Disembarkation Day Question

digger69

We're on the Navigator 8 day sailing on March 19th. When she pulls into port on March 27th, our flight isn't until 6:45 that night.

How long do they allow you to stay on the ship before you have to leave? I'm not sure what to do all day after leaving the ship. My feeling is that we'll have had our fill of beaches, so that's out.

What do you all do in the interim hours?

We're on the Navigator 8 day sailing on March 19th. When she pulls into port on March 27th, our flight isn't until 6:45 that night.

How long do they allow you to stay on the ship before you have to leave? I'm not sure what to do all day after leaving the ship. My feeling is that we'll have had our fill of beaches, so that's out.

Probably the latest you can stay on board would be 10am or so. There will be no facilities open on the ship after around 8am.

out of your cabin by 8-830 and OFF by 10-1030 they have to get ready to next the next batch on by noon

You have to be out of your cabin by 8:30; and you cannot use the ship's pool or anything so you may as well get off. The Hyatt's spa 66 often has groupon for spa specials. With that, you also get full use of their pool facilities, nice lounges, etc. you can check your bags in the lobby with the valet - just tell them you have spa appointments. You check in with the spa. Can't remember if you get a braclet or what, but you will have proof them to go get the pool towels and such. I say hang out at a nice hotel pool for the day and then grab a cab to the airport around 4.

Depending on which port you get off at, sometimes RCL has post cruise excursions with airport drop-off for people with late flights. May be worth looking into.

Actually, this is a good idea. I do see some excursions that look kinda fun. :D

Depending on which port you get off at, sometimes RCL has post cruise excursions with airport drop-off for people with late flights. May be worth looking into.

Actually, this is a good idea. I do see some excursions that look kinda fun. :D

They will still be dropping you off at the airport before you will even be allowed to check-in and go through security. You will be stuck in the upstairs section, sitting around for hours.

Follow Trekker's suggestion. Or rent a car and go touring. Should be pretty cheap for a one day rental.

Go to a day hotel in fll.

Yup its sad to say, they can delay your embarkation for a multitude of reasons, but when it's time to go, they try to get you off asap.

Request the last time, maybe lucky to get 10:30ish.

Good luck and safe travels.

out of your cabin by 8-830 and OFF by 10-1030 they have to get ready to next the next batch on by noon

^^^^^ This, but i'd say out by 8:30off by 10:00

Just do a tour or google for somewhere to store your bags while you self tour.

I had a very late flight out of FLL earlier this month so we stayed on until they made the all guests ashore announcement. The first announcement for that was at 9:45. There was a long line in customs, but it looked like the last guests that got in line were right at about 10am. They did keep the Promenade cafe with water, coffee, and pastries open until that time, as I grabbed a quick glass of water before we walked to the gangway.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

I would either get a daytime hotel room (can nap, or use the pool, or watch tv, or whatever), or get a day pass to one of the airline lounges at the airport (both Delta and United have lounges at FLL -- costs $59 at Delta and includes foods and drinks, including booze).

Any recommendations on hotels that allow the 'day' room deal in FLL? Can you reserve space in the Delta or United lounges, or is it walk-up only?

There are hotels that offer day rooms, but I cannot recall which. Post your question on the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Any recommendations on hotels that allow the 'day' room deal in FLL? Can you reserve space in the Delta or United lounges, or is it walk-up only?

Almost all hotels near the airport will offer a day room. (Several Airbnb options, too.) Just call and ask. If all you want is a bed and a tv, you can go pretty cheap with a motel. Alternately, if you want a fancy pool and loungers on the beach, those are available as well.

No reservation needed for the airport lounges -- just walk in, show your boarding pass (doesn't even have to be booked on their airline to use their lounge, but you do need to be in the same terminal), and pay the fee.

Delta is $59pp in Terminal 2 servicing Air Canada, Delta, and Condor Airlines.

United is $50pp in Terminal 1 / Concourse C servicing Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Silver Airways, United/United Express, Virgin America, Westjet....Southwest is in Concourse B, I'm not sure if you can access Concourse C with a Southwest boarding pass, as I don't fly Southwest.

Hope that helps!