Why haven't I been assigned a room yet?

Based on many comments on this issue , there is no rhyme or reason as to when guarantees are assigned . Some believe that the later you get your cabin ,the better it is . I have my doubts . What is true is that you can ask for another cabin but (pun intended) there are no guarantees . :D You can also pay for an assigned cabin ,sometimes for a relatively small amount ,if you wish to be near to your family members .

Good luck !

Edited by richstowe

Both times DH and I had Guarantee cabins, we did not find out the cabin number until we arrived at the port. The luggage guys have the manifest and put the cabin number on tags for us. I don't book Guarantees, only 2 out of 36 cruises, because we like to select where we are going to be. Guarantees are fine if you don't care, but don't worry if you don't find out until you arrive at the port.

it appears random. But it is not. It is inventory management. Often, they will be working a specific cabin category, looking to fill it, or move some folks up a category to re-sell that category. Every cruise line works to maximize revenue. It is a guessing game, we have had them assigned almost immediately or at the pier.

Hang in there!

I know it will be assigned to me eventually; I'm not worried about that. It just seems odd that since we booked the same category of room (balcony) at the same time it would be assigned at the same time. What's also odd, now that I've looked, is that there's still balconies left to select. I would think Carnival wouldn't start assigning guaranteed rooms until the number of rooms left in a category equaled the number guaranteed, with some formula for upgrades. Or maybe the guaranteed rooms come from a different set than the pick your own. It's all so mysterious.

We leave in 9 days and still haven't been assigned. The cruise has been sold out for a month, so I figured it would be assigned. This is the latest I've ever been assigned, but have heard from many about not finding out until you arrive at the port. It's all very random!

We booked a guarantee back in July for a cruise in November. We got the cabin assignment 3 days before the cruise.

Check the documents every day. When I logged it it still said guarantee, but the Boarding pass and luggage tags were for a specific cabin. I would not have known that a cabin had been assigned had I not clicked through to the documents as if I was going to print them.

Edited by DebJ14

I know it will be assigned to me eventually; I'm not worried about that. It just seems odd that since we booked the same category of room (balcony) at the same time it would be assigned at the same time. What's also odd, now that I've looked, is that there's still balconies left to select. I would think Carnival wouldn't start assigning guaranteed rooms until the number of rooms left in a category equaled the number guaranteed, with some formula for upgrades. Or maybe the guaranteed rooms come from a different set than the pick your own. It's all so mysterious.

You're over thinking it. We've done guarantees several times, and I booked a number of clients in guarantees once upon a time working in a travel agency. There is no predictability to it. I've always been near other guaranteed bookings I've had linked to me. When it gets assigned is totally random, and don't think looking on Carnival's site will give any insight lol. I've also had one room get the category selected, and another room get an upgrade. So just sit tight and hope for the best! If this is stressing you out, don't book a guarantee next time, sometimes they can drive you mad! lol

Texasmonk has it correct. When guarantees are assigned is not random. Carnival has been doing this for years and years. They know what they are doing.
It may not be random to Carnival but it is to us . If passengers have no ability to predict or effect the timing or selection of cabins , then it is random .

Carnival may very well be assigning cabins with utmost care but they ain't sharing their decision making processes .

It may not be random to Carnival but it is to us . If passengers have no ability to predict or effect the timing or selection of cabins , then it is random .

Carnival may very well be assigning cabins with utmost care but they ain't sharing their decision making processes .

Fair enough. Would not expect they would share the details of revenue management with their customers.

Cruising in December with my mom and sister. They're in one cabin, I'm in the other. We booked together through a travel agent and selected guaranteed. They've been assigned their room. I haven't. Why would this happen?

They may be waiting to assign your cabin to accommodate passengers booked as doubles or larger as it appears you're a single passenger. In any event I hope you'll be assigned soon. Not knowing sucks.

They may be waiting to assign your cabin to accommodate passengers booked as doubles or larger as it appears you're a single passenger. In any event I hope you'll be assigned soon. Not knowing sucks.

No, traveling with my wife. At this point I think every day I don't get my cabin is another day I might get an upgrade. Realistically I know I'll just get what I asked for. But it's fun to dream.

Cruising in December with my mom and sister. They're in one cabin, I'm in the other. We booked together through a travel agent and selected guaranteed. They've been assigned their room. I haven't. Why would this happen?

The question isn't why haven't you been assigned to a room yet. But rather, why are you asking cruise critic instead of Carnival?

We just booked a Guranteed Ocean View state room via TA. Two 2 days later went onto the loyalty site to update some details found our booking. The stateroom had already been allocated. Not the best of cabins and location but managed to get it changed. Seems no set rule for allocation. :eek:

I'm also awaiting cabin assignment! I don't think it's unreasonable to ask CC members what their experiences are with assignments. I want to know now!! the pain of the thought that we'd have to wait until we get to the port

Maverick 911 just reported that he was able to change rooms when he was unhappy with the room they gave him. If the OP does not contact Carnival and all the other rooms are already assigned he probably won't have that option without paying large fees. Call Carnival!