise, but I really only want the last three days, in particular to check our flights back to UK.

Thanks again, keep enjoying the holiday

Don't even get me started on this. This was so maddening for me. We were just on the Freedom a few weeks ago and I was furious. They used to have pkgs that you could buy minutes. I used to buy I think 20 min (only 9 mos ago) and that was enough for me to log in, make sure my fur babies and son were all right and log off. Now all they have is a one size fits all pkg. $20/day and you have to buy it for a week. I think there was a $25/24hr pkg which is ridiculous. I was Emerald at the time so even with the discount it was waaaayyyyy more than I needed. I just don't need to be on the internet that much and if I do, I should stay home. There are a lot of ways Royal keeps nickel and dimeing people and this one really got me. Sorry, I had to vent.:mad: I'm sure you're sorry you asked.:)

Thank you for this great review. Haven't been on the Serenade since it's been refurbed and really looking forward to the new "do". I love the Radiance class . I will be on this itinerary in March 2016 and getting so excited. Hope you made it home without hitches and are feeling better.