New loyalty level. Diamond++.

Asked

Why are those of us that pay premium prices for suites so disliked?

Answer

I agree that those of us that pay premium prices to stay in suites should be rewarded more than those than rack up nights on interior cabins. I am tired of seeing diamond and pinnacles that have never spent a dime on premium cabins!

And I am tired of anyone that thinks that their $1 is worth anymore than my $1. Sure Suites should get the additional space that they pay for, and with the new suite Class being introduced are entitled to their Genie, or other benefits that go with it.

But we all book according to the rules at the time of our bookings, with the knowledge of what we will get for our money. Those that cruise regularly know of the applicable loyalty scheme and the benefits attached to it.

That is why first time or regular cruisers in Suites get the benefits they do, and why very loyal cruisers get benefits for a different reason, but to resent D's and P's the benefits that they have earned over many years is just sad.

And yes I became Pinnacle the old fashioned way, with many nights at sea and without booking Suites, as I am happy in my little balcony cabin. But I do not resent your cruising experience, but am concerned about anybodies "better than you" attitude. If you are really tired of seeing us, please feel free to choose another cruise line, although you should be warned some of those also have non suite cruisers.

I hope that wherever you cruise you enjoy yourself, but somehow I think you might have issues wherever you cruise, unless you buy your own mega yacht. Even then you can't miss us poor people, as you will need staff. :eek:

I agree that those of us that pay premium prices to stay in suites should be rewarded more than those than rack up nights on interior cabins. I am tired of seeing diamond and pinnacles that have never spent a dime on premium cabins!
Edited by ChipLondon

And I am tired of anyone that thinks that their $1 is worth anymore than my $1. Sure Suites should get the additional space that they pay for, and with the new suite Class being introduced are entitled to their Genie, or other benefits that go with it.

But we all book according to the rules at the time of our bookings, with the knowledge of what we will get for our money. Those that cruise regularly know of the applicable loyalty scheme and the benefits attached to it.

That is why first time or regular cruisers in Suites get the benefits they do, and why very loyal cruisers get benefits for a different reason, but to resent D's and P's the benefits that they have earned over many years is just sad.

And yes I became Pinnacle the old fashioned way, with many nights at sea and without booking Suites, as I am happy in my little balcony cabin. But I do not resent your cruising experience, but am concerned about anybodies "better than you" attitude. If you are really tired of seeing us, please feel free to choose another cruise line, although you should be warned some of those also have non suite cruisers.

I hope that wherever you cruise you enjoy yourself, but somehow I think you might have issues wherever you cruise, unless you buy your own mega yacht. Even then you can't miss us poor people, as you will need staff. :eek:

Again Chip you hit the nail on the head!

I'll be the first to admit that loyalty programs can create monsters but as you've shown by this post, so can suites. Personally, I'd rather cruise with a bunch of point counters than snooty dollar counters.

This thread has taken a nasty turn. I don't understand how someone could be critical if a person takes lots of cruises or stays in cruise cabin suites. How can that possibly matter to anyone. The cruise line created a program that awards points in a variety of ways. How a person gets those points is not relevant, as long as the customer plays by the company rules.

Getting back to the original question, in my opinion, any new named category between diamond plus and Pinacle is not necessary. Royal Caribbean already offers additional benefits at higher point levels between diamond plus and pinnacle. There's no reason to add additional names.

Enjoy cruising and don't worry about who has how many points, how they got them, where they stay on the ship or the name of the category.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We are d+ and appreciate our benefits. With other lines like celebrity offering drink packages and ppd gratuities, we are likely to try them as well. Got a great deal for next Saturday's cruise. That noted, if I had one perk I would like to see changed it would be the bogo dinner. On oasis they offer this to anyone regardless of status so essentially isn't a perk.

I will start trying other lines after I reach D+. That huge gap does give me s reason to see what else is out there. I could be incentivized to keep coming back if they could toss me a free specialty restaurant, free internet, or maybe a free shore excursion from a reasonable selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm top tier with Pricess, Norwiegian and Carnival. The best perks are in this order; Royal Caribbean, Princess, Nowiegian and dead last is Carnival. Carnival does have 185sq.ft. Inside cabins.

The reason RCCL is my favorite is the Diamond and Concierge Clubs. The second reason is O3b fast Internet on the larger ships like the Allure. O3b gives you Internet fast enough for online video games like WOT Blitz or video streaming. I met a day trader on the Allure who said he will no longer sail anything that does not have fast Internet. I could live on the Allure.

While reading this post, I am disgusted. I am Diamond Plus - who cares???? Just like I do not care whether you stay in a suite or what level you are. I am personally offended because you think those of us in the Diamond Lounge are snobs. Guess what? There are snobs at work and in the community. I avoid those people, just as I do in the Diamond Lounge. We have never had trouble finding great, down to earth people, who we enjoy hanging out with in the Diamond Lounge.

This post is just like our country. Everyone is trying to outdo everyone else and try to put on an outward show to somehow feel better about themselves. Stop worrying about everyone else.

To answer the original post: No, I do not think there needs to be another level. I appreciate the benefits I receive. And with the changes Royal Caribbean is making, I never see myself becoming Pinnacle, as I tend to do Celebrity quite a bit, also.

Now why doesn't everyone stop worrying about everyone else and go do something positive in your life today!

While reading this post, I am disgusted. I am Diamond Plus - who cares???? Just like I do not care whether you stay in a suite or what level you are. I am personally offended because you think those of us in the Diamond Lounge are snobs. Guess what? There are snobs at work and in the community. I avoid those people, just as I do in the Diamond Lounge. We have never had trouble finding great, down to earth people, who we enjoy hanging out with in the Diamond Lounge.

This post is just like our country. Everyone is trying to outdo everyone else and try to put on an outward show to somehow feel better about themselves. Stop worrying about everyone else.

To answer the original post: No, I do not think there needs to be another level. I appreciate the benefits I receive. And with the changes Royal Caribbean is making, I never see myself becoming Pinnacle, as I tend to do Celebrity quite a bit, also.

Now why doesn't everyone stop worrying about everyone else and go do something positive in your life today!

I intend to have a beer in 30 minutes. That's about the extent of doing something positive on a cloudy day in Cocoa Cay. FWIW, both the CL and DL have been very quiet this weekend on Enchantment. 1 PC, 40 some D+ and around 60 Diamonds. I don't see a need to change anything.

BTW, we are in JS 8164. Very noisy from above. Plus it has a pole. Avoid this cabin like the Plague

Edited by John&LaLa

I intend to have a beer in 30 minutes. That's about the extent of doing something positive on a cloudy day in Cocoa Cay. FWIW, both the CL and DL have been very quiet this weekend on Enchantment. 1 PC, 40 some D+ and around 60 Diamonds. I don't see a need to change anything.

BTW, we are in JS 8164. Very noisy from above. Plus it has a pole. Avoid this cabin like the Plague

For dancing? :D