New loyalty level. Diamond++.

Some points:

- We already had an official announcement from C&A that they are not changing the structure of C&A as of the moment.

- D+ although will take long to reach pinnacle, has escalating benefits to keep D+'s interested. For solo cruisers, only 150% single supplement once you reach 340 points is huge savings. Upgraded amenities and meal with an officer at 340 points, bonus gifts at 350 and 525 points etc..

- The distribution of D's worldwide is uneven.. for US and Europe, it is already too much that the lounge is crowded. But if you sail Asia where RCCL is targeting right now, the D lounge is usually empty even for a Voyager class. The last time I sailed with an Asian crowed, we have only 12 D's out for 3,000 passengers. And we don't have a top tier party as there are so few Platinums and up in Asia!!

Something to think about....

I have been told by more than one officer on more than one ship that there are already Chinese Pinnacles.

And I remember when Adam M. Goldstein stated that D+ would always have access to the CL. However RCI in their infinite wisdom decided to rename them Suite Lounges.:rolleyes: So he didn't lie.:rolleyes:

The CL was not renamed to the suite lounge, rather it was renamed the diamond club. So, d+ still have access to the same venue

I hate listening to Inside Cabin dwellers who have achieved Diamond Plus cruisers raving on about how special they are but who don't show up on the last night so they can avoid paying tips:mad:

Cheers

Di

Did you ever stop to consider that these folks just may have pre-paid their gratuities??

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes the DC was moved to the former area occupied by the CL, now show me where is the CL is. Deck 17 now called the Suite Lounge.

The location is the same, the name has just been changed. You will get the same amenities in the DC as you would if it were still the CL.

I just don't understand why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist because of a name change!!:rolleyes:

The location is the same, the name has just been changed. You will get the same amenities in the DC as you would if it were still the CL.

I just don't understand why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist because of a name change!!:rolleyes:

On Oasis class, D+ lost the "made to order" breakfast and lunch, plus wine and beer at lunch.

Yes the DC was moved to the former area occupied by the CL, now show me where is the CL is. Deck 17 now called the Suite Lounge.

pretty simple, when you go to deck 11, you will see the door, go in and yes, the same 2 levels are there, the same coffee machine setup, same finger foods, and a C to take care of you, and the same drinks at night.

Edited by setsail

If the coffee machine breaks where do I go to find another.:rolleyes: Don't get me wrong it's not a big deal, I was just showing folks that RCI can one thing and figure out a way to get around it. However It their program and right now I'm happy whatever they do.

On Oasis class, D+ lost the "made to order" breakfast and lunch, plus wine and beer at lunch.

The elimination of wine and beer at lunch seems to be the biggest gripe.

We weren't impressed with either breakfast or lunch when we were on Allure.

Edited by cruisenfever

d+ can get this several places on the ship,mdr, jr's, coastal kitchen, etc. oh yes, d+ stay in full suites also

Some just want their ego massaged all the time.

Edited by setsail

pretty simple, when you go to deck 11, you will see the door, go in and yes, the same 2 levels are there, the same coffee machine setup, same finger foods, and a C to take care of you, and the same drinks at night.
Whats wrong with you?? Why cannot you understand there is no longer a CL on Oasis Class ships and soon on Freedom class??

Absolutely true! That breakfast and lunch was special.

In addition, we now have a much more crowded lounge. Adding all the Diamonds and subtracting all the suite guests means many more people have access. Actually, on Oasis two weeks ago, one officer suggested that RCCL was considering moving the Diamonds to a new Diamond venue.

Since that "perk" was unique to Oasis and Allure, I don't think that D+ should complain about those two ships now having the same amenities for them as the rest of the fleet.

JMO

YMMV

I get it!!

Whats wrong with you?? Why cannot you understand there is no longer a CL on Oasis Class ships and soon on Freedom class??

You are correct, there is no longer a CL, it was renamed the Diamond Club and it's in the same location. It still offers continental breakfast and the specialty coffee machine and finger foods and drinks during designated hours at night. The only thing that was eliminated was the made to order breakfast and lunch, which, as Carol said, was "unique" to Oasis class ships. Now they are on par with all the other ships.

Since that "perk" was unique to Oasis and Allure, I don't think that D+ should complain about those two ships now having the same amenities for them as the rest of the fleet.

JMO

YMMV

Absolutely agree!!!

Edited by cruisenfever

Absolutely agree!!!

The problem is that once you have something and then it is taken away, it is counted as a loss and devaluation. While not a major consideration, I'm sure some people were attracted to O & A because of the meals in the CL

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess twisted knickers are because if all the other ships change the name from CL to suite lounge that's where we'll see an real uproar!!:eek:

I truly believe crowd control is going to be done some way and no matter what is done, not everyone will be happy. I think at this point corporate could very will be sick and tired of so many moaning, groaning and wanting more-they just don't care anymore.

No matter what some may think, I'll bet these are the returning guests they could care less about loosing and want a brand new bumper crop of loyalists beginning the carrot chase!!

Momma always taught me-be grateful for what you have.:)

d+ can get this several places on the ship,mdr, jr's, coastal kitchen, etc.....

Agreed, though I did enjoy the peace and quiet of the CL venue, vs the others. It was a pleasant way to start the day. Also, Coastal Kitchen is not available to D+ unless they are in a suite.

I get it!!

You are correct, there is no longer a CL, it was renamed the Diamond Club and it's in the same location. It still offers continental breakfast and the specialty coffee machine and finger foods and drinks during designated hours at night. The only thing that was eliminated was the made to order breakfast and lunch, which, as Carol said, was "unique" to Oasis class ships. Now they are on par with all the other ships.

Absolutely agree!!!

No, if you are D+ on Oasis or Allure and the Cappuccino machine is broken in the DL you cannot just go to the CL. In this case Oasis class is not on par with the rest of the fleet.:eek:

I have been told by more than one officer on more than one ship that there are already Chinese Pinnacles.

There may be a few...but not mainland Chinese (the bulk of the Asian market), they may be either be HK Chinese, Singaporean Chinese, Malaysian Chinese, or Chinese who immigrated to the the US and sailing Asia for a change .

but based from what I have gathered from chatting with those multilingual Chinese and English speaking loyalty ambassadors on Asia based RCCL ships, who are in charge of loyalty program of mainland Chinese guests.. majority of the mainland Chinese as of the moment are gold members.

One barrier preventing them from moving up quickly is the mainland Chinese usually takes only short cruises of 5 nights or less, for some reason they hate long cruises of 7 nights or more, so they are less in longer Asia re-positioning cruises (e.g. Hong Kong to Singapore..hence the cheaper fares than RT China or HK due to lower demand).. and they usually cruised as a family so less solo cruisers earning double points.

The only way for them to move up quicker is they do book suites for double points, and suites do sell out quick in Quantum than other room categories.

But still the low days multiplier factor in short cruises still hinders their progress even in suites.

and they gamble a lot that is why the D lounge was removed in Quantum in favor of a high rollers lounge.

Based on my experience, the most number of D's I've seen for Asians are usually Japanese nationals.

One major reason I cruise Asia at times is I can have the Diamond lounge all by my lonesome in most cases. Perhaps those in the US and Europe who are tired of the over crowded D lounge should cruise Asia for a change for a more private Diamond lounge...(except in Quantum unless you are a D+ or higher for the CL)

Edited by roquejo

One thing we really liked about the ck/sl was the make up of passengers, first time cruisers up to P. Its nice to see the excitement from new cruisers with no status, one could go a whole week with out hearing a bunch of whining from upper tier c&a,

I agree that those of us that pay premium prices to stay in suites should be rewarded more than those than rack up nights on interior cabins. I am tired of seeing diamond and pinnacles that have never spent a dime on premium cabins!

Probably just as tired as I am of seeing elitist posts on CC. :rolleyes:

No, if you are D+ on Oasis or Allure and the Cappuccino machine is broken in the DL you cannot just go to the CL. In this case Oasis class is not on par with the rest of the fleet.:eek:

Sure it is as there are other ships with lounges where the coffee machine breaks down. :p

If this is a major complaint than this is an area that needs to be addressed by RCI not only on Oasis Class but all other classes when the coffee machine breaks down for an extended period of time.

Edited by cruisenfever

... If this is a major complaint than this is an area that needs to be addressed by RCI not only on Oasis Class but all other classes when the coffee machine breaks down for an extended period of time.

I agree.

Also, if it comes to pass that Diamond members loss access to the lounge, it would help greatly if Royal would implement a voucher system similar to current evening drink system, except for specialty coffee.