Grand Princess laundry-coin or card swipe?

Slotown

I thought I read somewhere that the self service laundry has been converted to card swipe from the old $2.00 in quarters per load. Now can't find it. Can anyone recently on the Grand confirm whether I should lug a bag of quarters along with me or not? Your help is appreciated.

I thought I read somewhere that the self service laundry has been converted to card swipe from the old $2.00 in quarters per load. Now can't find it. Can anyone recently on the Grand confirm whether I should lug a bag of quarters along with me or not? Your help is appreciated.

I've heard that only the Regal and Royal are that way.

We have always the ship laundry.

I read on another post - tokens scroll down to 10/18

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2270239&highlight=grand+princess+laundry&page=2

We're currently on the Grand and it uses tokens. $3 to wash and $3 to dry. Swipe cruise card to get tokens from machine in self serve laundry room.

Thanks! Looks like I can leave the bag of quarters at home

We're currently on the Grand and it uses tokens. $3 to wash and $3 to dry. Swipe cruise card to get tokens from machine in self serve laundry room.

Thanks! What about detergent and dryer sheets? I always bring my own, but if I forget them or run out, will I be able to purchase them with my cruise card or will I need quarters? Also, do you know how much it costs to purchase detergent and dryer sheets from the dispenser?

Thanks! What about detergent and dryer sheets? I always bring my own, but if I forget them or run out, will I be able to purchase them with my cruise card or will I need quarters? Also, do you know how much it costs to purchase detergent and dryer sheets from the dispenser?

Sometimes the machines are set up to do that for you. If not I would buy it because they might be using a detergent that the ships waste water system can process. Dryer sheets ??

You know, the sheets you throw in the dryer to prevent static cling?

I know what they are . Just don't know if they are aviable for purchase.

We normally just use the ships laundry service instead of the W&D on board.

We just budget $60 every 5 days for laundry.

Yes in a vending machine in the laundry room. Not sure about the cost as we always bring our own. ;)

We use the 3 in 1 sheets.

We were on the Grand in October and you swipe your card to get a token for the washer and dryer. They also give you a token for buying laundry detergent. No longer do you need to bring quarters!

Carolyn