Cruise plans - when is spring break in your area?

funinthesun1964

Both schools and universities, if you have kids then please post the dates of the breaks. Some people like to avoid these times due to crowds and higher pricing. Thanks!

In my area, looks the schools are closed March 21-28.

Every state, every school is different. March and April are the typical spring break times. That being said, typically if you choose a longer duration cruise (10 days or more) you won't experience a ton of kids.

College - from the first week in March through the first week in April. Some colleges are on semesters and some are still on tri-masters

Public schools - the second week in March through the first week in April. Some of our schools are on traditional calendars while other are on balanced calendars. Those on balanced calendars have a 2 weeks spring break. School starting days vary by district from July 1st to the last week in August. that also affects the time they schedule spring breaks.

I live in Wellington, Fl in Palm Beach County.

Spring break is March 21-25. Coincidentally, that week you will see prices spiked up in most cruise lines. I miss living in Ohio when (if memory serves correctly) spring break was almost always different than palm beach county and we could cruise cheaper.

Here in Central New York the kids have off February 13-21 for Winter Recess. Then they are off April 23 to May 1st for Spring Recess. I haven't found any school districts that have a later Spring Recess than ours! The reason our break is so late is because NYS Standardized testing is offered in the first three weeks in April, including makeup testing dates.

Here in Central New York the kids have off February 13-21 for Winter Recess. Then they are off April 23 to May 1st for Spring Recess. I haven't found any school districts that have a later Spring Recess than ours! The reason our break is so late is because NYS Standardized testing is offered in the first three weeks in April, including makeup testing dates.

That is a really late spring break. Based on the responses here, it looks like the most popular week is March 21st, which lines up with what spring break is in our immediate area. I won't plan anything for that week, since I know airfare and cruise prices will probably be high!