Photo package question....

Dinkachu

We are considering purchasing a photo package for our upcoming Allure trip this December. We are a family of 6 traveling in 3 Boardwalk balcony staterooms to celebrate Christmas and our son's college graduation.

Does the photo package include all pictures for your group when the reservations are linked, or would they expect us to purchase 3 photo packages - one for each stateroom? We expect to take the majority of our photos together in groups, but know there will be some single and pair photos. If we had to purchase 3 separate photo packages - one for each stateroom - they would include many redundant photos, and the package would not be such a good deal. I can see where Royal may not want to include photos from more than one stateroom in each package.

Right now, I am leaning toward purchasing one package and making sure all group photos are on that sea pass, then purchase individual photos from the other staterooms separately.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, I searched the RCI site and asked their online help person - who could not answer my question.

I did not find the answer I was looking for through a CC search either.

THANK YOU ! I am already packing!

It depends on the relationship of the six people and their ages. Can you fill us in with these details and I can better answer based on my first-hand experience. I have purchased the unlimited prints and digitalis on several ships.

I would appreciate your answer too. In my situation we have 8 ppl in 3 rooms: me (34), my husband (41) and my son (11) in room 1; my sister (38) her husband (34) and daughter (2) in room 2; my parents (62) in room 3.

My guess is we have to have a package for each room but would like to hear from you because you have experience.

Thank you

Groispb: based on your scenario, you would have to get the photo package for each cabin. They will link cabins together IF you have minor children in another cabin.

What type of cabins are you three cabins and far away is your cruise? Depending on the cabins, I have an idea that you do to eliminate one of the packages due to a loophole in their rules.

I asked about this on board the Liberty a couple of weeks ago regarding a future cruise. The package is for your cabin only unless traveling with minors. We are taking grown kids in other cabins. Pictures of us with them will be included in our package but their individual families pics will not if we are not in picture. Still have not decided if we will get one or not. It might be worth for it family pictures and us with the grands. If you buy it the first two days on board they discount it.

Hi, I just received an email from mycruisephotos for our upcoming 12/19 sailing on Indy. Here is a link to the explanation of traveling in multiple cabins.

https://image.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/30600-families-traveling-together-in-multiple-staterooms

This is copied/pasted from that link:

The following are benefits of your photo package (digital or print):

· When purchasing any size digital photo package, you will take home all the photos seen on your kiosk account and can choose which photos to keep from home.

· Photos of your children aged 21 and under, who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.

· Artistic borders and templates as seen on all printed photos are included.

· Digital photos are in a size and resolution that allow for printing up to 8x10.

· “Unlimited” photos means all the photos in your photo kiosk account and/or all the photo prints that YOU collect while adhering to these terms.

The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):

· Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.

· Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.

· Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.

· Any special printing or retouching requests.

For larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms, we offer a discount on unlimited Digital Photo discs: Purchase the unlimited package for one stateroom, and the second unlimited disc is 50% off the onboard price.

Edited by blonde375

• 2 months later...

Does that mean if mom/dad/kids are in one cabin, grandparents in another cabin, and aunt/uncle in a 3rd cabin, that if mom/dad/kids cabin purchased the photo package, then any photo with mom/dad/kids would be included, regardless of who else is in the photo? I'm assuming pics of just kids with grandparents or just kids with aunt/uncle would be included. But that pics of grandparents alone or aunt/uncle alone would not be included? Hope this isn't confusing, we are also trying to decide if the photo package will be worth it. And thanks for copying the terms, that was very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Does that mean if mom/dad/kids are in one cabin, grandparents in another cabin, and aunt/uncle in a 3rd cabin, that if mom/dad/kids cabin purchased the photo package, then any photo with mom/dad/kids would be included, regardless of who else is in the photo? I'm assuming pics of just kids with grandparents or just kids with aunt/uncle would be included. But that pics of grandparents alone or aunt/uncle alone would not be included? Hope this isn't confusing, we are also trying to decide if the photo package will be worth it. And thanks for copying the terms, that was very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From researching this- the people that are in that photo makes that photo null and void on your package. Only the people with the folio number of that package an be in the picture unless every cabin purchased. First cabin pays the full price- the second gets a discount and the third gets a bigger discount.

What sucks is I have my honey and GD in one cabin

and me and my dad in the other cabin== my dad doesn't get pictures.

From what we experienced on the Oasis, pop5, this would all come under one package since you have two minors in the second cabin. But you will have to tell someone in the photo department to link your two cabins. By linking them, you will include any photos of the two minors from the second cabin. If they take photos individually or together (without mom or dad) then you will also get them.

Or did I misread your post in that you and a minor are in cabin one, husband and adult child are in cabin two, and two minors are in cabin three?

I was on the Oasis with on a family cruse last July. We had 3 cabins with linked reservations and my parents had all boys i.e. my dad, my brother in law and 3 grandsons booked in 1 room, my mom, sister and 2 granddaughters who were travelling without their parents in the other room, and myself with my BF in the middle room. Since they used facial recognition software and all of our family was mix and match in all the pics, my sister had almost all of the digital pictures on her portfolio. Since she also paid for the unlimited prints they just grabbed the whole stack that's in the folder and shoved it into an envelope - they're so busy on the last night they didn't even look at them. My advice is to put all the prints into the picture folder that you're purchasing!

Pallybean, we tried that on the Oasis TA by just buying the package for my sister and brother in law's cabin. My aunt and I were in another cabin. When I went to pick up the five books of prints on the final night at midnight, the employee started putting the photos in the clear plastic sleeves. As she was doing so, she saw the photos of just me and my aunt. She said that since we were not in the cabin with my sister and BIL, that she would have to go through ALL of the photos and pull out any of just me, just my aunt, and any with just the two of us and that we could not have those in the package that my sister and BIL bought. She said that if there were any of me and/or my aunt with my sister and/or BIL, then they could stay in my sister's package. They were very busy that night and I was surprised that she wanted to look through over 700 pictures, so I just agreed to pay the extra for the all-inclusive package for the second cabin to avoid the time to pull out our photos. We ended up with close to 800 prints and after I got home, I realized that two photographers on two different nights did not print our photos, so we were missing almost 200 more.

How much do the packages typically go for? I'm slightly considering this for my upcoming sailing. I tried the link above but I have to put in my sail date and it's only showing me the next 3 sailings.

Just pick any other sailing and put in false information (e.g. John Smith, 1234567) to look at the pricing :)

Looks like the prices haven't changed recently. $175 for 10 digitals, $250 for 15 digitals, $300 for all digitals, and $400 for all digitals and prints.

If you start off by buying only 10 digitals for $175 and get your CD while on board, you can add more (e.g. singles, multiples) later after you pop the CD into your computer at home. Your CD is pre-loaded with the credits you paid for. You can pay for extra photo credits and then choose the additional JPEGs you want from the thumbnails. The CD contains ALL of your photos; it's just a matter of having enough credit to decrypt additional images you want.

Hope that helps!

Just pick any other sailing and put in false information (e.g. John Smith, 1234567) to look at the pricing :)

Looks like the prices haven't changed recently. $175 for 10 digitals, $250 for 15 digitals, $300 for all digitals, and $400 for all digitals and prints.

If you start off by buying only 10 digitals for $175 and get your CD while on board, you can add more (e.g. singles, multiples) later after you pop the CD into your computer at home. Your CD is pre-loaded with the credits you paid for. You can pay for extra photo credits and then choose the additional JPEGs you want from the thumbnails. The CD contains ALL of your photos; it's just a matter of having enough credit to decrypt additional images you want.

Hope that helps!

I tried entering John Smith and 1234567 and it said : Please double check your last name and reservation number. So I couldn't do a mock check of prices for a 5 night cruise. Are the 5 night cruise packages less expensive?

Also, how are people reporting that they took 800 pictures on one cruise? Do the photographers take dozens of pictures per background?

What does it mean when it says: "Unlimited" photos means all the photos in your photo kiosk account and/or all the photo prints that YOU collect while adhering to these terms? Does this mean that there are digital photos like on a computer screen and printed photos like the old days where they line up thousands of pictures on the walls and you have to sift through them to find your photos?

Does RCL do the photo file books like the Disney ships? Where all of your printed pictures are already in a file folder so no searching for them?

I tried entering John Smith and 1234567 and it said : Please double check your last name and reservation number. So I couldn't do a mock check of prices for a 5 night cruise. Are the 5 night cruise packages less expensive?

Also, how are people reporting that they took 800 pictures on one cruise? Do the photographers take dozens of pictures per background?

What does it mean when it says: "Unlimited" photos means all the photos in your photo kiosk account and/or all the photo prints that YOU collect while adhering to these terms? Does this mean that there are digital photos like on a computer screen and printed photos like the old days where they line up thousands of pictures on the walls and you have to sift through them to find your photos?

Does RCL do the photo file books like the Disney ships? Where all of your printed pictures are already in a file folder so no searching for them?

Sorry, I didn't literally mean that name and reservation ID. They probably do a basic check but they definitely don't/can't check the real reservation database. Make up something more plausible (probably the ID) and it will work.

I don't know if shorter cruises are cheaper for photos. On my one short (4-night), DW and I opted not to buy any and didn't even check the price. Maybe you can find a short sailing on the photos web site.

As for finding your photos it depends on the ship. In my experience they've always printed at least some of the photos. The larger ships have computer kiosks as well as numbered binders. On some of the smaller ships...good luck, you just have to look for your party on the display walls :)

Your SeaPass card tells you your photo section or binder number, if applicable. It will be printed directly on the card when you check in at the terminal.

Edited by moopetguy

For those who wondered how I managed to get 800 pictures, there were four of us on a 12 night cruise. We had three formal nights. On each formal night, there were about 10 locations. We each had solo shots, groups of 2, and pics if all four. So at two snaps if each if these, we had about 20 pictures at each location. They add up quickly that way!

Hope that helps!

That helps tremendously, thanks! I thought it would be verifying the info I put in LOL