The CREEPY Carnival Mascot!

Timsierramist

Here ya go. I'm guessing this is the one??? I had this screen shot (single digit dance - 9 days) before our Liberty cruise this past September. I can see where some think this is a speedo, but you're right, it looks more like "boy shorts".

Thanks, that what I saw, too. Maybe they have a fat, hairy speedo guy on a European or other country's Carnival website (I'm totally joking)!?

I took a fabulous 12-day Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity a number of years ago and the ship was filled with mostly Europeans, as expected (I'm American). I had been to Europe before, but only in the winter and never to the beach and let me tell you the culture shock of seeing all of the elderly men in their speedos on the sea days! Obesity, chest/back hair I can deal with, but not bushy pubes bursting from the sides of the speedo...:eek::eek: I don't get how someone thinks that looks OK?

Edited by JinxyB

Thanks, that what I saw, too. Maybe they have a fat, hairy speedo guy on a European or other country's Carnival website (I'm totally joking)!?

I took a fabulous 12-day Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity a number of years ago and the ship was filled with mostly Europeans, as expected (I'm American). I had been to Europe before, but only in the winter and never to the beach and let me tell you the culture shock of seeing all of the elderly men in their speedos on the sea days! Obesity, chest/back hair I can deal with, but not bushy pubes bursting from the sides of the speedo...:eek::eek: I don't get how someone thinks that looks OK?

Because somehow Europeans aren't as hung up about natural hair as we Americans for some reason. Its not a really big deal.....:rolleyes: At least that's better than unexpectedly encountering FKK bathers on public beaches when missing the posted signage.

I love Funship Freddie!!'' Really wish Carnival would bring him back.

I had a picture made with him. So glad I did now that he is retired.

I am an adult (most people would say elderly, but still young at heart).

Come on Carnival PLEASE BRING FREDDIE BACK. :)

Don't forget the Potato Heads that greet you at the gangway on some ports of call.

Seriously?? Oh my...I need to have my pic taken with them. I have a long standing Mr Potato Head obsession.

I find Freddy creepy too. And the green Freddy is downright wrong! Talk about taking the creepiness up a notch...or 7!

Hi Timsierramist :)

I like Carnivals Ellie the elephant..

:)

Oh, That's the name! Ever since I first saw this mascot on the early Dream cruises, I've always thought of the band, Cage the Elephant, so I've always called it "Cage". "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" :D

Seriously?? Oh my...I need to have my pic taken with them. I have a long standing Mr Potato Head obsession.

I find Freddy creepy too. And the green Freddy is downright wrong! Talk about taking the creepiness up a notch...or 7!

The "Mr. Potato Heads" were in St. Maarten while we were there in September. Thought you'd like a pic.

IMG_0458-1.jpg