White Bay Ferry!!!

Still trying work out in my head if it is worth It Go to OPT take off luggage and walk to ferry travel to white bay and get off on a pontoon and walk to ship to leave luggage etc. Cost $18 (2 x $9) Time probably an extra 30 minutes at least

OR

Travel to Central Get on taxi drop luggage to the drop place and get on ship no walking or lugging cases Approx $25-30 depending on traffic probably 12-18 minutes

With those options and prices I'd grab the cab, but is the $30 realistic if there is a line to get into White Bay (probably is when its not busy).

Either way it's nice to have options, and the Ferry service should reduce the lines for traffic.

On debarking from Pacific Jewel this morning we caught the Ferry from White Bay to Circular Quay!!!!

Easy peasy. Great service - thank you Captain Cook Cruises!!!!!

....and what a wonderful welcome to Sydney it would be for overseas tourists or even Interstate visitors....cruising under the bridge...and in front of the Opera House....:):)

On debarking from Pacific Jewel this morning we caught the Ferry from White Bay to Circular Quay!!!!

I will add though, that there probably will be a number of people who won't be entirely happy with the service as it is a 400 metre walk (with luggage) to the jetty. It is a very flat and easy walk. This morning (first day) it lacked a bit of signage and arrows directing the way but I'm sure little details like that will be quickly ironed out.

I sincerely hope it works for Captain Cook Cruises ..... because it certainly works for me!!! $9 and 15 minutes to The Quay - awesome!

Agreed, it's nice to have options.

The other prospect with cabs is the wait. Each time there's been a sizable queue on arrival at White Bay, and there may well be a walk/wait to the taxi rank when going there.

I like that you can transfer to Darling Harbour as well... makes it much more convenient.

Choice is good, and I predict I'll be using this on upcoming trips.

According to an extremely reliable source ( you know who that is Louise CC AU :D) Captain Cook Cruises were delighted with the number of people using the service today... well above their expectations with a couple of hundred passengers. Probably helped that P&O/Carnival were promoting it to their guests ( after all they are getting a percentage $$$ as they always do:() but still a good result. Thank goodness Sydney Ports FINALLY gave approval.

It wasn't promoted via P&O to guests in the sailing that got in today to my knowledge. Only their shuttles to the city.

In that case an even better result:D.........even though the jetty at White Bay had to be moved further away from the terminal than originally planned

Probably helped that P&O/Carnival were promoting it to their guests ( after all they are getting a percentage $$$ as they always do:()

I hope not. There isn't any justification for it.

Taxis don't give a share when waiting at the dock, nor do they give a share to the airline when at the airport.

It'd be different if you were booking onboard through the line.

I heard that they have a bus from white bay to central so do they have it the other way

I have been told that the bus is not available from central to White Bay. Friends who cruise a lot saw the bus at central dropping off passengers and they asked if they could board, but the driver refused. He said he could only take passengers from White Bay to the railway.

I have been told that the bus is not available from central to White Bay. Friends who cruise a lot saw the bus at central dropping off passengers and they asked if they could board, but the driver refused. He said he could only take passengers from White Bay to the railway.

Thanks Evon Good to be confirmed

Just curious has anyone considered or experienced using uber to transfer from their hotel in Sydney to White Bay?

I looked at their site and have reservations about it They are only 2/3rds the price of a taxi but are not 'available' as quickly as taxis and again the insurnce thing is a worry

Excellent, hope you enjoyed the cruise as well. BTW, I didn't see you waving as we sailed past on the way out.:p

According to an extremely reliable source ( you know who that is Louise CC AU :D) Captain Cook Cruises were delighted with the number of people using the service today... well above their expectations with a couple of hundred passengers. Probably helped that P&O/Carnival were promoting it to their guests ( after all they are getting a percentage $$$ as they always do:() but still a good result. Thank goodness Sydney Ports FINALLY gave approval.

Louise certainly has some very useful knowledge, I am glad that it is up and running and well used as well to ensure it's operation continues.:D

I looked at their site and have reservations about it They are only 2/3rds the price of a taxi but are not 'available' as quickly as taxis and again the insurnce thing is a worry

It may be different in NSW but UBER has the compulsory third party insurance here in the ACT. After our numerous taxi rides in the last few days, I will seriously think about using UBER in the future.

Excellent, hope you enjoyed the cruise as well. BTW, I didn't see you waving as we sailed past on the way out.:p

Ha! We were waving .... But you ignored us ! ... [emoji2][emoji2]

Cruise was fantastic....as were Justice Crew and the fireworks.

Have fun on the Aria?

Louise certainly has some very useful knowledge, I am glad that it is up and running and well used as well to ensure it's operation continues.:D

Actually Mic. Louise was getting her info from my " extremely close" source....and she knows who that is:D

Good to know that, but at least the knowledge is being passed on. Will I be catching up with you on the 28th or do you have the day off?

What's a day off ?????? Yes I will be there...Someone has to try and control the great unwashed:D:D:D See you and Rosie then.

PS Sorry. Since the upgrade to the OPT the "RED CARPET' has gone missing.. but I know your a humble man and don't seek such things :rolleyes::rolleyes: not like that other GUT bloke :eek:

Edited by gbenjo

What's a day off ?????? Yes I will be there...Someone has to try and control the great unwashed:D See you and Rosie then.

PS Sorry. Since the upgrade to the OPT the "RED CARPET' has gone missing.. but I know your a humble man and don't seek such things :rolleyes: not like that other GUT bloke :eek:

Too right, getting it once was special, if you get it every time, that makes it less so. :p

Looking forward to saying yet again.:D