The CREEPY Carnival Mascot!

Timsierramist

Okay. This one is almost silly. I know that ahead of time. Maybe I should speak to a Psychologist about this one instead of posters on Cruise Critic, but here goes.

The Carnival Mascot is...creepy. He's red, with "horns" and looks almost gives the appearance of a demon or devil (i'm not really religious either btw). For some reason, that super wide grin just screams malice behind that face. :eek:

Am I the only one that won't let that thing near me, lol. Can't Carnival partner with the Peanuts Gang and get Charlie Brown or something instead (maybe put a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in each cabin during the Holidays).

qfTQvKw_zpsc8ds82ad.jpg

Edited by Timsierramist

I'm with WindDawn...the guy in the speedo would creep me out worse...and Lord it can never be a super hot guy in a speedo...noooooo it's the guy with the overhanging gut who has enough body hair to clearly resemble a gorilla and is so pasty white he's translucent and who clearly does NOT own a mirror.

I agree that Funship Freddy is creepy! My son was given a Funship Freddy book from Camp Carnival on the Splendor earlier in the year and I swear, in some of the illustrations Freddy looks downright diabolical!! My son loves it and I actually bought him a Freddy stuffed toy while on the Fascination this past July. I didn't realize they were phasing him out, but maybe that is why they were giving those creepy Freddy books away?

Funship Freddy has gone into retirement, disappointing many cruisers who loved him. He has been replaced by Dr. Suess characters.

Don't forget the Potato Heads that greet you at the gangway on some ports of call.

Okay. This one is almost silly. I know that ahead of time. Maybe I should speak to a Psychologist about this one instead of posters on Cruise Critic, but here goes.

The Carnival Mascot is...creepy. He's red, with "horns" and looks almost gives the appearance of a demon or devil (i'm not really religious either btw). For some reason, that super wide grin just screams malice behind that face. :eek:

Am I the only one that won't let that thing near me, lol. Can't Carnival partner with the Peanuts Gang and get Charlie Brown or something instead (maybe put a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in each cabin during the Holidays).

qfTQvKw_zpsc8ds82ad.jpg

Carnival won't partner with Peanuts. Funship Freddie doesn't cost royalties. Peanuts gang makes $75 million per year on royalties.

Funship Freddy has gone into retirement, disappointing many cruisers who loved him. He has been replaced by Dr. Suess characters.

To be honest, I saw FF coming down a hallway once on the Pride in 2006 and instinctively turned and went in the other direction. He definately did not remind me of a demon. A FUNNEL, yes. Demon, no. But he was BIG. :eek::D

I do too, and he is not wearing a speedo (more like boy shorts) and he isn't hairy? Can you do a screen shot of the speedo guy and post it here?

Here ya go. I'm guessing this is the one??? I had this screen shot (single digit dance - 9 days) before our Liberty cruise this past September. I can see where some think this is a speedo, but you're right, it looks more like "boy shorts".

8618e954-bd1a-4eb8-9ad5-07a74e1d0e00.jpg

Here ya go. I'm guessing this is the one??? I had this screen shot (single digit dance - 9 days) before our Liberty cruise this past September. I can see where some think this is a speedo, but you're right, it looks more like "boy shorts".

8618e954-bd1a-4eb8-9ad5-07a74e1d0e00.jpg

There is nothing wrong with this pic, imo