What do you like most about the brilliance of the seas?

jalee7

We sailed on the Brillance last October on a NE cruise. It was by far one of the best cruise ships we have ever sailed on. The ship was spotless, the crew fabulous and the Cruise Director (Flo) was the best cruise director we have ever met. We also thought the food on the Brillance was very good. We only ate at Chops once. I am not sure if they have made changes since then but if they haven't, you will have a wonderful time.

I also have this cabin in March! I have been told it is a very standard D1 inside and here is a pretty close pix of it's balcony from Liberty in WJ.

05751e8e553b1811f074778df16435dc.jpg

It is a bigger balcony then standard! It is not a true wrapped like Vision 8088!

I am very excited to have it on my favorite ship and class!

Enjoy, and can't wait to her your 1st hand account of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have 9256 in less than 2 weeks. It was quite an ordeal since we were bumped due to a Nov 30 charter. It appears that the "cruise with Huge" charter has become a yearly event on Brilliance for 2 weeks after thanksgiving. Dec 5 is a partial charter. We went with Jewel 9256 for this time next year!!

All the floor to ceiling windows and the great views of the ocean, even from the elevators...
Me too I actually cried when I first got on the Brilliance it was my first cruise . Beautiful ship they were playing a string quartet. Excellent staff. Great food and service in the main dinning room. :)

What are some of the must do's on the Brilliance? This is my first cruise with Royal. Have been on 4 cruises with Carnival, loved them all. Looking forward to my brilliance cruise. This is also my first jr suite cabin (1042)

Thanks,

Outdoor Windjammer seating aft of Windjammer.

We love the Radiance class also.

But have to say, we just got of Brilliance Monday - our 4th time on her.

WJ food was very subpar(and trust me I am not a foody)

But more important - disembarkation was one of the worst EVER! Self disembark was so disorganized. Nothing for priority which was not the case the last time we were on the ship. In Jan we were off the ship by 7:15. This time it was HORRID! took until about 8:15 to to get off, no priority (which by the way they did not tell us so while we were in the lounge at 6:30 we had to go behind all the other self disembarkers). So not happy with the process.

Other than that, great ship and had a great time. Service was great as always.l

Don't like to hear about the disembarkation. The one thing we liked A LOT when we were onboard last April was the priority self assist disembarkation. We waited in one of the dining rooms and it went VERY smoothly.

We will be onboard again next February for Super Bowl.

Edited by molly361

I have 9256 in less than 2 weeks. It was quite an ordeal since we were bumped due to a Nov 30 charter. It appears that the "cruise with Huge" charter has become a yearly event on Brilliance for 2 weeks after thanksgiving. Dec 5 is a partial charter. We went with Jewel 9256 for this time next year!!

I was kicked off due to a Halloween charter next year! I had the 8 deck crn aft for that cruise.

Have fun.

Since you just disembarked, do you remember where the ice cream machine was?. We are sailing with a group in Jan and I would like to prepare an onboard invitation for mini icecream party. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to remember if Park cafe or Latitudes has a very small sampling of flavors of hard ice cream. You can get several different flavors at dinner just ask if not listed. I know Vision had some at latitudes. The soft serve at WJ only accessible when WJ is open! No real toppings! No Ben and Jerry's on Radiance class. Have a fun time in Jan. Can't wait for March!

Outdoor dining for the Windjammer. Only available on a few Royal ships. I believe the movie theater is still there also.

I just got off Brilliance on Saturday and yes, the movie theater is still there. Right next to the pub.

Off the Brilliance on Nov. 7th. 1st time doing "self assist" with our own bulky luggage. (10th cruise) I will certainly do self assist again! I think the key is, however, to get in line ASAP...we were there at 7AM for the scheduled 8-8:15 disembark time. Delays are often caused by customs doing paper work..which I am actually thankful for! (By 7:45 the long line went thru the Pacifica and outside onto the opposite side on deck 5..I think those folks got a bit impatient, perhaps cranky cuz the vaca was over....but they were still off ship ahead of the general "population"!) We felt comfortable taking turns leaving our "spot" to go outside and watch the pier activity, to go to the rest room, to have coffee juice and pastry in the Pacifica, to sit and relax in the Pacifica. I am sure we could have gone to the WJ for more "to-go" food, but didn't want to fight the crowd there. Once off the ship we passed by all the luggage waiting to be claimed and went straight to customs. Much smoother than the inevitable chaos of passengers searching for their belongings...tho it seemed neatly organized by numbers. The only thing some may find to be a downside is that we were required to have "one hand free" to hold on while on the escalator, otherwise we needed to take the elevator down to the terminal...which took several passengers, and luggage, at a time, but obviously not everybody at once!

Just relax for the last hour of your vacation ...pay attention and follow instructions !

Love the intimate size of the ship. Captain and Cruise director were great!

Thank you for the info! Just wondering…what time did you walk out of the terminal? Thanks again!

I'm considering posting an updates thread on our cruise tomorrow. We last sailed her in 2010. Just a little concerned about only one port and a miniscule pool deck. I'm sure it will be a blast though. I need to come up with a catchy title

I tied to get cabin 9256 on the Dec 5 sailing; we were also bumped from the Nov 30 cruise. See you on board.

• 1 month later...
BOB, is the 24hr drink station for people who have a drink package ?

No, they would be for everyone. Unfortunately, I did not check while on board Brilliance last week, but on Radiance and Serenade, they had coffee, tap water, iced tea, and lemonade.

No, they would be for everyone. Unfortunately, I did not check while on board Brilliance last week, but on Radiance and Serenade, they had coffee, tap water, iced tea, and lemonade.

OK, Thank you ! debating on a drink package ...? We will be on BRILLIANCE

mid February .

OK, Thank you ! debating on a drink package ...? We will be on BRILLIANCE

mid February .

Note that restaurants also serve tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices at breakfast for no extra charge.

You can always try out the complimentary drinks on the first day, and if that is not to your liking, then purchase a drink package on board. You don't have to make the decision pre-cruise.

Note that restaurants also serve tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices at breakfast for no extra charge.

You can always try out the complimentary drinks on the first day, and if that is not to your liking, then purchase a drink package on board. You don't have to make the decision pre-cruise.

Great point Thanks again !!!!

Thermal Spa! Was great when doing the Baltic.

Good point, I was reading this thread and after finishing was going to ask people any differences between Brilliance and Jewel, but this made me post. I was on Jewel months before my back surgery and again months after my back surgery and I loved this area. They sold just the right number of thermal spa packages (IMO) so that it wasn't crowded very often.

The one in the solarium was broken most of our Thanksgiving cruise

The one in the solarium was broken most of our Thanksgiving cruise

I actually used the one on the starboard side (outside) of WJ last week, but never went back in the evening to see what the selection was.