New loyalty level. Diamond++.

I agree.

Also, if it comes to pass that Diamond members loss access to the lounge, it would help greatly if Royal would implement a voucher system similar to current evening drink system, except for specialty coffee.

@drink vouchers: on this fall Serenade TA all C&A from Diamond and up to Pins got unlimited free drink vouchers for social hour at any bar on the ship. When talking to the F&B manager and Hotel Director about the loss in revenue (compared to the 3 drink voucher policy) they both answered that they implemented that procedure before (when lounges are crowed) and that they actually do not post any negative revenue impacts. They also said they reported their own policy and impact to revenue to Miami- but they only took note without further interest. That may be the perfect way to get rid of crowded lounges and create more happy campers at all levels.

@ specialty coffee: on Allure TA this October, the DL coffee machine was either non operational for the most of the time or long cueing. They offered all D+ and up the free use of the specialty coffees in the Promenade Cafe.

Bottom line- the smarter the ship staff (I deliberately want to exclude the Miami managers from that statement) the more happy the (D), D+ and up customers. Some companies call that contingency planning.

Edited by christi1805

@drink vouchers: on this fall Serenade TA all C&A from Diamond and up to Pins got unlimited free drink vouchers for social hour at any bar on the ship. When talking to the F&B manager and Hotel Director about the loss in revenue (compared to the 3 drink voucher policy) they both answered that they implemented that procedure before (when lounges are crowed) and that they actually do not post any negative revenue impacts. They also said they reported their own policy and impact to revenue to Miami- but they only took note without further interest. That may be the perfect way to get rid of crowded lounges and create more happy campers at all levels.

@ specialty coffee: on Allure TA this October, the DL coffee machine was either non operational for the most of the time or long cueing. They offered all D+ and up the free use of the specialty coffees in the Promenade Cafe.

Bottom line- the smarter the ship staff (I deliberately want to exclude the Miami managers from that statement) the more happy the (D), D+ and up customers. Some companies call that contingency planning.

Sounds interesting. I wonder if the unlimited drinks caused any issues with sharing?

Hope all is well with you two.

I would like to see a new loyalty level between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. Even if there are no additional benefits. It's just a very long stretch from Diamond Plus to Pinnacle, 525 cruise nights to be exact. A really great looking loyalty pin would be perfect. I suggest the current Diamond Plus pin with two plus signs (++) on the right side.

If you are currently Diamond Plus. What would you like to see?

Now this goes on the wall of stupidity. I hope Royal cuts their loyalty program even more so more diamond/+ members complain about their investment in cruising[emoji23][emoji13][emoji12] it cracks me up how a group of people feel so entitled like they bought into something and have been sold a bill of goods..I think there should only be 2 loyalty levels - gold and pinnacle, no need for the hot mess in the middle. I don't know what is so hard to grasp about what a loyalty programs purpose is...why would any business do more than they have to to keep you as a customer? Over the years they will continue to repackage the benefits to make them look pretty while removing 10-25% of the so called benefits. If you want to experience an actual loyalty program buy a few Mercedes and see how they treat you on you next purchase. Are these boards just full of retirees who haven't worked in a company in the last few decades and think a loyalty program is really something that is a benefit to the end user? Come on now..

Now this goes on the wall of stupidity. I hope Royal cuts their loyalty program even more

Please Note: This post comes from someone who lists their favorite cruise line as "Princess."

Easy for a Princess/Carnival fan to wish bad stuff on Loyal Royals!

Please Note: This post comes from someone who lists their favorite cruise line as "Princess."

Easy for a Princess/Carnival fan to wish bad stuff on Loyal Royals!

I do? I think your eyes are playing tricks on you..where did it ever say I was a carnival or princess fan? Good one though!

I think you have been standing on your head too much there yogi..

Edited by CaribSailor

No matter what C&A level one is at, just enjoy whatever it is RCI decides to give. Everyone enjoys a free drink now and then, but is that really the reason we cruise? Enjoy the ship, food, and entertainment that is provided; everything else is just gravy.

No matter what C&A level one is at, just enjoy whatever it is RCI decides to give. Everyone enjoys a free drink now and then, but is that really the reason we cruise? Enjoy the ship, food, and entertainment that is provided; everything else is just gravy.

Couldn't agree more with you.

And we have a winner!!!

I would like to see a new loyalty level between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. Even if there are no additional benefits. It's just a very long stretch from Diamond Plus to Pinnacle, 525 cruise nights to be exact. A really great looking loyalty pin would be perfect. I suggest the current Diamond Plus pin with two plus signs (++) on the right side.

If you are currently Diamond Plus. What would you like to see?

Sigh.. Another loyalty thread

Can CC calculate how many are started a year., just for fun.

Now this goes on the wall of stupidity. I hope Royal cuts their loyalty program even more so more diamond/+ members complain about their investment in cruising[emoji23][emoji13][emoji12] it cracks me up how a group of people feel so entitled like they bought into something and have been sold a bill of goods..I think there should only be 2 loyalty levels - gold and pinnacle, no need for the hot mess in the middle. I don't know what is so hard to grasp about what a loyalty programs purpose is...why would any business do more than they have to to keep you as a customer? Over the years they will continue to repackage the benefits to make them look pretty while removing 10-25% of the so called benefits. If you want to experience an actual loyalty program buy a few Mercedes and see how they treat you on you next purchase. Are these boards just full of retirees who haven't worked in a company in the last few decades and think a loyalty program is really something that is a benefit to the end user? Come on now..

Mercedes doesn't have any true return loyalty program, as there is no benefit as an owner. They are happy to see you return for your next purchase. One might think that they are buying a high quality product with some end value. In reality all you are buying is a brand name that portrays an image.

It is rare to find anyone who straight out owns a Mercedes anymore. Most people lease them as they are worth close to nothing compared to it's purchase price. After 4 years of ownership your trade in is worth a fraction of its orginal purchase price.

Our family has owned Mercedes since 1978 and they are not the same product ever since Chrysler bought into them. My mom currently has two and I am trying to convince her to lease her next one, if she is really wants/needs another one. Her last one had 37,000 miles, was 4 years old with no accidents, dealer serviced and at trade in was "valued" at 20% of it's orginal purchase price. Yah, that's Mercedes loyalty. :rolleyes: Mercedes thinks they are the top dog, but they aren't. They are living in the past glory years and charging top dollar for a product that is no longer top shelf.

I always tell my mom that she should try Lexus, where from my experience they know how to treat their customers. However, she has been loyalty branded to a product that only wants to take and never give back.

Since you brought in the car anology I will state that Mercedes is in the exact "tier" as RC. The car anology is actually a good one, as Mercedes and cruising RC in the "past" are not the same product as today. If one doesn't like the RC loyalty program expand your boundries and try another cruise line.

Afterall, IMO the best loyalty program is to oneself.

Mercedes doesn't have any true return loyalty program, as there is no benefit as an owner. They are happy to see you return for your next purchase. One might think that they are buying a high quality product with some end value. In reality all you are buying is a brand name that portrays an image.

It is rare to find anyone who straight out owns a Mercedes anymore. Most people lease them as they are worth close to nothing compared to it's purchase price. After 4 years of ownership your trade in is worth a fraction of its orginal purchase price.

Our family has owned Mercedes since 1978 and they are not the same product ever since Chrysler bought into them. My mom currently has two and I am trying to convince her to lease her next one, if she is really wants/needs another one. Her last one had 37,000 miles, was 4 years old with no accidents, dealer serviced and at trade in was "valued" at 20% of it's orginal purchase price. Yah, that's Mercedes loyalty. :rolleyes: Mercedes thinks they are the top dog, but they aren't. They are living in the past glory years and charging top dollar for a product that is no longer top shelf.

I always tell my mom that she should try Lexus, where from my experience they know how to treat their customers. However, she has been loyalty branded to a product that only wants to take and never give back.

Since you brought in the car anology I will state that Mercedes is in the exact "tier" as RC. The car anology is actually a good one, as Mercedes and cruising RC in the "past" are not the same product as today. If one doesn't like the RC loyalty program expand your boundries and try another cruise line.

While I agree with your post and yes I should have said lease there are preferred financial offers to MB clients. They have nice partner offers with ML. I didn't say the product was good bad or indifferent and couldn't careless what others think about what car I do or do not drive.. We have actually had a better experience with BMW and Tesla quality wise. However, based on offers and return incentives by MB we always make them our first stop. I also just ordered a 488GTB and the experience so far has been amazing.. From welcome packet to communications and production updates simply amazing.

And yes, the last part of my post IS my loyalty program to myself [emoji6]

Edited by CaribSailor

For some that seems exactly the reason so. Me? I agree with you, I pay for a cruise, not for the perks. anything they want to give me above the cruise I paid for is appreciated but not expected or needed.

As for loyalty, I'm loyal to my wife, kids, and wallet. Nothing else. Probably why I have sailed on 5 different cruise lines (and expecting to add to that).

Edited by Who Cares?

Your family? You mean your mommy has been buying Mercedes since 1978.

No, if you are D+ on Oasis or Allure and the Cappuccino machine is broken in the DL you cannot just go to the CL. In this case Oasis class is not on par with the rest of the fleet.:eek:

When other ships only had the CL, if the machine broke we were allowed to go to Cafe Lattetudes for regular cappuccino/espresso only - no mochas or other drinks that weren't available from the machine. Sometimes we've had to ask, but it's always been made available.

Well, somebody in Miami must have taken note, because on the Snowbird Migration cruise, it was three drinks loaded on to the coupons only, nothing unlimited other than in the completely overrun and chaotic CL, DL and Vortex overflow. We had close to 1000 D and up, and we usually avoided Deck 13

as a result. We did go up a few times to chat with friends who didn't want to relocate, but I can't say that is was a pleasant experience.

OP, back to your topic, I don't think RCI need to create a new tier, especially if there are no additional benefits associated with it. I have to think that 99% of RCI cruisers stick with the line because they enjoy the overall experience, not because of a badge they can wear.

Your family? You mean your mommy has been buying Mercedes since 1978.

I am 43, and I mean my "family" as I was growing up. If you want to be technical it was dad buying them until he died in 2003 and then my mom continue on buying them. If that is all you got out of my post you missed the entire point of it.

I am 43, and I mean my "family" as I was growing up. If you want to be technical it was dad buying them until he died in 2003 and then my mom continue on buying them. If that is all you got out of my post you missed the entire point of it.

There was a point? Yes, that is all I got out of your post.

There was a point? Yes, that is all I got out of your post.

Since you missed it, it is highlighted above in red.:)

Started reading this thread thinking "OMG! please not another level" - I cruise for the experience. The perks can be nice, but honestly we use few. I kept reading and this thread started to take a whimsical note, that I again thought OMG.

Have to lol - I read CC for many reasons, including "entertainment" -

I drive two Toyotas - one has almost 150,000 mi and the other is pushing 75,000 mi :D We are treated royally at our dealership.

Thank you.

May y'all continue to enjoy the seas, always and all ways.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I agree that those of us that pay premium prices to stay in suites should be rewarded more than those than rack up nights on interior cabins. I am tired of seeing diamond and pinnacles that have never spent a dime on premium cabins!

sounds like you have never actually stayed in a suite. one of the perks of staying there is that you get double points.... (which you would know if you ever stayed in one)

secondly, I think the inverse is probably true, I think the person that got the inside cabins and has been on 50 cruises should probably be more rewarded then the person who has booked a suite on 25 cruises.... The suite guests get the perks because they pay for it... It's sorta a short cut for them.

call it loyalty over royalty???

and if we follow your theory, you could say that the person that opened the credit card up and transferred 10,000 dollar balance to it and got platinum from American airlines should have more perks and status than the guy that has flown 200 coach flights to get it??????

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

The level we found after D+ is called Celebrity! No way will we make it to Pinnacle so we decided to try Celebrity and with their 1,2,3 Go and Big, Better, Best programs...we ar very happy!

I think we are at the same point. Over half-way to Pinnacle but I don't think we will ever get there and, to be honest, not sure I would even want to. :D We have booked some future cruises on Celebrity and are also exploring other options.

I still think Royal has some of the best perks & loyalty program but just not an incentive for us to get any farther.

Sherri:)

The level we found after D+ is called Celebrity! No way will we make it to Pinnacle so we decided to try Celebrity and with their 1,2,3 Go and Big, Better, Best programs...we ar very happy!

The level I found after D+ was any other cruise line for the first time. I think some folks on this thread should try it. ;) It's amazing how nice a cruise is with absolutely no perks. :)