Just boarded Anthem 112215

cynt

Royal has done it again...built an amazing ship. I think this might be my new favorite class. The first word that comes to mind is chic and sophisticated. Im in love with this ship.

Two70 has me SPEECHLESS! Grandest venue at sea. You have a 270 degree view of the sea. Multi layer venue for shows. It's own cafe and bar. I think I just found my new hangout. Love it!!

I cruise other lines but yet again Royal has proven why I pay a little more to get a little something extra. And I'm a solo cruiser but I don't mind paying more to cruise RCCL ships. They're simply amazing.

I can't wait to explore more of this ship. If you're pondering the idea JUST BOOK IT!!! You wll not be disappointed.

Royal has done it again...built an amazing ship. I think this might be my new favorite class. The first word that comes to mind is chic and sophisticated. Im in love with this ship.

Two70 has me SPEECHLESS! Grandest venue at sea. You have a 270 degree view of the sea. Multi layer venue for shows. It's own cafe and bar. I think I just found my new hangout. Love it!!

I cruise other lines but yet again Royal has proven why I pay a little more to get a little something extra. And I'm a solo cruiser but I don't mind paying more to cruise RCCL ships. They're simply amazing.

I can't wait to explore more of this ship. If you're pondering the idea JUST BOOK IT!!! You will not be disappointed.

So nice to hear. We are looking forward to our January 3 cruise on the Anthem.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by emileg

Wow, great to hear Dave. I wonder if the Escape will top the Anthem for you!

I expect to have an absolute blast on the Escape in May, but it's going to be very, very hard for Escape to top the Anthem. The ship is just incredible, and 270 is a world class entertainment venue. Also, my fears about the lack of a dedicated dance club were wholly unfounded. Both 270 and the Music Hall were outstanding dance clubs! The crowd on our sailing was very old which depressed the night life scene a little bit, but I can imagine it bring outstanding on other sailings.

Edited by Dave85

I expect to have an absolute blast on the Escape in May, but it's going to be very, very hard for Escape to top the Anthem. The ship is just incredible, and 270 is a world class entertainment venue. Also, my fears about the lack of a dedicated dance club were wholly unfounded. Both 270 and the Music Hall were outstanding dance clubs! The crowd on our sailing was very old which depressed the night life scene a little bit, but I can imagine it bring outstanding on other sailings.

Agreed, 270 is amazing. I still love the Viking Crown Lounge on the other ships but I think I like 270 just a little bit better.

We will be on the 11/30 sailing. What kind of dancing? Big band...salsa or what?

I was referring to DJ dancing. Latin is in Boleros. Other groups (ship band, horns, excellent calypso band Hot Spices) will also perform at various times.

I can't wait to explore more of this ship. If you're pondering the idea JUST BOOK IT!!! You wll not be disappointed.

Boarding on 12/12. You are making me double excited

What venues are open for lunch upon boarding. I was hoping to avoid the always crowded buffet.

Thanks

Cafe 270 was very quiet for lunch after we embarked, and it was fun to sit and eat it in 270 (which we were seeing for the first time). Basically everything was open except a main dining room for lunch on the first day. Lunch was served in American Icon on subsequent days.

Guest maddycat
Just got off today, enjoy it! Amazing ship, and my new favorite!

We saw Sonic Odyssey on the Quantum in April and it was wonderful. It was the most innovative show that we have ever seen. Do they also have it on the Anthem?

We saw Sonic Odyssey on the Quantum in April and it was wonderful. It was the most innovative show that we have ever seen. Do they also have it on the Anthem?

Nope, Anthem has a very strange show called The Gift. Talent was top notch but the show itself was kind of odd.

Guest maddycat
Nope, Anthem has a very strange show called The Gift. Talent was top notch but the show itself was kind of odd.

Was the Gift in Two70 or the theater? Sonic Odyssey was in the theater. During the performance they had a vertical wall of metal discs and drummers played while they were suspended from the ceiling. They also had a horizontal harp that stretched from mid stage to the middle of the theater. The harpist was on the stage.

Edited by maddycat

What venues are open for lunch upon boarding. I was hoping to avoid the always crowded buffet.

Thanks

we went to jamie's on quantum and plan to do the same on anthem. it's got an upcharge (i think $15 or $20 for lunch), but was a really relaxing way to start the trip, and the food is fantastic.

we're on the same cruise, so if you do that, we'll see you there. :p

Book it! Book it! Book it! This is now my favorite class of ship. Nothing can compare to the Oasis class but the Anthem gives them a run for their money. I just enjoyed 8 incredible days aboard the Anthem. Even with the mix up on evening 3 at dinner I had a truly amazing experience. The naysayers are nit picky. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this ship. Food in numerous venues so no one should go hungry. Love the food options. As anticipated I spent a lot of time in Two70. The wall of windows are amazing. Magnificent view on sea days.

So much to say about this ship. I'll do a review after I upload my pics. Sitting at ewr Headed back to big D.

Was on this 22nd November sailing too.

Bottom line: Nice features but a disappointing cruise. Apart from great bits like the Two70 area and the shows, food was bland, service very slow and numerous other points to mention that make Anthem cruise our least favorite cruise.

I guess its a matter of perspective.... :cool:

Guest maddycat
Book it! Book it! Book it! This is now my favorite class of ship. Nothing can compare to the Oasis class but the Anthem gives them a run for their money. I just enjoyed 8 incredible days aboard the Anthem. Even with the mix up on evening 3 at dinner I had a truly amazing experience. The naysayers are nit picky. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this ship. Food in numerous venues so no one should go hungry. Love the food options. As anticipated I spent a lot of time in Two70. The wall of windows are amazing. Magnificent view on sea days.

So much to say about this ship. I'll do a review after I upload my pics. Sitting at ewr Headed back to big D.

Looking forward to your review.