Diamond princess Japanese bath question

willtup5

Need more info on the Izumi japanese bath. Is it free or is it for free.

Think it was around $20 or maybe $15 for 90 mins. Absolutely wonderful after you got your head around being totally naked. You shower then use the hot bath. There is also a mist sauna, which was amazing. You can then go out to the outside area (put your togs on first), and use the outside hot tub, huge, and relax in the cabanas. Tried this in Sept on Diamond, would definitely do it again. We had the first booking of the day and we were the only ones in there for the first (naked) bit.

Think it was around $20 or maybe $15 for 90 mins. Absolutely wonderful after you got your head around being totally naked. You shower then use the hot bath. There is also a mist sauna, which was amazing. You can then go out to the outside area (put your togs on first), and use the outside hot tub, huge, and relax in the cabanas. Tried this in Sept on Diamond, would definitely do it again. We had the first booking of the day and we were the only ones in there for the first (naked) bit.

I used it many days on our OZ/NZ cruise --lovely environment and outdoor area. My favorite place to be on the ship! On our cruise there were times during the day allocated for wearing a swimsuit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the Diamond now an the current price is $15 (AUD) for 2 hours. They had a port day special for $10 and offer a buy four get one free coupon book for 5 sessions for $60.

For our sailing from Sydney, they have nude time 6-8 am and 8-10 pm each day. The rest of the time, swim suits are required in all areas.

I am on the Diamond now an the current price is $15 (AUD) for 2 hours. They had a port day special for $10 and offer a buy four get one free coupon book for 5 sessions for $60.

For our sailing from Sydney, they have nude time 6-8 am and 8-10 pm each day. The rest of the time, swim suits are required in all areas.

Wow, that would have made me feel so much more comfortable, wearing my swimsuit. However there was no option on the Diamond in Japan, I am pleased i did itbthevtraditional way, and also pleased that on the day we tried it, we were the only ones in there. Lol

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple questions. We are sailing on the Diamond Princess from Japan and will be on the Aloha deck. I like the proximity to the Terrace Pool. Does this area get very busy? It seems like a pretty small area, so I wonder if a ton of people use the pool.

Also, the Outdoor Whirlpool which is just a few flights up from the Terrace pool (Deck 15 - Sun) seems to be part of the Japanese Bath complex. Can anyone use this whirlpool or is it just for people who use the bath? I am also wondering, if you need to be naked to use the Japanese bath, will people be naked in the Outdoor Whirlpool?

Edited by NCruiser2012

...Also, the Outdoor Whirlpool which is just a few flights up from the Terrace pool (Deck 15 - Sun) seems to be part of the Japanese Bath complex. Can anyone use this whirlpool or is it just for people who use the bath? I am also wondering, if you need to be naked to use the Japanese bath, will people be naked in the Outdoor Whirlpool?
The outdoor whirlpool on deck 15 (Sun) is part of the Izumi complex and is only for paying customers. Swimsuits must always be worn in the outdoor part of the Izumi. Indoors, the rules differ depending on whether the ship is on a Japan itinerary or elsewhere, such as Australia. In Japan, it is more common for the indoor session to be nude. They do switch sides daily so both sexes can enjoy the slightly different amenities.

The outdoor whirlpool on deck 15 (Sun) is part of the Izumi complex and is only for paying customers. Swimsuits must always be worn in the outdoor part of the Izumi. Indoors, the rules differ depending on whether the ship is on a Japan itinerary or elsewhere, such as Australia. In Japan, it is more common for the indoor session to be nude. They do switch sides daily so both sexes can enjoy the slightly different amenities.

Thanks!

OMG can you imagine some of the people who go on these cruises letting it all hang out. I think I would need therapy after that. Seeing them in bathing suits is bad enough.

Cheers,

I did not mean for my previous response with icons to agree with this comment.

• 1 month later...
OMG can you imagine some of the people who go on these cruises letting it all hang out. I think I would need therapy after that. Seeing them in bathing suits is bad enough.

Cheers,

So, only the beautiful people should participate in activities that bare body parts? What an attitude. My old body is far from what it was when I was young, but at least my mind is still young enough to understand that your comment shows a lack of empathy for 99% of us older people who are enjoying our lives. Life is not a beauty contest. Grow up.

• Like 1

I am currently on the Diamond, and have been for five days, and I have yet to see anyone in the Japanese bath, naked or otherwise.

The extra cost may put a lot of people off going there.

I'd probably use it I wanted a soak in hot water. The spa pools around the main pool areas are always crowded and noisy.

Does anyone know how heavily chlorinated the Japanese bath is?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I'd probably use it I wanted a soak in hot water. The spa pools around the main pool areas are always crowded and noisy.

When we were in in Oct/Nov the chlorine nearly knocked you out.

But I guess it may depend on who is looking after it all, as some days the pool on deck was overpowering some mornings too.

The cost was minimal, $15 for 90 mins, I think, memory failing. Worth every cent, loved the mist sauna and the enormous bath looking out over the ocean. Tehe outside experience was great, another big hot tub to float around in and then the lounges beside the pool to relax in, oh and the special foot bath. I would definitely recommend it.

When we were in in Oct/Nov the chlorine nearly knocked you out.

But I guess it may depend on who is looking after it all, as some days the pool on deck was overpowering some mornings too.

Sorry forgot to mention in previous post. In August last year no chlorine smell at all. The mist sauna has a different "fragrance" every day, it was citrus on our day. I was sure I was going to smell like an orange all day.