Allure & Oasis of the Seas ships

beshears

I am "thinking" of cruising on either the Allure or Oasis of the Seas ship.

We are not into snorkling, but like sand/beach and touring.

If you have been on either of these ships within the past year, would you give me your pros/cons of the ship?

If you have been on either of these ships within the past year, would you give me your pros/cons of the ship?

These ships are virtually identical now. The major difference is that Oasis cruises Saturday to Saturday, and Allure cruises Sunday to Sunday. Other than the main shows, and a restaurant, there's not much else different.

Oasis has the wonderful, huge Diamond and up lounge overlooking the Boardwalk whereas Allure turned this space into specialty dining, Wonderland. I believe Allure's Diamond and up lounge is down in the Entertainment area now. Oasis has Cats which is horrible IMO and Allure has the very entertaining IMO Mama Mia.

They are identical ships except for the differences already stated. One sails on Saturday and one sails on Sunday both alternating Eastern and Western routes. Consequently beaches and touring are the same.

My advice to you would be to look at the Eastern and Western routes and decide which one you are most interested in. Than select the week you would like to sail. Book the ship that is sailing the route you have selected on the week you have selected.

Oasis has the wonderful, huge Diamond and up lounge overlooking the Boardwalk whereas Allure turned this space into specialty dining, Wonderland. I believe Allure's Diamond and up lounge is down in the Entertainment area now. Oasis has Cats which is horrible IMO and Allure has the very entertaining IMO Mama Mia.

That is incorrect. Allure's Diamond Lounge is in the same location as Oasis' - overlooking the boardwalk. There is also no Wonderland on Oasis or Allure. There will be one on Harmony, and Harmony's DL will be down near entertainment place.

How do you book into Wonderland? Is it open to everyone? I don't see it in the cruise planner.

No Wonderland on Allure or Oasis.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Not much different between the two ships. We were just on the Oasis last month, and there was little difference from the Allure two years ago.

If you are interested in some photos and a trip report, i have one for the Oasis in my signature. You can't go wrong with either one. Lots to do.

That is incorrect. Allure's Diamond Lounge is in the same location as Oasis' - overlooking the boardwalk. There is also no Wonderland on Oasis or Allure. There will be one on Harmony, and Harmony's DL will be down near entertainment place.

Oh goodness! Thanks for that correction. I was disappointed about the loss of the lounge overlooking the Boardwalk on my upcoming Allure cruise. I had read this post from someone who was on Allure but guess things changed. Thanks again!

We were on a couple weeks ago. Here's the current lounge status:

Deck 4 Diamond Lounge -- Open to Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle C&A Members.

Deck 11 Concierge Lounge -- Open to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A Members; closing permanently in late January for the conversion to Wonderland.

I have been on both ships, there are basically the same with a few differences, liked Cat's, did not like Mama Mia. Both ships have a lot to offer, the only down side is you will need to add in some extra time to get from point A to point B.

They are identical ships except for the differences already stated. One sails on Saturday and one sails on Sunday both alternating Eastern and Western routes. Consequently beaches and touring are the same.

My advice to you would be to look at the Eastern and Western routes and decide which one you are most interested in. Than select the week you would like to sail. Book the ship that is sailing the route you have selected on the week you have selected.

Hello Al!!! Long time no see! :)

Agree, just choose the itinerary that you like the most. For me, the eastern itinerary is a lot nicer!

[quote=OfTheSeasCruiser;48569242

No Wonderland on Allure or Oasis.

Not disputing this as I don't think there is a Wonderland, but there was a sign on Oasis in November that said Wonderland. I have no idea why the sign was there but it was. I looked inside, it looked like a bar/lounge.

Edited by RocketMan275

Not disputing this as I don't think there is a Wonderland, but there was a sign on Oasis in November that said Wonderland. I have no idea why the sign was there but it was. I looked inside, it looked like a bar/lounge.

Interesting.

There was no sign in May. There's definitely no Wonderland on Oasis, right now. It's currently the DL.

EDIT: Wait, was the sign you are referring to on the directories in the elevator lobbies? Because they are just a mistake, and are from after the dry dock, when Wonderland was supposed to be added.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Interesting.

There was no sign in May. There's definitely no Wonderland on Oasis, right now. It's currently the DL.

EDIT: Wait, was the sign you are referring to on the directories in the elevator lobbies? Because they are just a mistake, and are from after the dry dock, when Wonderland was supposed to be added.

I'm sure the sign was from the dry dock when Wonderland was planned. The sign I saw was in a hall and there was an arrow pointing the way. I was curious so I followed the arrow and there was another sign saying Wonderland outside what I thought was a Bar/Lounge. There wasn't any one there to answer and questions.

I'm sure the sign was from the dry dock when Wonderland was planned. The sign I saw was in a hall and there was an arrow pointing the way. I was curious so I followed the arrow and there was another sign saying Wonderland outside what I thought was a Bar/Lounge. There wasn't any one there to answer and questions.

You are right. The sign was there in November, but the area is now being used as the DL. They just left the sign up. It was the sign right outside the venue.

Maybe they still have hopes of changing the use someday.

Edited by h20skibum

H2skiburn, I wanted to thank you for being able to read your review on the Oasis, and see the wonderful pictures. I love seeing the pictures with the reviews, as that really gives me an idea of what the "inside" of the ships have.

Thank you "everyone" else for your input on both of the ships that I had ask about. It sounds like they are pretty similiar to each other, with just a little difference in each ship.

Guess the next thing I need to do is check out the itinerary of what island/ports they are going to, and where I have to fly in from KC to get there. :)