When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

It's already been said they can't add more wait staff if they don't have more quarters to put the staff in. If you're talking about taking weight stuff from other restaurants which one do you take from? Immediately decreasing the wait time is a good thing, I can't speak for you but I didn't go on a cruise to stand in line all day lol.

You're on social media complaining about $7 burgers though

So I'm looking at this as a Cruise fan, not necessarily an NCL loyalist.

One option that I haven't seen siggested, if it is merely an issue of lesse.knv ghe wait time, why not require reservations? It works on all the mega - ships I've been on and this would easily be implemented.

Or grandfather in those that booked before this change, even if only for one visit.

I was on Quantum a few months ago transitioning to the Chinese market during our cruise when we all booked Mama Mia was onboard but by the time we board it was pulled....people were similarly up in arms....WE BOOKED FOR SPECIFIC REASONS AND NOW....:eek:

understanding the cruise lines will change things up...not happy but I believe they also monitor the boards and take into acct the tesponses....have seen these issues backed down on before.

BUT, there's no reason to be mean or distespectful....I can afford to pay the up charges but don't want to if they're unexpected.

And I've been on the all inclusive, higher priced lines and it's interesting how the ' lower end lines' do nickel and dime....a flat charge would be more palatable and they might reconsider after watching the comments.

But I live in Vegas and have visited the Margaritaville on the strip as well as other locations and just won't pay the prices. ...but one of the great expectations of cruising is that you pay one main price and the extras are drinks but now it's getting to look like just another land based experience.

IMHO!

But I would pay $5-10 AND make reservations if that would help.

I've never seen 2 hour lones....not even on Oasis /Allure and they have a larger passenger load.

I haven't cruised much but on Royal and Celebrity there was always a complimentary burger-by-the-pool option.

So fast forward to a time when the free promotions go away and you basically have a floating hotel, with a free buffet, dining room and pub. That's the only thing that resembles the old-school cruising model. Otherwise it resembles a Disney World vacation where you can purchase a dining package (and in slow off season times they give them away) or just pay for your food as you go. That seems to be the model they are changing to.

Just noticed that the FAQ for the specialty dining package has been updated on the ncl.com site at https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq and now it explicitly inludes Margaritaville as being covered by the dinging packages:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French and Italian restaurants across the fleet, as well as Margaritaville on board Norwegian Escape.

That's the update on the FAQ for the SDP page, there's no update on the UDP page but presumably that is covered as well - there's no explicit listing of included restaurants for the UDP.

So I see a thread about all the people in swim suit in the Garden Cafe in the not to distant future.

With a cover up that has always been OK. If you're not soaking wet, it's not going to be an issue.

I think what some may not realize about lines on a ship is that if you decrease a line in one place, you increase the lines everywhere else.

You're on social media complaining about $7 burgers though

Are you stalking me? No I complained in my local Facebook group in clearly said if it was a nice big burger I wouldn't mind paying the $7. If you're going to quote me please quote me correctly.

Are you stalking me? No I complained in my local Facebook group in clearly said if it was a nice big burger I wouldn't mind paying the $7. If you're going to quote me please quote me correctly.

For 4 months a year we are neighbors (we are snowbirds) and we are on the same page. I think Hubs has responded to you, but I have not.

If you use your SDP will it count as one of your meals? So I give up a fancy dinner for a burger lunch?

Yes, it does count as one of your meals, according to reports from people onboard right now.

And if you add up the à la carte cost of a full meal, with an appetiser, entree with sides and dessert, you're at about $25 cost per person, which isn't too far from the cover charge which used to be in place at the lower end specialty restaurants so it makes using an SDP credit worth it - if not from a culinary point of view, then at least from a monetary one. Perhaps that's the plan, to entice people to buy more dining packages.

But if Margaritaville remains available only at lunch time, then this part of the conditions of the SDP doesn't make a lot of sense:

IS THERE A MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF MEALS I CAN PURCHASE?

Yes, the number of meals purchased cannot exceed the length of the cruise.

Say you're on a 7 day cruise on which you plan to spend every night in a specialty restaurant, and you'd also like to go to Margaritaville a couple of times, you won't be able to cover all your meals with an SDP as you'd be limited to a maximum 7 meal SDP.

They could extend the hours of Margaritaville so you can go there for dinner as well, that will not only spread the crowds better but make it an easier decision to use an SDP credit.

Edited by [g]cruiserke

so the same company that owns olive garden is managing Margaritaville - wow, yeah, not gonna expect good food from Margaritaville - Olive Garden, in my opinion, serves TERRIBLE food. In fact, just saw a John Oliver Last Week Tonight episode on Olive Garden, hilarious by the way

Edited by aubreyc1988

so the same company that owns olive garden is managing Margaritaville - wow, yeah, not gonna expect good food from Margaritaville - Olive Garden, in my opinion, serves TERRIBLE food. In fact, just saw a John Oliver Last Week Tonight episode on Olive Garden, hilarious by the way

This whole situation is comedy gold.

This whole situation is comedy gold.

I know haha! For the record, apparently, Olive Garden doesn't salt their pasta while it boils because when they do not salt the water, it extends the warranty they have on their pots. So who knows what they are doing in Margaritaville lol. So maybe we all aren't really missing out :eek:

But I will not waste one of my SDP dinners on Margaritaville - no thank you, I'll go to Cagney's for a hopefully quality steak

Edited by aubreyc1988

cruiserke;48399512']Yes' date=' it does count as one of your meals, according to reports from people onboard right now.

And if you add up the à la carte cost of a full meal, with an appetiser, entree with sides and dessert, you're at about $25 cost per person, which isn't too far from the cover charge which used to be in place at the lower end specialty restaurants so it makes using an SDP credit worth it - if not from a culinary point of view, then at least from a monetary one. Perhaps that's the plan, to entice people to buy more dining packages.

But if Margaritaville remains available only at lunch time, then this part of the conditions of the SDP doesn't make a lot of sense:

Say you're on a 7 day cruise on which you plan to spend every night in a specialty restaurant, and you'd also like to go to Margaritaville a couple of times, you won't be able to cover all your meals with an SDP as you'd be limited to a maximum 7 meal SDP.

They could extend the hours of Margaritaville so you can go there for dinner as well, that will not only spread the crowds better but make it an easier decision to use an SDP credit.[/quote']

I am just curious if the UDP includes the 18% gratuity? Does this mean that your will be paying extra on top of the UDP to dining?

I am just curious if the UDP includes the 18% gratuity? Does this mean that your will be paying extra on top of the UDP to dining?

With the UDP, gratuity is always covered prior to sailing. Either it is paid at the time the UDP was purchased, or it was included as part of a promo, or it was paid as part of final payment when received as a promo. One of those 3 things will have happened, so no gratuity will be owed on board.

not exactly, this is not the "parent" company of Olive Garden, they just also own several Olive Garden franchises