When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

I called - It is true that those that have the UDP can use it and those that have the SDP can use it.

I also found out, which someone on the ship will have to confirm, that as of tomorrow, they will be open for breakfast and breakfast will be complimentary.

Again, this is just something that someone at corporate told me.

We'll have to see if it's fact or not, in regard to breakfast being open tomorrow and remaining complimentary.

Harriet

Often, and I know this from my OWN personal experience, if you're consistently and frequently being called out -- or called names -- you might want to check your behavior. It's unlikely there is a conspiracy against you, chances are extremely good that you have asked for, and deserve, some of those names.

Which is too bad because when I joined your posts initially seemed entertaining. They've become wearying.

I could called Names because I disagree with people. Look back at any thread that I've posted on my first post as usually I disagree and here's why and then people come back with either cheerleader Kool Aid drinker that's when I as any normal person would retaliate. Sadly it looks like hypocrisy is definitely real on cruise critic. If you want to disagree with my point and arguing issues I'm all there but from now on I'm not going to sink to other people's level I'm not going to name call but if people name call me I'm going to start reporting.

That's life, you gotta roll with the punches.

No motley that's a poor business decision they made

They advertised it ...got people to book based on it....then took it away

It's called bait and switch

It all comes down to the little things in life...down to the seconds...

The hamburger joint seems trivial to some...but it's not...trust me....it's a symptom of the bigger picture at Ncl...and the picture isn't pretty

Take the dsc increase....pennies you might say...

Nope....it's thousands and thousands of dollars in reality

Not only do you not care about this change, you have no cruises booked and will not be on the Escape any time soon. I don't understand why you keep responding to something that has no impact to your life whatsoever. Usually paying customers get a bit more traction than those that are not. JUST SAYIN!

Email sent to Del Rio referencing the thread where someone got 7 comped meals. *We* will be on the Escape. This impacts us. I do expect NCL to honor what they advertised. I don't give one rip about what they MIGHT be legally allowed to do or not do; I expect to receive what was advertised. And now I especially expect to be comped meals at Margaritaville having read others are getting that consideration.

I find motley's posts funny and informative at the same time. A breath of fresh air really.

I just wish he would tell us more details of his drunken antics. That would really bring back memories! Some of the best times I have ever had were just before blacking out after drinking way too much!

I find motley's posts funny and informative at the same time. A breath of fresh air really.

I just wish he would tell us more details of his drunken antics. That would really bring back memories! Some of the best times I have ever had were just before blacking out after drinking way too much!

Thank you it's nice to be appreciated. To somebody else on here who keeps referring to me as a troll, I cannot possibly be a troll because I'm speaking my authentic views. A troll is somebody who says something that most often times they themselves do not believe in order to start an argument. My goal is to inform, if tomorrow morning everybody woke up and said that I completely agree with you I would be very happy.

Not only do you not care about this change, you have no cruises booked and will not be on the Escape any time soon. I don't understand why you keep responding to something that has no impact to your life whatsoever. Usually paying customers get a bit more traction than those that are not. JUST SAYIN!

Email sent to Del Rio referencing the thread where someone got 7 comped meals. *We* will be on the Escape. This impacts us. I do expect NCL to honor what they advertised. I don't give one rip about what they MIGHT be legally allowed to do or not do; I expect to receive what was advertised. And now I especially expect to be comped meals at Margaritaville having read others are getting that consideration.

Well it is absolutely true that I do not have any more Cruise book as of yet, though I am doing pretty well financially I am far from rich. So there does need to be a space between Cruises and probably a more significant space than yours would be.

My Thanksgiving cruise was the last cruise to have complimentary Margaritaville so I do feel bad for the people who won't experience complimentary Margaritaville. And as someone that has taken Jewel-class shops and Dawn-class ships, it still takes a bit to get used to how there's no poolside grill on the Breakaway and Breakaway-plus ships. The Escape is still an amazing ship with a lot to do onboard. Feel free to read my ongoing review about my Thanksgiving cruise on the Escape!

Agreed, that's really the main thing in my opinion, no poolside grill. I will look for your review!

Just be aware - I am on the line with NCL customer service right now about the Margaritaville change.

The supervisor I was speaking to can't find anywhere in the contract nor in the terms and conditions that states they have the right to change a complimentary venue to a pay venue after we make final payment. I pointed out a few lines in the T&C that state that my cruise fare is subject to change prior to final payment, but that I couldn't find anything about their ability to make arbitrary changes to the product promised without compensation AFTER final payment. She spent 45 minutes reading everything she had - and agreed with me that it isn't there.

She's now on the phone with the executive office ... start calling - BUT BE POLITE. I WILL get some kind of compensation here - and I'll post what I get when I do. Another cruiser posted (on Facebook) that they had emailed DelRio's office and received a $100 OBC after they complained - if they sent that to one person they'll bend to more of us. I would recommend that as many of us complain as possible - even if you never planned to eat there .... you can use the OBC elsewhere.

I am not sure I believe this person. We called several times, emailed FDR and posted on Facebook. They are not budging or offering anything. Just plain bad business! :mad:

Edited by WirelessRoute

I'm still in conversation. The supervisor had to call executive office. She had me on hold 90 minutes and then I had to go- but I'm not done. Read your contract and the T&C. It's not there. The only thing they may have to stand on is the legal notice on their website but that doesn't cover their brochures.

Edited by trvlqueen

I am not sure I believe this person. We called several times, emailed FDR and posted on Facebook. They are not budging or offering anything. Just plain bad business! :mad:

It's one thing to voice an opinion... but this *might* be taking it a bit far.

Edited by TheDougOut

I'm still in conversation. The supervisor had to call executive office. She had me on hold 90 minutes and then I had to go- but I'm not done. Read your contract and the T&C. It's not there. The only thing they may have to stand on is the legal notice on their website but that doesn't cover their brochures.

So basically your getting the runaround like us and gotten nothing out of it but wasting your time ?

Where specifically are you looking in the contract?

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Guest-Ticket-Contract-11-2015.pdf

Sections 3(a) and 4(a) allow them to make the change, legally. Black letter law.

I posted notes about this in another thread (or was it this one), but the short version is as long as some form of generally accessible 'ordinary' food is offered (buffet counts), they are meeting their obligations under the contract. Period.

So basically your getting the runaround like us and gotten nothing out of it but wasting your time ?

Where specifically are you looking in the contract?

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Guest-Ticket-Contract-11-2015.pdf

If each of the responses on this thread and others were an email or call to guest services, the PR Dept, the CEO and COO, or even posted on NCL's Facebook page, we might get somewhere.

Are you requiring us to all agree to the same thing? Otherwise they may get 50% who want the fee gone, and 50% who want it to stay. Then what?

Umm.... you do know that brochures aren't legally binding, right?

Here, from the T & C is what you can do about it:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Guests are advised to carefully read the terms and conditions of the Guest Ticket

Contract set forth below which affect your legal rights and are binding. The Guest’s attention is

specifically directed to Paragraphs 10 and 14 of the Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket Contract.

Acceptance or use of this Contract shall constitute the agreement of Guest to these Terms and

Conditions."

"Carrier shall not be obligated to honor

any booking resulting from, nor shall be responsible or liable whatsoever in connection with, misprints or

errors of any kind, whether in brochures, advertisements, on the Internet, during the booking process or

otherwise, "

"Any and all disputes, claims, or controversies whatsoever, other than for personal injury,

illness or death of a Guest, whether brought in personam or in rem or based on contract, tort, statutory,

constitutional or other legal rights, including but not limited to alleged violation of civil rights,

discrimination, consumer or privacy laws, or for any losses, damages or expenses, relating to or in any

way arising out of or connected with this Contract or Guest's cruise, no matter how described, pleaded or

styled, between the Guest and Carrier, with the sole exception of claims brought and litigated in small

claims court, shall be referred to and resolved exclusively by binding arbitration pursuant to the United

Nations Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (New York 1958), 21

U.S.T. 2517, 330 U.N.T.S. 3, 1970 U.S.T. LEXIS 115, 9 U.S.C. §§ 202-208 ("the Convention") and the

Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1, et seq., ("FAA") solely in Miami-Dade County, Florida, U.S.A. to the

exclusion of any other forum. Guest hereby consents to jurisdiction and waives any venue or other

objection that may be available to any such arbitration proceeding in Miami-Dade, Florida. The arbitration

shall be administered by National Arbitration and Mediation (“NAM”) under its Comprehensive Dispute

Resolution Rules and Procedures and the Fee Schedule in effect at the time of filing the dispute with

NAM, which are deemed to be incorporated herein by reference. NAM can be contacted at 800-358-2550,

attention Commercial Claims Dept., 990 Stewart Avenue, First Floor, Garden City, NY 11530, to respond

to any questions regarding the arbitration process, as well as to request a copy of NAM’s current

Comprehensive Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures and the Fee Schedule. NEITHER PARTY

WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OR TO ENGAGE IN PRE-ARBITRATION DISCOVERY

EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE APPLICABLE ARBITRATION RULES AND HEREIN, OR OTHERWISE

TO LITIGATE THE CLAIM IN ANY COURT (OTHER THAN SMALL CLAIMS COURT). THE

ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. OTHER RIGHTS THAT GUEST OR

CARRIER WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. An award

rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction under the Convention or FAA.

Carrier and Guest further agree to permit the taking of a deposition under oath of the Guest asserting the

claim, or for whose benefit the claim is asserted, in any such arbitration. In the event this provision is

deemed unenforceable by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction for any reason, then and only

then the provisions of Section 14 below governing venue and jurisdiction shall exclusively apply to any

lawsuit involving claims described in this Section. In any event, no claim described in this Section may be

brought against Carrier unless written notice giving full particulars of the claim is delivered to the Carrier

within thirty (30) days of termination of the Cruise and legal action on such claim is commenced within six

(6) months from the date the claim arose, notwithstanding any provision of law of any state or country to

the contrary.

© Guest Waives Right to Class Action Relief: THIS CONTRACT PROVIDES FOR THE EXCLUSIVE

RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES THROUGH INDIVIDUAL LEGAL ACTION ON GUEST'S OWN BEHALF

INSTEAD OF THROUGH ANY CLASS ACTION. EVEN IF THE APPLICABLE LAW PROVIDES

03/2014

OTHERWISE, GUEST AGREES THAT ANY ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT AGAINST CARRIER

WHATSOEVER SHALL BE LITIGATED BY GUEST INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT AS A MEMBER OF ANY

CLASS OR AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION, AND GUEST EXPRESSLY AGREES TO WAIVE ANY

LAW ENTITLING GUEST TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. IF GUEST'S CLAIM IS SUBJECT

TO ARBITRATION UNDER SECTION 10(b) ABOVE, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE NO

AUTHORITY TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS. GUEST AGREES THAT THIS

SECTION SHALL NOT BE SEVERABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FROM THE ARBITRATION

CLAUSE SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(b) ABOVE, AND IF FOR ANY REASON THIS CLASS ACTION

WAIVER IS UNENFORCEABLE AS TO ANY PARTICULAR CLAIM, THEN AND ONLY THEN SUCH

CLAIM SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION"

I read my T&C. They are stating the legal notice on the website gives them the right to make any change to the product they want to. Including changing the names of cabin types and moving you into a different room than you booked - I said "so you could reclassify an interior as a mini suite and move me if you wanted to?" And the answer was "yes". That conversation alone is enough to have me rethinking whether I'll book NCL in advance ever again. As a last minute thing when I know exactly what I'm getting? Maybe. I'm telling you that their philosophy has changed. Do with it what you will. False advertising is false advertising in my view.

And- Margaritaville as complimentary was not a misprint. It was advertised as such for a year.

Edited by trvlqueen

That conversation alone is enough to have me rethinking whether I'll book NCL in advance ever again.

I'd be surprised if you didn't find similar language in the T&C of any cruise line. I've always considered it common knowledge - but maybe it's not since so many people are up in arms over it.

I'd be surprised if you didn't find similar language in the T&C of any cruise line. I've always considered it common knowledge - but maybe it's not since so many people are up in arms over it.
They are all pretty much the same and they all make changes without advance warning to customers. Celebrity for example, increased the bar servers gratuities from 15% to 18%, raised the price of drinks and drink packages, changed a lot of the Caribbean itineraries, which were already purchased, included an overnight stay in one port, while cancelling another port, changed their loyalty program and I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

Escape is registered in the Bahamas, so US law has no authority...
I wish, if someone feels that NCL broke the law, they take them to small claims court, so we would know once and for all if they are doing what they have been accused of (bait and switch and breach of contract). I'm sure they could get the small claims court maximum for pain and suffering over Margaritaville changing from complimentary to a for fee restaurant.