1st time cruiser on NCL Escape - Pack Beach Towel?

MattandjenH

bring your own then.

while I do not sail NCL, the other lines really only let you use them on the ship or their private islands, not in regular ports. and there might be a deposit for every one.

never assume more than one per person. standard Beach towel size.

bring your own then.

while I do not sail NCL, the other lines really only let you use them on the ship or their private islands, not in regular ports. and there might be a deposit for every one.

Thank you for the feedback!

I've heard that we don't need to bother packing beach towels because NCL provides free towels. Can someone tell me how big they are and how many each room can request? I like to take plenty of big beach towels to the beach with me. Thanks!

The best place to ask NCL questions is on the NCL forum.

As an NCL cruiser I can tell you that in your cabin will be two beach size beach towels that you can definitely take ashore to any port beach. No reason to pack any. If you want more, ask your cabin steward. You are expected to return as many as you're given or pay for unreturned ones.

When you return from beach, leave the beach towels on your bathroom floor.

They will be replaced by your cabin steward.

bring your own then.

It's too bad you chose to reply with such misinformation. I don't know what ships you've cruised on but the lines I've cruised on DO allow you to take the beach towels off the ship at any port to use at beaches.

NCL does supply one standard beach towel sized towel per person. I believe you can request more, but have never tried to. I also like lots of big towels, but I do not take my own. There will be no way for you to wash it on the ship, so if it gets sandy/dirty/etc. you are stuck with it for the week. With the ship's towels you just leave it on the bathroom floor for your room steward to switch out for a clean dry one, or take it to the towel exchange station if you want a new one right away. So much easier!!

Use the ship's pool towels....they will give you plenty...and you MAY take them ashore...just return them!!!

The OP is asking about NCL. They give you special beach towels in your cabin and prefer that pool towels NOT be taken ashore.

Edited by NMLady

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, NCL provides beach towels in each room. One for each guest. I believe there is a fee if thoes towels are not returned to the room. I packed my own(charater ones that my kids picked out for the trip). You can hang them in the room to dry or have them sent to the laundry.

After out first visit to the pool, I hung them in our bathroom to dry. Upon our return from dinner our cabin stewart hung then over the pictures on the walls in our cabin; which resulted in them drying evenly.

I liked having our own towels, becuase I am sure my son would have lost the ones that belonged to the ship and I would have been charged for it. However you do not need to pack one at all, they are in your room and in an area near the pool.

Every line I've ever sailed has provided towels to use both on and off the ship. Never needed more than 1 so can't give you information on that part of your question.

Curiosity has the best of me and I'm wondering why you need so many towels? :confused: Perhaps you should pack a beach blanket or something if that is your purpose.